• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
If you're having intrusive thoughts or nightmares, I find it seems to help to tell someone -exactly- what it is that's on your mind. With the caveat that they do have to be a good listener too (not say much, or ask too many questions, and affirmative).

You might have to be on some medication like mirtazapine first before you'll be able to talk about it correctly, but I find people can be surprisingly understanding. Maybe it has to be the right people though.

If it works, it can give at least temporary relief from nightmares and intrusive thoughts so they're not as distracting.

Another way to deal with nightmares long term is just knowing that the solution is you have to change the outcome of the nightmares somehow. I don't know how easy or hard it is to do and it might not always work.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There are inhibitory neurotransmitters like Gabba that if insufficient might contribute to exaggerated dreaming. One might also experiment with supplementation to see if this could be helpful.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Yeah, it's not easy.