-FrozenRobot-

-FrozenRobot-

Let me go...please
Jul 27, 2021
I am a person who has survived partial at the age of 17. Now I am 20 and have been dormant for a while, not showing any signs of wanting to CTB. But now, my time has come. I've lost a lot of good friends here. RIP, brothers and sisters- Here I come to join you.

I am kinda heavy- 215 lbs... work in progress to drop down to a more reasonable weight that's bearable by the rope.

1. Is there any particular rope/ material that's more appreciable in terms of success? Rope, Scarf, neck tie...anything that's 100% sure of not giving up?
2. How long would it take to lose consciousness ? when I did partial I felt no discomfort. It was like drifting off into the most peaceful sleep of my life for the last time....only to wake up in the hospital 4 hours later. I'm kinda curious about the pain factor and time taken to attain the unconscious state.
Can someone give me the resource for those questions? I'd be really happy
thanks

iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
Well for the rope you would need probably a 10mm rope the scarf and neck tie would probably tear , for losing consciousness it will depend if it's a long drop maybe youll break your neck and the passing out will be instant , if it's short it would either be like partial or if you are unlucky and the rope is placed really wrong it can take about 3 minutes, wish you luck , can you tell me about your attempt with partial and how long after we're you found , did you get any brain damage ? I'm still thinking of wether to choose partial or full so you would really help !!

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
10-12mm thick rope, tensile strenght needs to be atleast double your weight, can be made from anything as long as it doesn't stretch too much.
Consciousness can be lost anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds, it really depends.
Because people have different "sweetspots", for some it's above adam's apple, for some below. (and it doesn't always hit the sweetspot perfectly, so you may hold consciousness longer)

progeria

progeria

Jul 18, 2021
did you have any brain damage after the first time?

mushroommamma

mushroommamma

Oct 4, 2023
My go to is usually boat rope. I find it easy to find. The biggest thing you have to remember isn't so much the weight of you, but the flailing around that proceeds to follow when your body begins to cunvulse. That's where you have to make sure it's strong enough and that you won't be interrupted. If someone finds you during this period and interrupts, enough oxygen starvation to the brain could be enough to leave you potatoe like.

-FrozenRobot-

-FrozenRobot-

Let me go...please
Jul 27, 2021
Well for the rope you would need probably a 10mm rope the scarf and neck tie would probably tear , for losing consciousness it will depend if it's a long drop maybe youll break your neck and the passing out will be instant , if it's short it would either be like partial or if you are unlucky and the rope is placed really wrong it can take about 3 minutes, wish you luck , can you tell me about your attempt with partial and how long after we're you found , did you get any brain damage ? I'm still thinking of wether to choose partial or full so you would really help !!
No. I didn't suffer any permanant damage. I'm perfectly fine. But the ligature mark can be a bitch for 4 or 5 days.
I was found within 40 minutes and taken to the hospital. I have these streaks of opening my eyes and seeing people before passing out again. Also, when being taken to my room in a wheel chair, my head wasn't in control. Idk if it was due to me being unconscious or due to the damage I took earlier.
No serious problems. They took a few tests, x rays and stuff to check if any internal damage was there. I attempted at around 10 pm or something. I was at home by 10 am. But the nurse was a real bitch to me- saying I tried to CTB because I was scared to go back to school. That was the time where schools started to function after lockdown.

Reactions: iamsofkntired