• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

yahooey

yahooey

Dec 5, 2023
Alright so I told my therapist today about me trying to buy SN online, and surprise surprise I almost got sent to the psych ward. Since I have intent, but no means, I wasn't involuntarily hospitalized, but I still have to check in with a crisis team tomorrow, and possibly have to go to the hospital. I've heard waaaaaaay to many horror stories about people's experiences in the psych ward, so I wanted to hear your guys opinion on what you think about it. I've never been hospitalized before, so I'm thinking just to go with it and if it doesn't help, CTB, I'm just too scared about being abused, mistreated, etc.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
What kind of help are you looking for? Or imagining it could provide you?

yahooey

yahooey

Dec 5, 2023
What kind of help are you looking for? Or imagining it could provide you?
I don't know, I just wanna feel ok. Being hospitalized is the only thing I haven't tried yet, so I guess it would be the last thing to try before fully committing.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i've been involuntarily hospitalized twice & never had a truly bad experience. just a creepyish nurse & a creepy patient. since urs isn't involuntary, they won't hold u for v long; prob a few days @ most, & u should be able to check urself out whenever u want if you're not a minor. i'm not sure if these rules differ state by state though.

it's like being @ the hospital, bc u are. there's a chance you're gonna see some crazy/fucked up shit. like if u were in the ER for a busted leg & some1 got dropped off in an ambulance & wheeled in on a stretcher. @ the 1st psych ward i stayed @ a girl tried to escape by climbing through the ceiling. it took 4 orderlies to get her down, restrain her, & take her to the isolation room where they sedated her. it didn't bother me, & i wasn't scared of the staff bc i wasn't planning on acting like that, & they were only doing what they had to. we (the patients) were all friends w most of the staff.

also, bring along some stuff you'd want in there w you. obv phones won't be allowed, & they'll make u remove any jewelry + piercings + strings, but u could bring books or puzzles or crosswords, etc. i learned origami, read, & socialized. i miss the psych ward sometimes. i miss the structured days, the sense of community, arts & crafts time, & the free food. there are a few ppl from there i still think abt.

obv don't say anything that'd raise any concerns or red flags unless u want to extend ur stay, but since u want to exhaust all options b4 deciding to kys (a v good idea), i'd recommend being honest🧸

Last edited:
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I don't know, I just wanna feel ok. Being hospitalized is the only thing I haven't tried yet, so I guess it would be the last thing to try before fully committing.
Everyone's experience is different depending on many factors but trauma and mistreatment are par for the course.

The only long-time help they are capable of giving you (assuming it is even helpful) is adjusting your medication regimens.

Personally it permanently wrecked my mental health.

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
mental hospitals are a hit or miss. i was assaulted/groomed in one of them, then discharged despite still actively self harming in their care. (i was a minor at the time. i'm not sure how different adult hospitals are.)
however there are good hospitals out there, personally i would not reccomend it unless you are genuinely scared for your safety and need to be protected. it's also a nice break from responsiblities, even if it bites you in the ass at the end (for me, it was missing school and having to make everything up. for adults, it's probably insurance and shit.)

Reactions: restless.dreams
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
Hey, I've been committed a few times! From my perspective, the purpose of hospitalization is to protect you from yourself and potentially adjust your meds in a controlled environment. In my experience, it can also give you space to reflect on life, since you're separated from everyday stressors. It can be interesting to talk to the other patients as well.

On the other hand, being in the hospital can be traumatic and scary. I'm quiet and compliant by nature -- a model inmate, haha -- but I've seen others get involuntarily sedated etc. Also, the food is crap and you get no privacy. Overall, I've never had a terrible experience, but it's not a vacation either.

• Hugs
Reactions: heysunshine
pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
Hey, I've been committed a few times! From my perspective, the purpose of hospitalization is to protect you from yourself and potentially adjust your meds in a controlled environment. In my experience, it can also give you space to reflect on life, since you're separated from everyday stressors. It can be interesting to talk to the other patients as well.

On the other hand, being in the hospital can be traumatic and scary. I'm quiet and compliant by nature -- a model inmate, haha -- but I've seen others get involuntarily sedated etc. Also, the food is crap and you get no privacy. Overall, I've never had a terrible experience, but it's not a vacation either.
totally forgot to mention the sedation part. they literally hold patients down in front of you and give them a shot. (at least where i was at.) shit is insane.

Reactions: restless.dreams
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
I was there as a minor years ago so not sure if its the same as adults but they just had us stick to a little schedule of various group discussion or activity about reasons why killing yourself is bad, plus some free time of TV and outdoors. Breakfast lunch dinner at the usual times, shower 5 minutes then water stops, nurse gives you meds, talk to psychiatrist (ours was a complete asshole), sleep in a barrack room.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb