• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
This thread was approved by @Hasssssuùuu

Read the ENTIRE OP before posting.

THERE ARE A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE R2D REBREATHER THAT MANY OF US WOULD LIKE TO ASK THE COMPANY. SINCE SS CAN BE PUBLICLY VIEWED, PERHAPS THEY WILL SEE THEM HERE.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE THREAD GUIDELINES LISTED BELOW.

1. THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW THE REBREATHER SOLD BY R2D WORKS AS A METHOD, OR FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

These are the only comments allowed so that there is no derailing.

This is NOT a conversational thread.

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT SHIPPING, SALES, OR TRANSACTIONS.

Here are some question examples, asked by @faust on another thread:

1) It was mentioned that [the ReBreather] works same way like we are on an altitude.
How about heartbeat?
2) Do people experience hallucinations before passing out with this method?
3) Do they experience nausea?
4) Will propranolol help pass out much more quickly?
5) How many times can we test this method before CTB?

2. NO debates, NO supplying answers to the questions asked here, NO arguing or derailing, NO sharing of links, email addresses, or transactional info, NO asking what a ReBreather is or any questions other than as explained in #1 above.

If you would like to debate or ask other questions, take it to the thread, DeBreather purchase, too good to be true?

If you think you can provide the answer to a member's question, quote the question and answer it in a comment on the thread, DeBreather purchase, too good to be true?

A reminder that links to the product websites, the shippers' websites, and email addresses are only to be shared in PMs, not in public forum comments. If you seek such information regarding this product, you can ask in a comment on the thread, DeBreather purchase, too good to be true?

3. Conflict of interest?

I am not in contact with anyone from R2D or Exit International. I am not a member of Exit International, and have never had contact with anyone from either organization.

4. Will anyone from R2D or Exit International read these questions and respond?

Maybe. It is my hope they will at least read them.

Anyone is able to view this forum without being a member, including representatives of R2D and Exit International.

If any SS member is in contact with an official representative of R2D or Exit International and wants to notify them of the thread, go for it, but please keep it to yourself or talk about it on the other thread listed and linked above.

Members, please remember that it is your responsibility to protect yourself from scams. Sanctioned Suicide does not recommend or sell products, and is not in contact with any sellers. If a member claims they are in contact with a seller, it may be a scam. If a member gives you an email address for a seller, it may be a scam.

5. If an SS member receives answers to any of these questions directly from an official representative of R2D and would like to share them with the community, create a new thread and link this one in the OP for reference. I would suggest the thread title be, "Answers Directly from R2D About the R2D ReBreather Method and Product." Create the thread at your own risk. Make your own rules for it. Get mod approval before posting it. Members, re-read the scams paragraph in #4 above.

6. REMINDER: This thread is only for questions about how the ReBreather sold by R2D works as a method, or technical questions about the ReBreather. These are the only comments allowed so that there is no derailing. This is not a conversational thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Pen>Sword, enjolras and 7 others
BizarreBazaar

BizarreBazaar

Student
Feb 26, 2020
I noticed you're using both "ReBreather" and "DeBreather" when referring to this. Was this intentional or just some typos?

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I'd also like to stress that members should look to validate and legitimize information THEMSELVES, INSTEAD OF BEING RELIANT ON OTHERS. New products including this will consist of vulnerable users, desperately attempting to get their hands on the product, without even validating any information that their given.

This will also include scammers and people reaching out to you in PMs, attempting to provide you with information and help you with purchasing the product or selling the product. THE FORUM IS NOT A MARKETPLACE, IF YOU DO RECIEVE SUCH MESSAGES, PLEASE REPORT THEM.

NO ONE will be responsible for you being scammed. i encourage everyone to glance over this, offering advice in identifying scams on the site. "Looking out for Scams: Megathread". please be careful and question ALL INFORMATION you come across.

take care.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Overnoutofhere, MartyByrde, enjolras and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I noticed you're using both "ReBreather" and "DeBreather" when referring to this. Was this intentional or just some typos?

The product name is the R2D ReBreather.

Many members mistakenly call it a DeBreather, and the other thread referenced in the OP was titled that way.

Edit: It seems the PPH called it a DeBreather, but that's not the product name.

Last edited:
tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
Two questions:
1. What is the shelf life of an unopened ReBreather?
2. Is it possible to replace the soda lime granules with new ones?

Reactions: enjolras and faust
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed. i think this thread is a good idea. members can use this thread for the sole purpose of asking technical questions regarding the rebreather. they dont have to comb through all the non technical discussions. however whats the point of posting questions here if people are forbidden to provide answers to those questions under the same thread . we'll end up accumulating more and more questions without any of them being answered. know what i mean?

