A

Alejandro17

Apr 25, 2020
How evil the world is becoming. Anyone "awake" here. Anyone kind and principled who would like to live on a farm, maybe off grid and leave this bullshit behind?
How evil the world is becoming. Anyone "awake" here. Anyone kind and principled who would like to live on a farm, maybe off grid and leave this bullshit behind?
Im actually female btw.

B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
I don't think the quarantine is ill intended. It's just the only way to control this... not that it matters anymore. We are all gonna die.

But yes, I would love to be off the grid right now. I told my mom back in January we should leave. She has worked with many isolated communities doing charity, perhaps small farming communities or native peoples. I told her if we could go with them. She refused, no less cause my grandparents still live and she wants them to be close to hospitals.

I won't abandon her. She worked relentlessly after my birth, I was born after 6 months rather than 9, and with 900 grams, at the brink of death, and it took years of countless doctor's work to save me. She did that for me, last I could do now is... being with her, on her stubborness of staying in this city, until it becomes engulfed in darkness from the blackouts, the water runs out, we have no gas, and we starve as food vanishes and riots fill the streets.

I don't say I would survive out there but... at least I wish I could see more green, and find some peace, in my last weeks or months of life, rather than still being here. But I won't abandon her. So I will stay. I am sure there is only a few weeks left for us before this existence becomes a living hell. Before she gets infected and dies, or perhaps her body simply gives up. It's a shame... she did so much, so much good for so many people. She was gonna retire this year, y'know? to have more free time for charity. Such a shame.

Yeah, I wish I lived on a farm now.

Reactions: autumnal and terry_a_davis
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Living of the grid off of nature is my dream life it must be so satisfying but my physical and mental health don´t allow me to do that also there are too many people in the world and humans has destroyed nearly all natural areas the only way to live that life would move to another region of the world like in a jungle but I like the climate and look of the north but there are no nature here where I could go live that kind of life mainly because the whole world is owned by governments.

You can´t just leave society and the government I will still be affected by the laws I can´t just take a bow, rifle, shotgun on my back and start walking because then someone will report me, the police will show up and shoot me if I resist them stealing my property (guns) and kidnap me i.e. throw me in jail (yes that is kidnapping)

And also I don´t know how to live off the land or build a home, what plants to eat, how to find fresh water you know all the essential skills of survival has been lost in this modern age such knowledge used to be passed down from generation to generation but now we live in an expert society where specializes themselves and becomes experts in one job where back in the day we used to have knowledge of everything in order to survive actually Kurzgesagt have made a video talking about that part.

B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
Living of the grid off of nature is my dream life it must be so satisfying but my physical and mental health don´t allow me to do that also there are too many people in the world and humans has destroyed nearly all natural areas the only way to live that life would move to another region of the world like in a jungle but I like the climate and look of the north but there are no nature here where I could go live that kind of life mainly because the whole world is owned by governments.

You can´t just leave society and the government I will still be affected by the laws I can´t just take a bow, rifle, shotgun on my back and start walking because then someone will report me, the police will show up and shoot me if I resist them stealing my property (guns) and kidnap me i.e. throw me in jail (yes that is kidnapping)

And also I don´t know how to live off the land or build a home, what plants to eat, how to find fresh water you know all the essential skills of survival has been lost in this modern age such knowledge used to be passed down from generation to generation but now we live in an expert society where specializes themselves and becomes experts in one job where back in the day we used to have knowledge of everything in order to survive actually Kurzgesagt have made a video talking about that part.

Yeah, I know, I don't know how to do any of those things either. I don't expect to be able to survive alone out there, rather I was hoping to go to some isolated community somewhere I could be with other caring people that would help me. I would serve, with my dumb labor for them to teach me how to perform my tasks, and that would be it. As I said, my mom has been in contact with endless native communities, and isolated communities, she has done a lot for them, so they would receive us with open arms. Now I don't know. Partly they wouldn't want us there in fear we may bring the disease with us, and even then we will never get there, we can't travel that far anymore. It's over.

I just hope my mom's will to live breaks down sooner rather than later. I mean we ARE gonna die soon, I just don't want to have to wait until it is external causes that take our life and have to endure it.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I know, I don't know how to do any of those things either. I don't expect to be able to survive alone out there, rather I was hoping to go to some isolated community somewhere I could be with other caring people that would help me. I would serve, with my dumb labor for them to teach me how to perform my tasks, and that would be it. As I said, my mom has been in contact with endless native communities, and isolated communities, she has done a lot for them, so they would receive us with open arms. Now I don't know. Partly they wouldn't want us there in fear we may bring the disease with us, and even then we will never get there, we can't travel that far anymore. It's over.

