awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
So reality is setting in after a couple years since my psychotic breakdown. I have a regular job that doesnt challenge me the chances of getting back into my old field are quite low arent they?

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
Obviously depends what field you were in. Chances are the same as getting into it like the first time. Maybe slightly higher

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
So reality is setting in after a couple years since my psychotic breakdown. I have a regular job that doesnt challenge me the chances of getting back into my old field are quite low arent they?

Don't be so sure. You might be surprised at the number of people who are able to successfully cope in their chosen fields of occupation.

Others may find it of more value that you are a dependable, competent worker who others wish to work with.

I can only suggest you try to not jump to a conclusion about your prospects in returning to your field of work as many people are able to manage their illnesses with surprising resilience and determination. Google famous people with mental illnesses. There are a wide range of professions and mental illnesses that have affected those that you many even admire.

Second chances may be worth taking.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
chances of getting back into my old field are quite low arent they?
If you were in a creative field it shouldn't be a problem. If you were a police officer it might be. Congratulations on integrating into the work force in any capacity. Some can't do that.