• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
No no no no no!
Having read all the info i could find on partial suspension hanging and reading through the forum i got really confident about it. I was (still am) ready and wanting to die, so seeing people saying the hard part is really fighting your mind as the act itself is easy, i got excited that i could end it easily. So i got my setup ready. Wanting to just check it i put the noose on (a simple slipknot on the back of the neck, the ligature is pretty thin and has light padding around it ) and started applying pressure by bending my knees a little... Not even once did i manage to get even close to fainting despite applying enough pressure for my neck to hurt. Everytime all i got was a headache. So am i not applying enough pressure? Or maybe the position of the ligature is off? I tried diferent ones - the very top, the very bottom and a little below the larynx. The hardest i tried, my lungs felt as if i wasn't breathing although i was - it shouldn't be that way, right? I also tried to make myself pass out only by clasping both my carotid arteries - nothing but a headache results, even though i am grabbing them as hard as i can where i feel them clearly (Is it even possible to apply the necessary pressure with your fingers?) The closest i got to fainting was by hyperventilating for maybe a minute, standing up quickly and clasping the arteries, which resulted in my vision getting blurry and my knees bending. That's all (i did that only two times despite many more attempts)
Please help me! Thanks in advance!

Ps: Sorry for my english and rambling - my situation is stressing me out now...

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
No no no no no!
Having read all the info i could find on partial suspension hanging and reading through the forum i got really confident about it. I was (still am) ready and wanting to die, so seeing people saying the hard part is really fighting your mind as the act itself is easy, i got excited that i could end it easily. So i got my setup ready. Wanting to just check it i put the noose on (a simple slipknot on the back of the neck, the ligature is pretty thin and has light padding around it ) and started applying pressure by bending my knees a little... Not even once did i manage to get even close to fainting despite applying enough pressure for my neck to hurt. Everytime all i got was a headache. So am i not applying enough pressure? Or maybe the position of the ligature is off? I tried diferent ones - the very top, the very bottom and a little below the larynx. The hardest i tried, my lungs felt as if i wasn't breathing although i was - it shouldn't be that way, right? I also tried to make myself pass out only by clasping both my carotid arteries - nothing but a headache results, even though i am grabbing them as hard as i can where i feel them clearly (Is it even possible to apply the necessary pressure with your fingers?) The closest i got to fainting was by hyperventilating for maybe a minute, standing up quickly and clasping the arteries, which resulted in my vision getting blurry and my knees bending. That's all (i did that only two times despite many more attempts)
Please help me! Thanks in advance!

Ps: Sorry for my english and rambling - my situation is stressing me out now...
This happened to me as well.
I now sometimes think of going full suspension.
But it is a scary thought.

R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
Could you describe your experience(s)? And what is it that scares you about full suspension?

It's frustrating and comforting at the same time that in my case the whole problem is of technical nature - my motivation to free myself is so powerful that i would do it right now without any hesitation if i only knew how and was sure it will work. And the only thing that stands in my way is that i "just" can't press those two (or four) blood vessels enough or in the right place. Ugh!

D

Deleted member 847

Don't hang yourself by sitting, in case you did that, it doesn't work, I said it thousands of times. In some of the photos on my thread there are some people who made it that way, but from my personal experience you only get blood in the head or suffocate from that position.
See the picture.
New.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks for the warning! The position in which i tested it was the second one on your picture. I didn't go all out though like i'm going to in the proper attempt. Holding the other end of the ligature in my hands I applied pressure for about 15 seconds each time till it started to get really uncomfortable without any sign of my conciousness fading. I think maybe the pressure wasn't steady enough - i might've unconciously let go of the ligature a little to relieve the compression... Still it worries me that i forced it so hard without any effects.
The next time i try i am going to force myself like i was doing it for real.
And what would you say about the position of the ligature on the neck?

D

Deleted member 847

Thanks for the warning! The position in which i tested it was the second one on your picture. I didn't go all out though like i'm going to in the proper attempt. Holding the other end of the ligature in my hands I applied pressure for about 15 seconds each time till it started to get really uncomfortable without any sign of my conciousness fading. I think maybe the pressure wasn't steady enough - i might've unconciously let go of the ligature a little to relieve the compression... Still it worries me that i forced it so hard without any effects.
The next time i try i am going to force myself like i was doing it for real.
And what would you say about the position of the ligature on the neck?

When you hang yourself you need to "let go of your body" and slide your legs on the ground. You should stop when you see a static/things becoming blurry and get a dizzy feeling.
This is how you should put it on your neck, nothing else will work. It must be above your Adam's apple.
691250d1466400031-gambler-hangs-himself-2.jpg

R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks again!
As for the position of the ligature - you mean (i guess you don't, i just want to make sure) the only way it works is exactly like on the photo? Without a knot behind your head?
Is it possible to test the actual experience with "letting go" without making it your "final" attempt? I mean when controlling the ligature with my hands it would be hard or impossible to do and if i fastened the ligature... well i don't want any accidents... So would i manage to back out before passing out?

D

Deleted member 847

Thanks again!
As for the position of the ligature - you mean (i guess you don't, i just want to make sure) the only way it works is exactly like on the photo? Without a knot behind your head?
Is it possible to test the actual experience with "letting go" without making it your actual "final" attempt? I mean when controlling the ligature with my hands it would be hard or impossible to do it and if i fastened the ligature... well i don't want any accidents... So would i manage to back out before passing out?
Nonono I mean the ligature must be above your Adam's apple.
When you start to faint your survival instinct will kick in and will make you stop. Why do you think I'm still here wasting my time if it was that easy

R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, that's what i thought. The placement of ligature above my Adam's apple is the one i mostly used for my tests and that i've always had in mind. I don't know how you could do it differently, hence my surprise when i was reading "how to hang yourself" guide posted somewhere on the forum in which the author recommended the bottom of the neck as his optimal place for the ligature and advised against the placement above the larynx because of cough/swallow reflex. In my experience this reflex was present as well but it was bearable. I hope it doesn't get stronger though... And shouldn't it be gone once your conciousness is?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 847

Yeah, that's what i thought. The placement of ligature above my Adam's apple is the one i mostly used for my tests and that i've always had in mind. I don't know how you could do it differently, hence my suprise when i was reading "how to hang yourself" guide posted somewhere on the forum in which the author recommended the bottom of the neck as his optimal place for the ligature and advised against the placement above the larynx because of cough/swallow reflex. In my experience this reflex was present as well but it was bearable. I hope it doesn't get stronger though... And shouldn't this reflex be gone once your conciousness is?
Don't worry about swallowing, you faint in 10 seconds

R

readyanddetermined17

Aug 13, 2018
Thank you for all the info, it's reassuring! I just got back some confidence about this method.
Now that i thought about my experience with it, i really think not letting go completely is the problem.
The next chance i have i'm going all out in a serious attempt.
In the meantime i'm gathering info just to get my mind completely at peace.

So what about compression of the airway? Will i be able to breathe at all with the noose above larynx?

Last edited: