• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

neversleep

Jun 14, 2024
Can Quetiapine be use as an EA for SN? Even if you don't take it regularly?

Could there be a problem by going from 0 to 350-400 mg on the day? I am sure i wont fall a sleep as no drug puts me out.

Reactions: Nefera and DOHARDTHINGS24
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
Hey,
If it's ok to piggyback on your question, in case someone has the answers to both…??
Can you use Quetiapine as an AE if you been taking it for a long time?? I currently take 400mg a day as a 53 kilo woman but used to take twice that & have been taking for maybe 15 years??? I'm struggling getting an AE but have plenty of quetiapine but can't figure out if it will work for long term takers & if so, how much to take & when…. if I can use this as an AE, it gets me so much closer to my CTB date but I'm scared of getting it wrong. Apologies for piling a question on to your question & if you want me to delete, I will absolutely. But maybe it'll bump & then we both win??? I dunno?

Reactions: Nefera
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Jun 7, 2024
From what I know, it can be used as an ae..
If you've never taken before it is quite sedative. 50mg would put me to sleep within 30mins and I'm quite a big guy.
25-50mg is the usual starting dose, the only thing I think should be considered is how fast it can put you to sleep..
If it's a med you're used to, I'd say double the dose.

• Informative
Reactions: DOHARDTHINGS24 and Nefera
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
It's tough, I've taken for so long. No one can believe I took 800. I say to my ex who is 2.5 times my size, that if he took that in in one go, he'd probably sleep for 2 days straight. It's an insidious bullshit drug that I hate - if I was litigious, I'd go back to the motherfucker that prescribed it for me for sleep - he distinctly told me it was the only sleeping aid medication that had "zero side effects". Tell that to the tumour behind my eye & my pancreas & the rest. And he was someone I trusted, someone who is actually "famous" in the psych world, Globally. I truly believe it was him being bought by BigPharma. I'm not a conspiracy theory person, it's not my thing, but having seen what has happened with endocrinologists in my country, a first world country, I cannot see a way around it. I have one doc that I trust with my life & I wish I could see them but am deliberately avoiding so they can't be implicated in any way. But geez, if they could give me 10 min to discuss this legally, I wouldn't have a care left in the world. Well, nearly.
But I'm still not sure what to do about the seroquel. The guides say as little meds as possible but as little change as possible & I'm just stuck.

itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Jun 7, 2024
It's tough, I've taken for so long. No one can believe I took 800. I say to my ex who is 2.5 times my size, that if he took that in in one go, he'd probably sleep for 2 days straight. It's an insidious bullshit drug that I hate - if I was litigious, I'd go back to the motherfucker that prescribed it for me for sleep - he distinctly told me it was the only sleeping aid medication that had "zero side effects". Tell that to the tumour behind my eye & my pancreas & the rest. And he was someone I trusted, someone who is actually "famous" in the psych world, Globally. I truly believe it was him being bought by BigPharma. I'm not a conspiracy theory person, it's not my thing, but having seen what has happened with endocrinologists in my country, a first world country, I cannot see a way around it. I have one doc that I trust with my life & I wish I could see them but am deliberately avoiding so they can't be implicated in any way. But geez, if they could give me 10 min to discuss this legally, I wouldn't have a care left in the world. Well, nearly.
But I'm still not sure what to do about the seroquel. The guides say as little meds as possible but as little change as possible & I'm just stuck.
800 is a huge dose. I only used them recreationally never long enough to build a tolerance, 50mg sent me over though. I can imagine 800 would make me sleep for 2 days too lol.
I hear what you're saying about big pharma too, a patient healed is a patient lost right?

Yeah there doesn't seem to be any cases of anyone using it as an ae but a pretty solid guide does state it can be used as one. I think in your case realistically it's thinking about the worst case scenario… they recommend as little meds as possible to lower the risk of vomiting & to have as little change as possible to prevent unnecessary discomfort.

How is your stomach normally? Are you prone to vomit? Even with the best ae, they still is a high Risk of vomiting and that's why a second glass is recommended to be prepared incase of vomiting, the 2nd can be consumed straight after…

When I ctb, I'm using cannabis as my ae (I'm a full time smoker) mirtazipine for a sedative, fasting 18 hours (I fast 20hours normally) and then hidden away for Atleast 12 hours. I think even if I vomit, a 35g dose of sn will end my journey. if I have discomfort as long as I'm not found I'm willing to go through it