• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Does anyone have any experience of taking Psychedelic's if your on Venlafaxine or Trazodone? Does it cause good/bad trips etc?

Fin

Fin

Normality is a crowd-sourced fantasy.
Apr 20, 2019
Venlafaxine is an SNRI and trazodone is a SARI so both should markedly reduce the effects of serotonergic psychedelics (basically all typical psychedelics).

Edit: Trazodone could even be used as a trip killer as it is a serotonin antagonist.

Last edited:
N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Which psychedelic are you planning to use?
I had a really bad reaction to ketamine, thinking of something more natural
Ok
Venlafaxine is an SNRI and trazodone is a SARI so both should markedly reduce the effects of serotonergic psychedelics (basically all typical psychedelics).

Edit: Trazodone could even be used as a trip killer as it is a serotonin antagonist.
I had a really bad reaction to ketamine, just wandered if same would happen with something more natural?

Fin

Fin

Normality is a crowd-sourced fantasy.
Apr 20, 2019
I had a really bad reaction to ketamine, thinking of something more natural
Ketamine is a dissociative, not a psychedelic.

Edit:
I had a really bad reaction to ketamine, just wandered if same would happen with something more natural?
A strictly speaking naturally-occuring psychedelic is DMT which you can extract from certain parts of certain plants. Also bufotenine and ibogaine.

None of them are very beginner-friendly psychedelics though, especially not the last two. Lysergamides such as LSD and its synthetic analogues are actually better tolerated than the above-mentioned natural counterparts. 4-HO-MET is also less intense and has a more friendly imagery than DMT.

Last edited:
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Mirtazapine (potent histamine but has activity with serotonin as well and is often used as an AD) killed my LSD trip, but I imagine many SSRIs or SNRIs would have similar effects

Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Mirtazapine (potent histamine but has activity with serotonin as well and is often used as an AD) killed my LSD trip, but I imagine many SSRIs or SNRIs would have similar effects
That's interesting, I've also read that tricyclic antidepressants can increase lsd effects... but mao, ssri, snri decrease the effects...

Last edited:
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020

SNRIs and SARIs increase serotonin availability in the brain/CNS. They would therefore enhance, not reduce the effects of serotonergic psychedelics.

Last edited by a moderator:
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
All over the internet? RI stands for reuptake inhibitor, which means serotonin levels increase. I also did part of my degree in pharmacology if that gives me any more credibility.

Wiki link

Last edited:
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
SNRIs and SARIs increase serotonin availability in the brain/CNS. They would therefore enhance, not reduce the effects of serotonergic psychedelics.

Speaking from experience but SNRI's completely diminish the effects of psychedelics. As well as MDMA.

O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
This is simply untrue. I've been on multiple SSRIs and tried both LSD and shrooms. The psychedelic effects (eg visuals) are reduced that I have to increase my psychedelic dosage to have a proper trip.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
This is simply untrue. I've been on multiple SSRIs and tried both LSD and shrooms. The psychedelic effects (eg visuals) are reduced that I have to increase my psychedelic dosage to have a proper trip.
Speaking from experience but SNRI's completely diminish the effects of psychedelics. As well as MDMA.
Thank you guys

Reactions: ovaltinee99
O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
I'm not sure about SNRIs but it's dangerous to do MDMA when on SSRIs, as there's a risk of serotonin syndrome.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Thank you guys

On MDMA. I couldnt feel anything whatsoever while all of my friends were completely blissed out. Psychopharmacology is way more complicated than some people make it out be in this thread. MAOI's on the other hand can both increase the effects but also be very dangerous as they can cause serotonin syndrome when combined with MDMA or Ayahuasca. Personally I feel psychedelics should only be taken when clean. Cannabis seems to work OK with SNRI's though although I don't to encourage using it.

NegativeSymptoms

NegativeSymptoms

trying to recover
Sep 4, 2019
Venlafaxine seemed to enhance or at least not reduce intensity of my LSD trip.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I'm not sure about SNRIs but it's dangerous to do MDMA when on SSRIs, as there's a risk of serotonin syndrome.

It probably is. But I literally couldn't feel a thing on a high dose of MDMA while on Cymbalta. When I was off all meds, I could feel the effects of MDMA that most people feel. Not that I want to recommend it. It's neurotoxic in higher dosages and mixed with substances.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
On MDMA. I couldnt feel anything whatsoever while all of my friends were completely blissed out. Psychopharmacology is way more complicated than some people make it out be in this thread. MAOI's on the other hand can both increase the effects but also be very dangerous as they can cause serotonin syndrome when combined with MDMA or Ayahuasca. Personally I feel psychedelics should only be taken when clean. Cannabis seems to work OK with SNRI's though although I don't to encourage using it.
I'm on a tricyclic antidepressant right now and I've read it should increase the physical, hallucinatory and psychological effects...

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I'm on a tricyclic antidepressant right now and I've read it should increase the physical, hallucinatory and psychological effects...

Considering you are on a forum for suicidal people I would definitely go for a low dose if you wanted try LSD, Mushrooms or whatever it is. Mushrooms can be very relaxing in lower dosages. LSD makes you trip all day and has a wakefullness so you probably won't be able to sleep unless you take it at noon. I would take a very cautionary low dose if take it all when not in good mindset and setting if at all.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Considering you are on a forum for suicidal people I would definitely go for a low dose if you wanted try LSD, Mushrooms or whatever it is. Mushrooms can be very relaxing in lower dosages. LSD makes you trip all day and has a wakefullness so you probably won't be able to sleep unless you take it at noon. I would take a very cautionary low dose if take it all when not in good mindset and setting if at all.
Oh yeah for sure. I can still feel the mdma effects, so I hope the same counts for lsd :ahhha:

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
All I can say then is try it and see. Or don't.

OhSoSinful

OhSoSinful

Nov 18, 2020
As someone who regularly uses psychedelics- SSRI and other anti depressants dulled the effects of them. Always have for me. Make sure you're in a good minstate for LSD or Shrooms- I've had and watched others have horrible and mentally debilitating trips by doing it in a bad state of mind.

Otherwise they are amazing and truly great IMO for healing and spiritual experience. Enjoy when you do!! Stay safe ♡

• Love
Reactions: Fin and sadworld
Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020

Why would it reduce the effects? SARIs and SSRIs block the reuptake ( reabsorption ) of serotonin which makes more serotonin availabe to neurons in the brain.

Ahh, never mind. I read an article on it. Most psychedelics bind to those receptors that are blocked and / or down regulated from the antidepressants..

Last edited:
Reactions: Fin