Would you prostitute yourself for money?

• Yes

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
We do not want to lock this thread. But as it stands, it's not helping the OP.

Please, be civilized to one another while debating your ideas.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021

Being addicted to heroin is bad enough, but OP is very unlikely to be helped by becoming a sex slave to some pimp. It doesn't happen in all cases, but is common enough that OP should avoid it like the plague. Don't know the statistics, but quite a few prostitutes end up feeling terrible about themselves, even without a pimp. Imo, this would lead to very unfavorable outcomes for OP.

• Love
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
To be 100% fair to @charlottewilts she basically is maintaining a habit that helps her cope with her life and situation. It seems more like she is looking to make extra money, rather than it be her only source of income.

There has been a tremendous amount of violence against women lately, and I don't want a member to be a victim. I was hoping my posts would be a positive, but it looks like they may have contributed to this thread going far off track.

To @charlottewilts and anyone else I may have offended - my sincere apologies.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts and Midgardsorm
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
All statements were aiming for the good being of the OP. In the end, only her will know what is the best for her.

It worth to note that I think all comments weren't actually debating the profession, of course, rather the why and how she is intending to do it.
We all know the risks involved. OP especially.

Heroin is a horrible addiction and wouldn't be so if weren't hard or nearly impossible to stop using it. It's one of the most addictive drugs in the world.

Income easily runs out. I'm also addicted to a drug and I already burned a lot money because of it.

I pray for your safety, @charlottewilts .

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts and summers
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
Is the pimp diverse?

Diverse? What do you mean...? Sorry, I'm ESL...

I'm addicted to fentanyl pressed pills but haven't been to the point I've needed to sleep with someone however sometimes I've wanted it so bad (drugs) that I wouldn't put it past me. All I'd say is be as careful as you can be. Pimps know how desperate one can get and use it against you I wouldn't want to see a fellow addict trapped in a bad situation. Could you not do it on your own without a pimp?

I'm truly very sorry to hear you are also dealing with opioid addiction. I have known and trust this man like a brother (he also happens to be my dealer/FWB) and he's my only RL friend so he's the only one who could look after me basically. I would be scared to go without him, and he said he'd always have a gun.

You don't need to lock it, it's okay. I'm just very sorry people have been fighting. I'm sorry to have caused discord... But I do appreciate all replies and answers on the poll, so thank you. ❤️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Of The Universe and Midgardsorm
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
and trust this man like a brother (he also happens to be my FWB)
Emotion Reaction GIF

• Yay!
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I'm a woman and I honestly don't know if I would or not. Just know there's at least one (but definitely not just one) person on this forum who wants you be safe and healthy and treated well if you decide to do sex work.

• Love
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
The fact is, @threesummers, everyone already knows about the adverse effects of opiates, and the reason I don't lecture people with "warnings" about opiates is because they're not children and they already know - especially if they're active users, they know the risks and adverse effects better than anyone else! They're grown adults.

And no, I don't imagine I'll become a "counselor" who "leads" people anywhere, because unlike you, I don't imagine I'm a parent-figure or savior to anyone here.

Ok. Since you're too invested in misinformation to just look it up, I'll explain the basics. I mean I doubt it will reach through.
But, for any of our more reality-based readers here:
In The Realm Of The Hungry Ghosts is a collection of case studies and first-hand reports from opiate users in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside in the midst of the overdose epidemic. Dr. Mat'e writes about client's struggles with abuse, poverty, racism and other traumas that lie at the root of their drug dependencies.
(By definition, the physical harms stemming from opiates are symptoms, not root causes, that's literally what that means! Hello, this is obvious!)
He also looks at people's survival-need for drug decriminalization, harm reduction strategies like supervised injection sites / clean needle distros, as well as methadone maintenance such as that offered at the free clinic he himself works at.

PS - Sex workers don't sell their bodies, they sell their labor.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
He also looks at people's survival-need for drug decriminalization, harm reduction strategies like supervised injection sites / clean needle distros, as well as methadone maintenance such as that offered at the free clinic he himself works at.
I agree with all of that. I just don't understand how you can say the physical effects of opioid dependence (or alcohol for that matter) are not a problem in and of themselves, and that they can be the cause of continued addiction. That's basically the point I was trying to make.

Simple example - someone becomes dependent on opioids due to an injury. The injury heals, but now the person is addicted due to physical dependence. So at this point in the person's life, the dependence/addiction is a real, core problem, not something compounded from another issue.

I agreed with you 100% that addiction stems from some other issue. So I'm confused as to the point you're trying to make.

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Not a woman, but have a vagina.

I prostituted myself on CraigsList for years to be able to afford both rent and food on welfare. Being on disability is marginally less shitty so I've been retired for about 5 years. I worked independently, never had a pimp, I would not want to work "for" someone like that.

• Love
Reactions: Of The Universe and charlottewilts
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Not a woman, but have a vagina.

I prostituted myself on CraigsList for years to be able to afford both rent and food on welfare. Being on disability is marginally less shitty so I've been retired for about 5 years. I worked independently, never had a pimp, I would not want to work "for" someone like that.
Quite honestly, a pimp is no different than any other middleman - they are usually not needed. I don't know what the standard cut is, but let's say it's 50% - you literally have to do twice as much work for the same amount of money.

Also, just had a friend get arrested in a twitter sting. Because cops have nothing better to do in a city of 2 million people. I wish people didn't have to do this kind of work, but I in no way think it should be illegal.

Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
All the replies were taken into consideration by the OP as she already thanked all the answers.

Clearly there are different opinions here and it's okay but the discussion is going on forever and always raising some words and statements that are not cool and bound to start an unhealthy argument.

@charlottewilts I'm sorry for not honoring your wish to keep the thread open but I think it's for the best to have it closed now.

Thanks everyone.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.