• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

Joerg.buechner86

Aug 9, 2020
Hi there,

I have informed myself about the Exit Bag (Helium) but there is one thing I dont understand:
It is said that the flow rate should be about 15 litres per minute. An average human inhals about 8 Litres of air per minute.
So, wouldnt 15 litres per minute be too much, and the bag would inflate "too much" to the point it would "explode".
Could anyone provide some help?

Reactions: kinzokukae and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Any disparity in flow and volume will be compensated by leakage in the bottom gaps of the bag.

Reactions: kinzokukae and WearyOfStruggling
J

Joerg.buechner86

Aug 9, 2020
Thanks for your reply. But how can the excessive gas escape when the opening of the bag is tied to the neck?

Reactions: kinzokukae and endergames
endergames

endergames

Aug 6, 2020
As you tighten the bottom of the bag around your neck, insure there's a finger to two finger gap around your neck so that gases can escape. You may wish to consider switching over to nitrogen as most helium aren't pure.

• Hugs
Reactions: sunburst, kinzokukae and Greenberg
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
As you tighten the bottom of the bag around your neck, insure there's a finger to two finger gap around your neck so that gases can escape. You may wish to consider switching over to nitrogen as most helium aren't pure.
This. From what I've learned in my investigations a lot of helium suppliers say 100% helium (or 99.9% or whatever) but it's 80% or less, the rest being air - specifically so you can't use it.

Nitrogen is used for welding and has to be pure to make sure the welds don't oxidise.

Reactions: Greenberg
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It isn't "tied" to your neck. It should be secured with elastic for precisely the reason you mentioned.

Reactions: Greenberg
J

Joerg.buechner86

Aug 9, 2020
This. From what I've learned in my investigations a lot of helium suppliers say 100% helium (or 99.9% or whatever) but it's 80% or less, the rest being air - specifically so you can't use it.

Nitrogen is used for welding and has to be pure to make sure the welds don't oxidise.
I have a 10 litre 4.6 helium tank (99.99% pure helium) with 200 bar of pressure, so it would last 133 minutes with a flow rate of 15 liters per minute. I am pretty sure it could work. On the other hand I dont wanna end as a vegetable if something goes wrong, so I would like to simultaneously have a second "backup" method like hanging to ensure everything goes well. Do you have any ideas what else could be used as a simultaneous strategy?

Reactions: kinzokukae
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
No idea for a 2nd strategy, I mean you need to make sure the bag is on and doesn't come off which discounts a lot of possibilities, and once you turn on the gas you'd be out in like 20 seconds so not a lot of time to do anything really.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the helium suppliers for party balloons etc say its 99% but is isn't - normal air makes up 20% so all it does is give you a bad headache if that's the case. I suppose it depends where you got it from.

Reactions: kinzokukae