Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I recently saw a Goth person in fiction. Oddly enough, it was a comedy. But the Goth person was talking about suicide. Making it out like it's a common trait for a Goth person to be preoccupied with suicide. Can you Goth/Emo people, past and present, say if that's really a common thing it the lifestyle?

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I recently saw a Goth person in fiction. Oddly enough, it was a comedy. But the Goth person was talking about suicide. Making it out like it's a common trait for a Goth person to be preoccupied with suicide. Can you Goth/Emo people, past and present, say if that's really a common thing it the lifestyle?

Arent these subcultures nearly dead anyway?

Reactions: Laststop
F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
While it's prob a little over the top in movies and such it does fit with their philosophy

Reactions: Laststop and Baskol1
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Arent these subcultures nearly dead anyway?
I thought the same thing. But the source I saw this from is older. Late 90s, or early 2000s. Maybe they still exist somewhere? Like NYC. Maybe they never changed, and the fad came and went, but it never made a difference to them? I remember seeing some of them in the early 2000s. The city I live in gets very hot in the summer, and a small group of them walked past me when I first moved here. I wondered how they could stand wearing all those layers of black clothing? They didn't last here long, and I haven't seen one in a long time.

Reactions: Baskol1
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
They don't have to wear the clothes to think suicide is edgy and be preoccupied with all things morbid. I don't get it personally it's about a million miles away from where I am