I just hope my mom's will to live breaks down sooner rather than later. I mean we ARE gonna die soon, I just don't want to have to wait until it is external causes that take our life and have to endure it.
Not a bad idea to live with native communities especially if you speak their language but still I feel I have been to immersed into this way of living in modern life that I would never be able to break free from that despite how much I love being out in nature.

B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
Not a bad idea to live with native communities especially if you speak their language but still I feel I have been to immersed into this way of living in modern life that I would never be able to break free from that despite how much I love being out in nature.

Oh I totally understand, it would be difficult to leave this life. But hey, you still will have to!. Electricty will become something of the past. With it, there will be no more water or gas on the cities. Shops will be empty, and with violence taking over the streets, you are gonna have to forget all your modern consumerism desires aswell, but now trapped inside your house.

So I think leaving to leave with those people is the best of both scenarios. You are gonna die, we all will! but at least in community and with people who will teach you so much about nature and how we could have lived a better life, should we have never reproduced so much... become so unnaturally many. Maltheus was right after all... how sad.

A

AcornUnderground

Mage
Feb 28, 2020
My father had a book called 5 Acres and Freedom. It was about self sustained living.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Oh I totally understand, it would be difficult to leave this life. But hey, you still will have to!. Electricty will become something of the past. With it, there will be no more water or gas on the cities. Shops will be empty, and with violence taking over the streets, you are gonna have to forget all your modern consumerism desires aswell, but now trapped inside your house.

So I think leaving to leave with those people is the best of both scenarios. You are gonna die, we all will! but at least in community and with people who will teach you so much about nature and how we could have lived a better life, should we have never reproduced so much... become so unnaturally many. Maltheus was right after all... how sad.
It is physically impossible for me to do because of all my physical and mental problems plus I am allergic to almost all things and also suffer from apathy and anhedonia so I experience no emotions or desires my existence is blank and boring.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
It maybe could work for me to live in a community of kind people but only without internet or television.

pine3s

pine3s

Jan 27, 2020
You are correct, the quarantine and all other measures are not intended to help citizens, they are being used to erect police states around the world, spy on people, rob them of their rights and ultimately control every aspect of their lives. This isn't new, this has been happening for decades. But it seems those in power either became impatient or figured that it's more effective to overwhelm everybody at the same time than to continue slow walking it.

I don't want anyone to just believe me, do your own research. About the power structure on this planet and the virus. More and more people start to get it, after calling everyone else conspiracy theorists for ages. It's a bit unfair, as they have to get up to speed on many topics in a short amount of time, which will inevitably lead to frustration, anger and possibly depression. It's so blatantly in the open now that you have to actively look away to not get it. On the positive side, more and more people "wake up" and break the programming.

I don't have a crystal ball and I can't predict the future, but I think things will start getting messy around the world within three months from now. There's only so much you can take from people in such a short amount of time until they won't put up with it anymore. I assume they are provoking the people deliberately, so the population becomes the aggressor. They'll counter-punch much heavier, but will do so "in self defense". Historically speaking, governments don't ever give back things they took away from you. This won't magically end and it's sunshine and rainbows again.

I'm afraid living off-grid is no realistic option anymore. I'd do it in an instant, but unless you find a hidden place deep inside a jungle I can't see a way to get away from the system.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Oyoy and InTheAirTonight
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
I've fantasized about escaping society like Christopher McCandless, there's a film based on his life 'Into the wild' which shows beautifully the positives and negatives of this lifestyle.
I would also cease the opportunity if i could find a group living off grid. But nothing lasts in this world. Too nihilistic to exist now.

• Hugs
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
A life in the wilderness .. Off the grid would be a dream come true for me .. But in a place like Mumbai where I live, its just not possible .. But I really would love to ..

• Love
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm woke. Have been for about 25 years. Life was easier when I didn't know/believe so much.

melancholy_lily

melancholy_lily

May 21, 2020
We now know the virus can be deadly but it is not a death sentence for most. Meanwhile millions are in danger of losing everything because of the drastic shutdown and other government failures. I don't see good things coming and I want out.