• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

boyinterrupted

boyinterrupted

-
Jan 10, 2024
Is it possible to ctb, quite literally by doorknob hanging? as in tying the material to the door, slipping my head through the slipknot, or simply tightening it until my blood flow gets cut off? I'm pretty much broke so I can't afford any other means except overdosing, which makes me anxious, i guess. wish there was a less painful method but hanging is the best it gets for me when it comes to lethality.
a few more questions if the prior one wasn't too much of a bother:
- How traumatizing will it be to find my body, will my head fill up with fluid? I ask because I have dorm roommates
- How long will it take without suspension, only weight+pressure

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Have you read about partial hanging or the tourniquet method?

boyinterrupted

boyinterrupted

-
Jan 10, 2024
Have you read about partial hanging or the tourniquet method?
Yes for the first, but no for the latter. As for partial hanging, my issue is finding a sturdy place to hang from.

amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
Could work but you'd need to find your carotid sweet spot or else SI will be too much to overcome. Part of why full suspension works is because you get rid of your only off-ramp and then you have to commit whether you regret it or not. Doorknob hanging without partial will just be inducing that feeling but with an immediately accessible exit and you'll never get anywhere.

Reactions: boyinterrupted
boyinterrupted

boyinterrupted

-
Jan 10, 2024
Your head may go a bit purple but it won't fill up with fluid because you'll be compressing the jugulars and the carotid arteries, blood doesn't go in or out. Yes you can achieve via the doorknob providing you can hit the sweet spot with enough force. Full suspension may increase your chances but it isn't foolproof.
Don't OD as it rarely does more than get you a hospital admittance followed by brainwashing at a psych ward....fun fun fun 🎉🤡😺🤸
If done right you pass out in under 20s and need to be left uninterrupted for 20-30mins.

I can tell you now though that you'll need to practice for this a few times or else you'll just compress the jugulars and get an exploding head feeling which is where I'm at. When you know you can bring yourself almost to the point of passing out this is perhaps when you try for real and maybe leave a note warning your flatmates that you're dead and to call an ambulance.
Perfect, thank you. I was apprehensive about the overdosing issue for the reason you mentioned, but thought it may help overcome SI before hanging?
I'm stuck in the same spot. Exploding feeling, barely bruising of the neck but nothing more, yaaay.
Could work but you'd need to find your carotid sweet spot or else SI will be too much to overcome. Part of why full suspension works is because you get rid of your only off-ramp and then you have to commit whether you regret it or not. Doorknob hanging without partial will just be inducing that feeling but with an immediately accessible exit and you'll never get anywhere.
You give a valid point. Definitely need to consider a way to incorporate suspension to prevent any chances of cowarding out.
You give a valid point. Definitely need to consider a way to incorporate suspension to prevent any chances of cowarding out.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Is it possible to ctb, quite literally by doorknob hanging? as in tying the material to the door, slipping my head through the slipknot, or simply tightening it until my blood flow gets cut off? I'm pretty much broke so I can't afford any other means except overdosing, which makes me anxious, i guess. wish there was a less painful method but hanging is the best it gets for me when it comes to lethality.
a few more questions if the prior one wasn't too much of a bother:
- How traumatizing will it be to find my body, will my head fill up with fluid? I ask because I have dorm roommates
- How long will it take without suspension, only weight+pressure
A door Knob would be sufficient for partial granted you have checked it's sturdiness.

I believe full suspension hanging is more traumatizing. You can put a pillowcase over your head if you want (they might still take it off of you in their shocked state) but chances are they will still be traumatized to a certain degree anyway.

If you have roommates you need to make sure you have atleast 30 minutes of uninterrupted alone time, early interruption could lead to ending up brain dead.
Take a look at the last few pages of the hanging megathread.

Reactions: boyinterrupted