• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I'm a very sentimental person and I like to look at quotes that I relate to to comfort me. So I kinda wanna make a thread of just mental health and suicide related quotes to read to myself from time to time.

If you have any please share

I thought, "I want to die. I want to die more than ever before. There's no chance now of a recovery. No matter what sort of thing I do, no matter what I do, it's sure to be a failure, just a final coating applied to my shame. That dream of going on bicycles to see a waterfall framed in summer leaves—it was not for the likes of me. All that can happen now is that one foul, humiliating sin will be piled on another, and my sufferings will become only the more acute. I want to die. I must die. Living itself is the source of sin.

Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

Whenever I was asked what I wanted my first impulse was to answer "Nothing." The thought went through my mind that it didn't make any difference, that nothing was going to make me happy.

People talk of "social outcasts." The words apparently denote the miserable losers of the world, the vicious ones, but I feel as though I have been a "social outcast" from the moment I was born. If ever I meet someone society has designated as an outcast, I invariably feel affection for him, an emotion which carries me away in melting tenderness.

(Yeah I really like dazai osamu)

I have always shook with fright before human beings. Unable as I was to feel the least particle of confidence in my ability to speak and act like a human being, I kept my solitary agonies locked in my breast. I kept my melancholy and my agitation hidden, careful lest any trace should be left exposed. I feigned an innocent optimism; I gradually perfected myself in the role of the farcical eccentric.

All I feel are the assaults of apprehension and terror at the thought that I am the only one who is entirely unlike the rest. It is almost impossible for me to converse with other people. What should I talk about, how should I say it? - I don't know.

Unhappiness. There are all kinds of unhappy people in the world. I suppose it would be no exaggeration to say that the world is composed entirely of unhappy people. But those people can fight their unhappiness with society fairly and squarly, and society for its part easily understands and sympathizes with such struggles. My unhappiness stemmed entirely from my own vices, and I had no way of fighting anybody.

I am afraid because I can so clearly foresee my own life rotting away of itself, like a leaf that rots without falling, while I pursue my round of existence from day to day.
Osamu Dazai, The Setting Sun (New Directions Book)

When I pretended to be precocious, people started the rumor that I was precocious. When I acted like an idler, rumor had it I was an idler. When I pretended I couldn't write a novel, people said I couldn't write. When I acted like a liar, they called me a liar. When I acted like a rich man, they started the rumor I was rich. When I feigned indifference, they classed me as the indifferent type. But when I inadvertently groaned because I was really in pain, they started the rumor that I was faking suffering. The world is out of joint.
Osamu Dazai, The Setting Sun (New Directions

Okay that's enough of dazai I'ma start adding other quotes

"What they did to you was not your fault..."
(No idea where this is from)

"Your not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness "

"I was raised by angry people"

"Why can't I cry about this?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, buyersremorse, Hollowman and 1 other person
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Although not intentionally or explicitly related to suicide, the quote in my signature resonates with me n fits perfectly.

it is: "Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red" Macbeth

essentially there is a bloody hand that, even when given the whole ocean to cleanse, ends up making the seas red. its similar to me. I am beyond help and any person who tries to help me will be hurt.

"I no longer know If I wish to drown myself in love, vodka or the sea." Franz Kafka

This one i found kind of memorable. also quite true.

Fyi love dazai osamu quotes, amazing author.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Although not intentionally or explicitly related to suicide, the quote in my signature resonates with me n fits perfectly.

it is: "Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red" Macbeth

essentially there is a bloody hand that, even when given the whole ocean to cleanse, ends up making the seas red. its similar to me. I am beyond help and any person who tries to help me will be hurt.

"I no longer know If I wish to drown myself in love, vodka or the sea." Franz Kafka

This one i found kind of memorable. also quite true.

Fyi love dazai osamu quotes, amazing author.
Yeah same thanks for the quotes

P

PhilosopherInAV0id

The Reaper of Self, Amid the Silence
Jan 28, 2024
Don't know if you can count them as an official quote, since I came up with these, but, I have them:

To feel emotion means to have an experience. The more vivid the emotion, the more vivid the experience. I can therefore say I have learned personally what it feels like to be stabbed through the heart and die.

