TypeDef_End_Bye

TypeDef_End_Bye

Nov 16, 2022
Yes, youtube is great, but I want to go back to being a bookworm that loves to learn. I'm not planning on becoming asocial, I just want to find that 'me' from 13 years ago.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CowsAgainstCapitali, Decided98, Forever Sleep and 11 others
BreathOnAMirror

BreathOnAMirror

trying my best
Dec 18, 2022
I can really relate on this. Youtube and sites like it do have some good stuff on them, like actual interesting content that adds to your day, but once the algorithm has a grasp on what you like and don't like it's straight up like a parasite, it can take up hours of your day and you don't even notice and by the end of it you've pretty much just watched filler content that adds nothing to your life. If you want advice on it, I've deleted them all off my phone, I keep a site blocker active as much as possible, and I went into each site's settings and disabled history saving which makes it a lot harder for their algorithms to figure out how to catch your attention, now even if I do give in and go on it doesn't know what to serve me and I usually snap out of it in a couple minutes.

• Aww..
Reactions: heavyeyes, whatevs, TypeDef_End_Bye and 1 other person
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
I need to do this as well. Reddit too, sucks so many hours for nothing.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, whatevs and BreathOnAMirror
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Good call, I'm going to try.

ikdwhattothinjof

ikdwhattothinjof

Dec 20, 2022
i use "df tube" and "watchlimits" extensions on my browser. with those installed you can get rid of anything you dont like: comments, recommendations, the main page, basically turning youtube into a search bar, +set a watchtime limit for today. hope this helps.

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Good idea. I would have done this but I need social media for Uni. As soon as I'm done with Uni I'm going full hermit mode.

• Aww..
Reactions: TypeDef_End_Bye
TypeDef_End_Bye

TypeDef_End_Bye

Nov 16, 2022
i use "df tube" and "watchlimits" extensions on my browser. with those installed you can get rid of anything you dont like: comments, recommendations, the main page, basically turning youtube into a search bar, +set a watchtime limit for today. hope this helps.
nice thx

Reactions: ikdwhattothinjof