bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Post-covid will be the age of unrest, so there will be masses anyway. I remember once reading that depression is aggression turned inwards. What about turning it outwards? A nice little uprising would do many of us a world of good.

I don`t think this is about luck. It´s about the power of unity, and collective action.
Historically, no mass movement changed course without the help of the Bourgeoisie. In Soviet Russia, the same. Anarchist movements have been like a flame that briefly goes out. Little attempts. It is very depressing but if you study history well you will see that it is so.

Reactions: Lucien
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
Post-covid will be the age of unrest, so there will be masses anyway. I remember once reading that depression is aggression turned inwards. What about turning it outwards? A nice little uprising would do many of us a world of good.

I don`t think this is about luck. It´s about the power of unity, and collective action.
Sure, human resource, capital and thick skin for whoever is behind the wheel; just like any successful movement I disagree that luck isn't heavily involved. It's about people with the correct, actionable ideas coming together and securing funds. If you don't get the ball rolling early on it will fade into obscurity. You're talking about reaching out to millions, after all.

The prominent members of any political movement will also endure a hefty amount of gaslighting by media, various personal attacks and scrutiny over tiny details of their past life.

Reactions: bad luck
Georgiana Darcy

Georgiana Darcy

Feb 11, 2021
Historically, no mass movement changed course without the help of the Bourgeoisie. In Soviet Russia, the same. Anarchist movements have been like a flame that briefly goes out. Little attempts. It is very depressing but if you study history well you will see that it is so.
I am actually a trained historian. ;-) Russia 1917 is precisely the mass movement that toppled the bourgeoisie - in contrast to needing its help.

Spain`s short summer of anarchy in 1936 is another great example. I have always loved Orwell`s dscription of liberated Barcelona. Without Stalinist interference, they would have had a decent chance winning the civil war.

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I am actually a trained historian. ;-) Russia 1917 is precisely the mass movement that toppled the bourgeoisie - in contrast to needing its help.

Spain`s short summer of anarchy in 1936 is another great example. I have always loved Orwell`s dscription of liberated Barcelona. Without Stalinist interference, they would have had a decent chance winning the civil war.
Russia overthrew the Nobility, not the bourgeoisie. To create a revolution you need intellectuals and financiers. The anarchist summer was preceded by brutal violence between communists and libertarians. There is a lot of hidden history and a lot of censored historians.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Reading psychiatric abuse stories is always so harrowing. I relate to them so deeply and feel the powerlessness of the victim and also don't think things will ever change. Medical professionals will continue to abuse and traumatize us for years to come.

I wish there was something I could say to mitigate your pain, just know that me and so many other people are in a similar boat.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EmptyManForever, Skathon, demuic and 4 others
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Reading psychiatric abuse stories is always so harrowing. I relate to them so deeply and feel the powerlessness of the victim and also don't think things will ever change. Medical professionals will continue to abuse and traumatize us for years to come.

I wish there was something I could say to mitigate your pain, just know that me and so many other people are in a similar boat.
Sending all my compassion back :heart: I'm deeply sorry you relate :( psychiatric abuse is something so atrocious
yet unfortunately so normalized and unacknowledged by society

• Love
Reactions: EmptyManForever, demuic, Meretlein and 1 other person
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
It is extremely hard to sue a psychiatrist or big pharma. For example many people who've also developed permanent sexual dysfunction and try to sue can't because they are told the sexual dysfunction is psychosomatic when clearly isn't. psychiatrist can keep gaslighting you with their subjective diagnosis to protect themselves.
Do you have records/evidence of the psychiatrist ghosting you and censoring your review(s)? I'm pretty sure that in of itself, especially the ghosting, might be enough for a malpractice suit.

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
I think I know you from the subreddit r/PSSD. I'm in that group as well. Man, are there only a handful of people around the world with this condition, because I see the same people on Reddit, PSSD forums, PSSD Facebook group and here as well.
I don't think it's uncommon, just the severe cases end up on forums, if a patient says this drug has done this to me.. Instantly the prescriber will say its your mental health and the victim always believes it, The prescriber never blames the drugs, most people don't have experience coming off the drugs because they have been on them years/decades.. The real issues start when you stop them.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and demuic
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Do you have records/evidence of the psychiatrist ghosting you and censoring your review(s)? I'm pretty sure that in of itself, especially the ghosting, might be enough for a malpractice suit.
I'm so unlucky since conventions in my WhatsApp got deleted without backup so I don't have all the evidence, ahhhh :eh:;-;

M

Mohkinstsis_falls

Mar 20, 2021
I'm really sorry this happened. I've been a victim of some shitty mental health professionals too. I don't know if those 'isolation rooms' ring a bell to any of you, but that's what ruined my life. I spent between 4-6 hours per week in them for a good 3 months and they absolutely ruined my life. The trauma they caused are what brought me here in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
If no one has mentioned it yet I'd recommend posting your story on r/antipsychiatry as well. There are unfortunately a lot of stories like yours of parents unnecessarily drugging their kids and psychiatrists not being held accountable for the "candy" they throw around.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeathWish77, killedbypsychiatry, EmptyManForever and 2 others
F

Fish Face

Student
Apr 19, 2019
The pharmaceutical industry has bought in many unscrupulous psychiatrists. I also feel mistreated by psychiatry and by the amount of drugs they sent me. They all made me addicted and I've been taking them for years, but I'm not getting better. Sometimes a few months and then again depression.
It seems pretty typical of reaction to antidepressants, just placebo and when that wears off nothing. They are not tested for long enough. Johann Hari's book Lost Connections explains that very well.

Reactions: bad luck
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
I am sorry you are going through this. I have been prescribed medication, and way too much to help my emotions and disabilities. But I refuse to take them, because they change my chemicals, it seems so forced. Many psychiatrists have called me names like lunatic and crazy, and downplayed my feelings and what I go through. Medications can't solve anything within the snap of a finger, why is so hard for my family and society to realize this?

• Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
I swear psychiatric drug damage is one of the worst possible sufferings for a human being, depending on severity it can be pretty much not livable.

• Love
Reactions: N0FWayIneedtogo, ReadyForIt, killedbypsychiatry and 2 others
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I don't know if those 'isolation rooms' ring a bell to any of you, but that's what ruined my life. I spent between 4-6 hours per week in them for a good 3 months and they absolutely ruined my life.
I'm so sorry they did that to you :( getting people who are already suffering into those rooms is so so abusive, the least thing one needs. I don't get how these "professionals" want to help people heal and all they do is injure their brains with drugs, put them on isolation rooms, involuntary commit them, electrocute their brains.... their methods are like exactly the least thing one needs to heal.

Reactions: EmptyManForever