jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
im sorry in advance if i offend anyone because i know its difficult to get therapy for lots of people.. im sorry..
i hate it i hate it i hate it so much. how do you manage to get therapy when therapists are your trigger? i never feel 100% safe discussing anything with them and i always regret it and feel nauseous if i disclose anything. the sad reality is that
(1) they only want your money and never really care
(2) if you tell them the full truth you get sectioned or locked in inpatient and stuffed with whatever anti-suicide drug they have

im so embarrassed im so humiliated to go and i always try to get out of it. they cannot help me. they can give me coping strategies maybe but they cannot change my fundamental outlook on life. its a part of who i am. my family tell me i am not a burden but i hear them whispering and then they act like i am a disappointment. i know they wish i was different. the antidepressants i have make me feel worse. i cant sleep without sedatives. the thing is, all i want sometimes is to be the type of person that people miss, and when im not there, think 'oh i wish they were here. You know what, we should invite them!' But i dont think anyone ever thinks this. I wish i didnt take up space. If someone else had my life, my body, they would be better suited to it. I know the damage i will cause if i go. either i go to therapy and fix my brain or i live like this forever. when both options are so awful, who can blame me if i want to take the "easy way out"?

• Hugs
Reactions: BornHated, IndyAna, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that therapy is just a scam to profit from people's suffering, I believe that such a thing is certainly best avoided as it sounds so horrible being tormented by being locked in the prison that is the psych ward.
And suicide could never be the "easy way out" in my opinion, there's nothing easy about leaving this world, if suicide actually was an easy way to be free from everything then I would be long gone at this point.

Reactions: am1485, IndyAna, SilentSadness and 2 others
jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
I think that therapy is just a scam to profit from people's suffering, I believe that such a thing is certainly best avoided as it sounds so horrible being tormented by being locked in the prison that is the psych ward.
And suicide could never be the "easy way out" in my opinion, there's nothing easy about leaving this world, if suicide actually was an easy way to be free from everything then I would be long gone at this point.
yes but its usually referred to as that, hence why i put it in sarcastic quotation marks

L

lyk0s002

Jun 14, 2023
If I may, I'd like to offer a different perspective on therapy.

1. That they never cared. I think this depends on the therapist, but a lot of them do. If I put myself in their shoes and point of view I can understand with so many different clients and their own personal life they can't care as much as someone who may love you or is close to you. But they do care as much as they can.

2. I blame governments for sanctions. Mandated reporting for wanting to ctb, threats that they may lose their licenses and jobs. Laws are what causes suicide to be a taboo topic in therapy.

I find therapist helpful in everyday life. New perspective on problems or identifying spots in my life I want to improve and plans to achieve that. But I do agree that the deeper issues such as ctb they are useless for.

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter and jonghyun
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Suicide is not the easy way out. People think that, and they think the hard part is realising it's an option, and then after that all they have to do is die. But the hard part is everything that comes after that. Fuck their opinions and do what's right for you.
There is someone here who bared their soul to their therapist over the course of a couple years, and is absolutely crushed now by the therapist ending the sessions and giving some bullshit diagnosis just as a way of shutting it down. And my words aren't doing the situation justice. This person is crushed. They bared their soul. How much power over ourselves are we supposed to give a stranger, along with our money? Idk. I don't think I should be slagging therapy here, especially here, but personally I would never trust it. Maybe I'm just a control freak, so take this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: jonghyun and IndyAna