A person is incapable of living if they are truly scared of death. To do anything means inviting that risk, however small, into their life. What, then, are we truly afraid of?

Plus one I found somewhere, don't remember where, and probably remembered horribly:

One can't be scared of death. As long as one is alive, death doesn't exist, and if one is dead, then they no longer exist.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Don't know if you can count them as an official quote, since I came up with these, but, I have them:

To feel emotion means to have an experience. The more vivid the emotion, the more vivid the experience. I can therefore say I have learned personally what it feels like to be stabbed through the heart and die.

A person is incapable of living if they are truly scared of death. To do anything means inviting that risk, however small, into their life. What, then, are we truly afraid of?

Plus one I found somewhere, don't remember where, and probably remembered horribly:

One can't be scared of death. As long as one is alive, death doesn't exist, and if one is dead, then they no longer exist.
Thanks for these

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
How are you so quiet about it? Your sadness I mean. How do you hold it in your chest, in your eyes, in your teeth without letting it speak; how does it stay still?
Rbcages

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and PhilosopherInAV0id
P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
I came up with some more quotes after last time, enjoy:

What would happen if I were to die? The answer-regardless of age, gender, color, ethnicity, language, species, or inanimacy-is nothing.

Being suicidal is being a masochist without pleasure derived. We cause ourselves pain by continuing to live, and hate it so badly that we stop doing so.

When we are young, some dream of grandeur, glory, and fame. Then the curtains open, and we discover reality-choking on life, and then our own blood.

There is nothing I can do to 'atone' for the 'sins' I have committed while living. First, they accumulated because of an existence I had no choice in. Second, if people can be as blind as to not see life for the atrocity it is, then they surely can't see the wrongs that I can. I will be a savior to the world, whether it is known to me or not, by stopping the accumulation, regardless of how many people can see it.

I do not see why people brag about how they can kill people in about 100 ways through common objects. I have found millions to even billions, documented in my imagination with one test subject, broken beyond belief-myself.

Death has become so commonplace that we no longer fear it, but in fact its opposite.

If anyone seeing this wants me to write more, feel free to just message me, as I can create these out of about nowhere. General suicide or specific topics are all fine.

• Love
Reactions: MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I came up with some more quotes after last time, enjoy:

What would happen if I were to die? The answer-regardless of age, gender, color, ethnicity, language, species, or inanimacy-is nothing.

Being suicidal is being a masochist without pleasure derived. We cause ourselves pain by continuing to live, and hate it so badly that we stop doing so.

When we are young, some dream of grandeur, glory, and fame. Then the curtains open, and we discover reality-choking on life, and then our own blood.

There is nothing I can do to 'atone' for the 'sins' I have committed while living. First, they accumulated because of an existence I had no choice in. Second, if people can be as blind as to not see life for the atrocity it is, then they surely can't see the wrongs that I can. I will be a savior to the world, whether it is known to me or not, by stopping the accumulation, regardless of how many people can see it.

I do not see why people brag about how they can kill people in about 100 ways through common objects. I have found millions to even billions, documented in my imagination with one test subject, broken beyond belief-myself.

Death has become so commonplace that we no longer fear it, but in fact its opposite.

If anyone seeing this wants me to write more, feel free to just message me, as I can create these out of about nowhere. General suicide or specific topics are all fine.
These are so good 🙏

Did you make these yourself? That's amazing

P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
These are so good 🙏

Did you make these yourself? That's amazing
Yeah, I just make them whenever I have the time. I have a couple non-ctb related ones, but I recently have been doing a lot of ctb related. I came up with all of these in about a 1/2 hour-ish? Most of it is just trying to come up with a topic, so if I have a predefined one, I can make a lot more. As I keep doing them, I eventually run out of topics to cover that I can think of. What I like to say is that I was alone for so long that me, myself, and I all worked to forge my mind into the strongest thinker they knew. If you want to see the non-ctb, or have custom requests, just let me know.

