• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

Evan Foster

Jul 16, 2018
I'm planning on using a 9mm pistol, but I'm not sure where exactly in the head I should aim. I might be overthinking it, but I'm kind of afraid of regaining consciousness in terrible pain and having to shoot myself again, or even worse of inflicting massive brain damage on myself and surviving, and having to live with it.

Does anyone have any advice?

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
human-brain1.jpg

Reactions: strained03, Tomasnil and Revan
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
This one is better
CNS2-660x438.jpg

Did you check lostallhope?

Reactions: Ashpac, Tiburcio, Tomasnil and 1 other person
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
You could blow your entire face off with a large enough gun and not the right aim.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
A big one is hesitation wound. Even if you've resolved to pull that trigger, the survival instinct is still there. Even as you pull that trigger, the body is fighting you, trying to save itself. The end result is that you discharge the firearm, but the gun is in the process of moving to a less-than-optimal aim. Lots of hesitation wounds are not fatal, but are extremely disfiguring and will cause lasting misery. It's for this reason that I would never consider firearms, and even if I did, it would be a 12 gauge with .00 buckshot.

Reactions: lv-gras, Lotharius and Ambivalent
E

Evan Foster

Jul 16, 2018
A big one is hesitation wound. Even if you've resolved to pull that trigger, the survival instinct is still there. Even as you pull that trigger, the body is fighting you, trying to save itself. The end result is that you discharge the firearm, but the gun is in the process of moving to a less-than-optimal aim. Lots of hesitation wounds are not fatal, but are extremely disfiguring and will cause lasting misery. It's for this reason that I would never consider firearms, and even if I did, it would be a 12 gauge with .00 buckshot.

What would you recommend, if not a firearm?

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
What would you recommend, if not a firearm?

The two most talked about methods on here are nembutal, which is a substance that kills you guaranteed and peacefully, and inert gas asphyxiation, which does the same. These methods are discussed in "The Peaceful Pill eHandbook", which is an authoritative text on suicide by an organization which focuses on helping the terminally ill and elderly to end their lives.

If aimed correctly, like in Luke's diagrams, there's zero real chance that you'll survive, or at least ever be conscious again. But as chronicpainnomore points out, things are always more difficult in practice than in theory. A firearm suicide can get botched due to hesitation/fear. With the generic "pill overdose", which is very often a "cry for help" rather than a genuinely committed attempt, there's plenty of uncertainty. So it's emotionally/mentally easier to attempt. With a gun in your hand, you know that no matter what happens, your life will be changed forever the second you pull the trigger.

Reactions: Smilla, lv-gras and Samuel
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I'm planning on using a 9mm pistol, but I'm not sure where exactly in the head I should aim. I might be overthinking it, but I'm kind of afraid of regaining consciousness in terrible pain and having to shoot myself again, or even worse of inflicting massive brain damage on myself and surviving, and having to live with it.

Does anyone have any advice?

I would be nervous using most 9mn handun. It should work but it's not absolute guaranteed like a 45.

Reactions: Strumgewehr, Smilla and lv-gras
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
If there is no hesitation how does one accommodate recoil? Don't have much experience with guns but it's a method I am considering since it is fairly effective

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
If there is no hesitation how does one accommodate recoil? Don't have much experience with guns but it's a method I am considering since it is fairly effective
The bullet will have already left the barrel before the gun would have even began to move from the recoil.

Reactions: Dead_Inside