• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

mcis5942

Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone, need advice for the nitrogen purity. i posted this in one of the thread but worry it might not reach out, apologies for double posting.

I came across an industrial tank, when ask about the purity the supplier provided the following details

Gas: Compressed Nitrogen (GN₂)
Purity: ≥99.995%
Impurities (O2): ≤ 50.00ppm
Moisture (DEW POINT): ≤ 20.53ppm (≤ -55°C)

Gas: Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)
Purity: ≥99.998%
Impurities (O2): ≤ 10.00ppm
Moisture (DEW POINT): ≤ 5.30ppm (≤ -65°C)

Gas: Purified Nitrogen (PN2)
Purity: ≥99.998%
Impurities (O2): ≤ 3.00ppm
Moisture (DEW POINT): ≤ 2.58ppm (≤ -70°C)

Gas: High Purity Compressed Nitrogen (HPN₂)
Purity: ≥99.999%
Impurities (O2): ≤ 1.00ppm
Impurities (CO): ≤ 1.00ppm
Impurities (CO2): ≤ 1.00ppm
Impurities (H2): ≤ 1.00ppm
Moisture (DEW POINT): ≤ 2.58ppm (≤ -70°C)

The supplier then mentioned their tank as the PN2. Does this work for the exitbag method? Thank you in advance.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Yeah it works, that's a very high purity.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Can't be any better, make sure your connectors and valves are the right type and are connected properly, so that no leakage occurs.
In fact, you have probably the highest possblie purity.
I am lucky to have only 97% available

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
There isn't any reason to get any purity under 2.8 (99.8%), that's basically the minium you see in any gas shop.
A 2.8 cylinder was used by @LetzteAusfahrt to assist suicide.

Reactions: thewalkingdread
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
What do you think would be the lowest purity you could get away with ctbing with?
Greenberg says 99.0% is perfectly acceptable and totally effective to CTB with--See his posts on the Inert Gas Mega Thread--For Example, here is Greenberg's post last year on page 63 of the Inert Gas Mega Thread: 'Standard gaseous Nitrogen is industrial-grade Nitrogen that has a purity of 99%--Industrial grade is readily available and will suffice'

Last edited:
Reactions: thewalkingdread and SadRiceBall26
SadRiceBall26

SadRiceBall26

Rice
Mar 20, 2023
Greenberg says 99.0% is perfectly acceptable and totally effective to CTB with--See his posts on the Inert Gas Mega Thread--For Example, here is Greenberg's post last year on page 63 of the Inert Gas Mega Thread: 'Standard gaseous Nitrogen is industrial-grade Nitrogen that has a purity of 99%--Industrial grade is readily available and will suffice'
Thanks! very helpful :)

Reactions: outrider567
M

mcis5942

Jul 1, 2023
Thank you everyone for the insights, very helpful

Blahhh

Blahhh

Dec 13, 2022
My supplier don't even mention what the purity is. Hopefully it's okay. Argon that is. Welders use it, so it has to be okay, right?? I sure do hope it's pure

M

mcis5942

Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone, the n2 supplier above provides a package with the oxygen regulator, they suggested to use this regulator because it has the same valve and thread size and their nitrogen regulator is out of stock.

I'm not quite sure is it alright to use oxygen regulator to a nitrogen cylinder for the method, i've seem threads with info of using argon flowmeter but not the oxygen regulator. Should I just get a proper nitrogen regulator in this case?

Also I just realised it's only a 10L cylinder (150bar working pressure), this is way too low for ctb right? I'm so dumb.. will have to source for at least 1000L i assume...

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Dont know about the regulator, but they usually say a 10L or 20L is the right size, because the gas is compressed.

M

mcis5942

Jul 1, 2023
but they usually say a 10L or 20L is the right size, because the gas is compressed.
Thank you @ThisUnrest… it was my mistake

The supplier's n2 cylinder is 10L (working pressure 150 bar, testing pressure 250 bar), so I searched other threads for the gas volume calculation:

10L x 150 bar = 1500 liter of gas
1500 liter / 15 lpm = 100 minutes of gas

Is this way of calculation correct? Please, thank you very much for your advice

Epikur

Epikur

Oct 6, 2023
Thank you @ThisUnrest… it was my mistake

The supplier's n2 cylinder is 10L (working pressure 150 bar, testing pressure 250 bar), so I searched other threads for the gas volume calculation:

10L x 150 bar = 1500 liter of gas
1500 liter / 15 lpm = 100 minutes of gas

Is this way of calculation correct? Please, thank you very much for your advice
it´s correct. There are some slight deviations depending on the type of gas and on the temperature, but as a rule of thumb it fits perfectly well.

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I'm sourcing N2 gas tanks for some weeks now and this question about purity is Very relevant.

Getting a gas tank from a gas supplier is somewhat annoying. Their websites are intimidating and you get the feeling they won't sell It to you just because you're not an "industrial" client. They usually put fancy distinctions between their different N2 product lines and It can be quite confusing sorting things out.

I hope i will finally be able to get my tank this week, from a "reseller"... It's an auto-shop. The owner couldn't help me with the technicalities and I had to call the supplier to know more about the options avaiable....

I just wish things were more simple. I will have to make a contract and rent It for até least a year.💩 But, still, i am confident i am going to get the damn tank.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Getting a gas tank from a gas supplier is somewhat annoying. Their websites are intimidating and you get the feeling they won't sell It to you just because you're not an "industrial" client. They usually put fancy distinctions between their different N2 product lines and It can be quite confusing sorting things out.

Understandable.

I've had the same issue, but you just need to get through that and also filter out the nonsense you may read on the websites of some suppliers.

I hope i will finally be able to get my tank this week, from a "reseller"... It's an auto-shop. The owner couldn't help me with the technicalities and I had to call the supplier to know more about the options avaiable....

There should be multiple stores, both physical and online, where you can source a gas cylinder in your country.
When I first sourced mine, I just used a source that was recommended by many others here.
The order went fine and was processed with no questions asked.

Only later I found out that I could have gotten a cylinder twice the volume for the same price, albeit a lower purity ( 2.8 probably? ) but it would still do the job.

So if you have the patience, you can try looking for more sources that can deliver.

I just wish things were more simple. I will have to make a contract and rent It for até least a year.💩 But, still, i am confident i am going to get the damn tank.

NOTE: What you're talking about here is a rental cylinder. It should be possible to just outright purchase a cylinder without renting it.
(Though I don't know what region you are in.)

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
NOTE: What you're talking about here is a rental cylinder. It should be possible to just outright purchase a cylinder without renting it.
(Though I don't know what region you are in.)
They only rent It where i am.... When i ask If i could buy the cylinder, they say it's not with It... And that no one ever even asks to buy it.

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Oct 30, 2023
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023

It should be possible to purchase a cylinder in the EU.

There are two sources that I know of, but I don't know whether they can ship to your country.

One is the known GD source which is quite good, but shipping costs can be really expensive.

Another one is the big online retailer, name starts with A.
I did not order my gas cylinder there, but at least one member on the forums did and they confirmed it was ok.

If you need more information, you'll need to PM me, as I can't mention the sources here publicly because of forum rules.