• Wow
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I just make them whenever I have the time. I have a couple non-ctb related ones, but I recently have been doing a lot of ctb related. I came up with all of these in about a 1/2 hour-ish? Most of it is just trying to come up with a topic, so if I have a predefined one, I can make a lot more. As I keep doing them, I eventually run out of topics to cover that I can think of. What I like to say is that I was alone for so long that me, myself, and I all worked to forge my mind into the strongest thinker they knew. If you want to see the non-ctb, or have custom requests, just let me know.
I'll see if your willing to share. That's honestly a talent I really like those quotes

P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
Another day, and more quotes fresh out:

Suicide is a universal act of rebellion-against others, the world, and oneself.

The freezing cold tundra and Earth's molten core, the darkness of space and the ocean's floor, the fiercest animals and the world's worst wars, the biggest explosions and the grim reaper's door, although all of these are the worst of extremes, the one who stands above it all is me.

All around me are oblivious and carefree people, going on with their busy, pointless lives. They talk incessantly of their simple lives and expect me to listen and do the same. It makes a question come time and time again: Am I insane? Or is the world?

Why is it that the funds for my funeral outweigh the worth my life had in its entirety?

I prefer to think of death as allowing my soul to endlessly gaze into the V0id. (Not a typo)

I would much rather have my existence be forgotten once I die, in contrast to being remembered. There is nothing I have done to be worthy of such punishment.

If possible, I would like to be reborn as an entity under someone else. I would not have to worry about life, but still get to revel in the chaos created because of it.

One might think of death as a flower. The capability of it is planted within us all. It grows as we progress through life, growing stronger and bigger with every passing day. Some fertilize it, and others actively seek to stop it. But the time comes when it blooms, and then it is the most beautiful of all. Then after that brief moment passes, it is picked, and remembered for a while, until it wilts and is forgotten to all, until the seeds it made are planted inside another.

Death is an example of the foolishness of the human race. We race to delay and stop the inevitable.

• Love
sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
Sometimes it happens that things lose their meaning. The meaning of a window, for example, is to look into it. And sometimes you look into it, but there's nothing to look at. Nothing interesting. Or what's the point of washing up in the morning? To be fresh? And what's the point of being fresh in the morning? What's the point of being in the morning? It's unclear... And it's unclear whether life has always been meaningless, and you just didn't notice it, or whether it made sense, but sense got lost somewhere...
Barash

(c) Fluff - Kikoriki, 2011.

Not quite suicide related, more about meaningless of life, but i just wanted to share. Best cartoon with the deepest of means i've ever watched.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiMif and violetskies
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
Not sure if it is suicide related but I remember having to read this old periodical/article (i think) for uni with this quote and it always made me think of suicide:

"After all this, tell me, dear Idler, what I must do next; I have health, I have money, and I hope that I have understanding; yet, with all these, I have never been able to pass a single day which I did not wish at an end before sunset."

P

PhilosopherInAV0id

Jan 28, 2024
I've gone and created some more again:

When my bones become as cold as stone, it is only then that I will know peace.

Whenever I look into the mirror, I see the imagination I wish could be made reality-the background tinted red, a smile on my face, and my head rent from my neck.

The swirls of blood make a picture of beauty as they run free from my veins. My soul is reflected in them, leaving the Earth behind.

What can one truly say they've accomplished but making one's life longer or shorter?

The only reason one would wake up in the morning and set out to accomplish things is because of fear-of society, death, life, and so many other things. If one could get rid of fear, they would know the truth of all reality.

I feel the passage of every second as a reverberation in my soul. My subconscious mind could tell you exactly how long I've suffered for.

I write in order to escape reality. But all my writing does is reflect it.

My body is simply a puppet on strings, being pulled by a soul who is tired of the monotony.

Humans have grown so bored of reality that their entertainment is to join a different one.

This is the end of today's list. If you want to quote some of my stuff somewhere else, no. 1, that would absolutely make me feel satisfied with what I do, and no. 2, just put PhilosopherInAV0id as the author.

• Love