• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
This Thursday I am going to my psychiatrist. I want to talk to her about my antidepressant. I have been on 100mg Sertraline right now, for about 8 months.
I have been studying doctor Daniel Amen's work and was totally shocked at the realization that, she and I, don't even know if and what is wrong with my brain. It has never been looked for. So, I want to know what is wrong. I know something is off because of my lifelong traumas, surely something is not in balance anymore. But I want to find out. I want to know exactly what is going on, so I don't get lifelong pills prescribed for everything. So knowing this... does anyone have experience with something like this? Any advice how I need to talk to/tell her? Psychiatrists/doctors in general have huge egos and don't listen to patients and do what their little brain thinks is easy and fast.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I agree, and you should ask your psychiatrist for a referral to neurology.

PTSD patients are routinely evaluated for traumatic brain injury, so this is my experience.

Do you see your primary care physician for all of your health screenings each year?

bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
I agree, and you should ask your psychiatrist for a referral to neurology.

PTSD patients are routinely evaluated for traumatic brain injury, so this is my experience.

Do you see your primary care physician for all of your health screenings each year?
I have been to all kinds of doctors the past 2 months.. I have EDS. But I have never been to a Neurologist before and I know I definitely should..

Reactions: Little_Suzy
A

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
This Thursday I am going to my psychiatrist. I want to talk to her about my antidepressant. I have been on 100mg Sertraline right now, for about 8 months.
I have been studying doctor Daniel Amen's work and was totally shocked at the realization that, she and I, don't even know if and what is wrong with my brain. It has never been looked for. So, I want to know what is wrong. I know something is off because of my lifelong traumas, surely something is not in balance anymore. But I want to find out. I want to know exactly what is going on, so I don't get lifelong pills prescribed for everything. So knowing this... does anyone have experience with something like this? Any advice how I need to talk to/tell her? Psychiatrists/doctors in general have huge egos and don't listen to patients and do what their little brain thinks is easy and fast.
Are you in the UK? Can you post how you get on because I've got exactly the same situation but not able to see a psychiatrist until September. I also have lifelong traumas, also autism and GAD but never diagnosed with anything like c-ptsd and I think I may have BPD. Really difficult to access psychiatrists in UK because such long waiting lists (can't afford to go private).