_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
(note: im doing this to be able to visit an ayahuasca retreat this year, kratom is most likely incompatible with the maoi containing brew, which could lead to death, but not a peaceful one i believe)

i have been using kratom for my social anxiety and to be able to function. my mood levels before i started to get into another cycle of kratom use were pretty low.. kratom has helped me a lot in many situations, but i took it lightly, i knew what i was about to get into. this current cycle started last year, must have been 6-8 months of daily use which is the longest i had so far.

there are people claiming that kratom is toxic and dangerous. i've done liver tests which came all back with no issues, they said my liver is in a good shape. i must admit that i rarely drink tho, im very happy to be able replacing alcohol with it, i even prefer kratom since its just a whole different thing without toxicity.

anyways, i have been doing it for too long now. i actually started slowly tapering it down since 1-2 months. usually my average dose was 1-2g per day in the first weeks of use, i used it on weekends mainly. when i started using it during the day to cope somehow, i started consuming more; ~5-7g/day.

i ended up with 10g per day which is far below what others guys on reddit claimed to use, im highly sensitive to most drugs, especially caffeine and similar things.

when i started to get serious about quitting, i tried to get an fixed amount per day, i tried 10g > 8g per day which somehow worked without having too bad withdrawals.
within 1-2months i managed to go from 8gpd(grams per day) to 6gpd! i'm glad i was able to do it that easily tbh. the only motivation for this is that i want to give life a last try to visit the aya retreat, i know i talk a lot about it, but its my last hope.

quitting some substances can be really rough, i found that having a specific and worthy goal on why you wanna do it helps, at least thats how it feels like atm. without that goal i wouldnt think about quitting it and go straight into preparing for ctb (which i still want actually but si and the last try are keeping me at bay, at least a little bit)

i'm using some otc teas which help me manage possible anxiety come ups. they also help me sleeping easier.

anyways, my tapering regime for the last 1-2months was -.5g each week. i have tried instant quitting in my previous cycles (1,2 and 4 months), but it was not that easy, lots of stress and at least one time i went back and 'enjoyed' another week till i finally quit it.

i think kratom is pretty safe, nothing wrong with using it on weekends. it also helps me with Fibromyalgia, tbh its my only way to get rid of that pain and its natural.
maybe i gonna update this threat, felt like posting this. hope you have a relaxed weekend guys, thanks for checking in!:heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bahbah Blacksheep, kinzokukae, enjolras and 2 others