• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I just realized this and wondered what category eggs should really be placed in maybe they should just have their own category since they aren't quite a meat

what are your thoughts on this ?

and for those not in the US where do you find your eggs in the grocery store ?

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty and 4am
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
to keep them cold and prevent rotting probably

Reactions: HereTomorrow and psp3000
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's for refrigeration and convenience. Eggs are often used with dairy products or for breakfast.

Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
to keep them cold and prevent rotting probably

It's for refrigeration and convenience. Eggs are often used with dairy products or for breakfast.
I assumed it was for refrigeration and convinemece but I do still find it a bit odd that all eggs don't just get their own refrigerator section (regular chicken eggs or different colors along with other egg products such as eggs already scrambled in a pint or quart)

also now that I think about it more it makes sense as to why some people who are allergic to dairy also sometimes confuse eggs with dairy

which leads me to my next question that I have wondered about for eons (since my middle school years)

why aren't humans considered scavengers (because of the process of going to the store to get meat that isn't exactly fresh nor decomposing rapidly)

I can understand why we aren't considered that but it's still interesting to think about but also I feel like it's maybe a stupid question or thing to think about

edit: used the wrong word I forgot the word decomposers (the word I meant to use instead of scavengers)

edit 2: just checked and yeah scavengers was the word I was thinking of (for example: the thing that vultures to do dead things in the side of the road)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
The reason is that in the U.S. eggs, by the federal government must be washed before selling. Eggs have a natural coating on them where microbos can not get into the egg and spoil it.

That is why in most countries one finds eggs sitting out and, in the U.S., they are refrigerated, or they would spoil.

I grew up on a dairy farm and we had a lot of free-range chickens.

Walter

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, DarkRange55, 4am and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Milk and eggs, milk and eggs.
Kept together to save your legs.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
The reason is that in the U.S. eggs, by the federal government must be washed before selling. Eggs have a natural coating on them where microbos can not get into the egg and spoil it.

That is why in most countries one finds eggs sitting out and, in the U.S., they are refrigerated, or they would spoil.

Walter
thank you for sharing this I never knew about this or heard about this before and I just looked at some images of some eggs with heavy blooms/coatings

very fascinating thank you Walter !

(going to do a lot of reading about this now probably and look at more images)

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

Walter
Also lived/worked on farms and can confirm this is correct
Thank you, Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Milk and eggs, milk and eggs.
Kept together to save your legs.
this is another good explanation since milk, eggs, and bread are the classics on a shopping list

luckily now if you have more items some stores mobile apps will sort your mobile shopping list within the app by aisle/distance from the entrance

and searching for products within the app will also show you what's trending on other people shopping lists

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
this is another good explanation since milk, eggs, and bread are the classics on a shopping list

luckily now if you have more items some stores mobile apps will sort your mobile shopping list within the app by aisle/distance from the entrance

and searching for products within the app will also show you what's trending on other people shopping lists
I'm still waiting for the smartfridge to automatically detect I'm low on stuff and just automatically order it and have Amazon drones deliver it.

• Yay!
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I'm still waiting for the smartfridge to automatically detect I'm low on stuff and just automatically order it and have Amazon drones deliver it.
I wonder how that would work do you think they would have to add scales or a barcode scanner with each fridge ?

I feel like a barcode scanner would be the better option

scan all the items you bought at the store that you regularly consume and then the fridge can keep track of how often you consume those items to the point where it can predict you will need to buy them again soon and they should also have the ability to connect to any shopping apps you use so then you can get notified of any sales for those items wether it's a item you always buy or something you get every once in a while

or maybe you could just scan the receipt which would be faster !

this also made me have a flashback to when Amazon had buttons for items (you could get a button for like specific items and push it to automatically make an order)