Hi, @idonk!

Please read the OP. This thread is for posting questions only, no comments or conversation.

It's a place to leave the questions, perhaps the R2D folks will see them, perhaps not.

Thanks!

Edit: I updated #1 in the OP to address this question. The point of the thread is that the questions are not for the community but the folks who designed the ReBreather.

If anyone has any more comments or questions, please PM me or comment on the other thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
Hi, I have read that when a persons oxygen level gets very low that they sometimes exhibit behaviours like trying to pull their mask off. I would imagine that perhaps taking some kind of anti anxiety medication may help, however i assume that at a very low level of oxygen it is not about anxiety as you would not be fully cognisant if your levels were very low, so i wonder then how you could circumvent this? I dont know whether behaviours such as hallucinations may also occur at reduced oxygen levels, again also interferring with the devices effectiveness?

Reactions: enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
1. What happens if the attempt fails? You just don't die or permanent sequelae?
2. Could be wrapping the mask and your head form front to back a good way to prevent possible leak?
3. Is it necessary or advisible, for whatever reasons, take benzos before the attempt? I don't think so. Just asking.
4. If you lose consciousness in approximately 10 minutes, and die in approximately another 20-30 minutes. Is there any danger of being rescued after 30-40 minutes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Overnoutofhere, enjolras and Halo13
J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
2. Could be wrapping the mask and your head form front to back a good way to prevent possible leak?
3. Is it necessary or advisible, for whatever reasons, take benzos before the attempt? I don't think so. Just asking.
4. If you lose consciousness in approximately 10 minutes, and die in approximately another 20-30 minutes. Is there any danger of being rescued after 30-40 minutes?

Bumping these questions and asking what would happen if the masked leaked but you ere too brain damaged to do anything? Would you CTB eventually or just become a vegetable?

Reactions: Overnoutofhere, Donk and enjolras
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I have advanced COPD and am co2-retentive. Will this condition have any effect on how the ReBreather works? Will it work faster than it does for healthy people? Will it be an effective but less peaceful way to exit? Or will it not work at all?

I understand that there may not yet be empirical evidence on these subjects, but a best guess from people who know the mechanics and the respiratory system would be very gratefully received. Thanks.

J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
How long should we know it will work, or 'abort' the attempt?

What other indications are there that the attempt is working/not working, relating to the mask seal or any other factors?

Is there anyway to test the seal prior to attempt?

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Should we breathe normally or hyperventilate, with the goal in mind to speed up the loss of consciousness ? (Nitschke has been recommending deep breathing before & after putting down the exit bag filled with Nitrogen, as a comparison)

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@idonk emailed some of the questions to the maker and posted the response on the DeBreather thread. Here's what s/he posted:

here are questions i asked Richard:

3. Is it necessary or advisible, for whatever reasons, take benzos before the attempt?
5. what would happen if the masked leaked but you are too brain damaged to do anything? Would you died eventually or just become a vegetable?
6. I have advanced COPD and am co2-retentive. Will this condition have any effect on how the ReBreather works?
Will it work faster than it does for healthy people? Will it be an effective but less peaceful way to exit? Or will it not work at all?
7. How long should we know it will work, or 'abort' the attempt?
8. Should we breathe normally or hyperventilate, with the goal in mind to speed up the loss of consciousness

his responses:

1) The only way in which the attempt can fail is if the seal is (a) not effective at the outset or (b) the seal is compromised during use. If (a) you won't lose consciousness and so after 6-8 minutes, you should have figured this out and corrected the problem. If (b) it depends upon the cause. Regarding a loss of seal integrity during use, this would bring about a return to consciousness unless respiration had already ceased, in which case brain death would proceed uninterrupted.
2) The mask and chinstrap are sufficient to ensure a leak-proof seal. Especially if the inflatable cushion seal on the mask is properly adjusted (by inflation/deflation).
3) I think a sedative is a positive.
4) Loss of consciousness should be within 3-5 minutes. Death should follow within another 10-15 minutes. This minimizes the risk of interruption/rescue.
5) See #1
6) That's beyond my capability to answer. Maybe Philip can address that.
7) 6-8 minutes
8) Personally, I would breathe normally. The process is peaceful and painless, and I would breathe normally until I fall naturally into unconsciousness.
Hope these responses are helpful.
Richard

@Hasssssuùuu, would you please lock this thread? It's served its purpose.