• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I have had a few different psychologists and haven't found them useful. Maybe it's because I don't take their advice, idk.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I have had a few different psychologists and haven't found them useful. Maybe it's because I don't take their advice, idk.
The best mental health professionals don't give advice. Rather, they help you come to the decision yourself what is best for you.

Reactions: Sensei
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Had 10 psychologist: 9 actually harmful (1 mildly helpful).

Waste of time, $$$, and never mind that - made me more distressed. They constantly argued with me, in vain. This is sad: research in contemporary psychology is brilliant - the practice is awful!

I got really angry. Went through books. Big ones. Sat down. Did DBT (acceptance grounding), narrative therapy (reauthor identity), logotherapy and positive psychology (meaning purpose). Really helpful for PTSD, Anxiety, Personality Disorder. Made full recovery and had some great years, despite issues. Friends with similar issues just could not do that. It's hard to read 100s of pages (and write as many) and supervise yourself (discipline)..... Therapy: sad state of affairs.

Reactions: Sensei
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Quarky00 Glad you are able to find your problems and overcome them! Sometimes, only the individual can solve the individual's problems as the individual knows him/herself the best. Especially people who have self-awareness, self-introspection, and discipline to see it through.

Reactions: Quarky00 and Sensei
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
Well at $200 an hour where I live I've tried them and fucking hate it. That's because all they do is try to shove fucking mindfulness and meditation crap down my throat I can find on YouTube anyways no matter how many times I am adamant it increases my anxiety and I hate it.

I was found it ridiculous that I had to pay the full bill after trying multiple times, and what they were doing didn't work. Certainly they should be paid something for their time and effort, as laughable as their effort is usually, but 100 or $200 an hour is excessively greedy.

I mean if you took your vehicle to a mechanic, and the car still didn't work properly and broke down the next day, shouldn't you at least get a partial refund?

Anyway, you're preaching to the choir.

Yes, unfortunately it's always "Have you tried meditation? Deep breathing? Journaling? Why don't we just reflect on what you're feeling, and how do you feel about that?"

*eyes rolling*. Wow. Total waste of time.

brainpain2

brainpain2

Student
Sep 16, 2019
I was found it ridiculous that I had to pay the full bill after trying multiple times, and what they were doing didn't work. Certainly they should be paid something for their time and effort, as laughable as their effort is usually, but 100 or $200 an hour is excessively greedy.

I mean if you took your vehicle to a mechanic, and the car still didn't work properly and broke down the next day, shouldn't you at least get a partial refund?

Anyway, you're preaching to the choir.

Yes, unfortunately it's always "Have you tried meditation? Deep breathing? Journaling? Why don't we just reflect on what you're feeling, and how do you feel about that?"

*eyes rolling*. Wow. Total waste of time.
I actually want to find out and be able to say, upfront, I have zero interest in mindfulness and focusing on my breathing. Please tell me in advance what techniques we will be trying before I proceed with treatment. Seriously, even with the last I tried saying meditation and mindfulness isn't for me, I've tried it many times and guess what? In no time he's taking me in that direction anyways. No wonder I've just about given up