maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
I was sent to a psych ward for one week after a CTB attempt. nothing too bad happened to me specifically, but I felt so terrible for the other patients.

I heard someone crying in the middle of the night. a staff was with them, and instead of offering any comfort they told her to be quiet and shut up because people are sleeping. she said she's sorry, and word for word, the reply was "you're not sorry, do you know what that word means?" I fucking hated all of the staff.

another one victim blamed a guy with an abusive dad and told him "it sounds like you want everything to be your way" when he was talking about wanting to fix his relationship with his dad.

for me, what I went through in there wasn't too bad in regards to the staff, but overall I hated the experience.

apparently I wasn't "ready to go home" since I didn't learn anything from the place. how am I supposed to learn anything in a place that only further worsens mentally ill people's mental health? barely anyone was there of their own will.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, Meditation guide, Sannti and 3 others
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Yeah, most wards are like that. Really makes you question why they even exist in the first place. I know that they're technically meant to help people and some people do benefit from them and that if I were to say "sometimes I feel like they exist just for the staff there to get gratification from torturing vulnerable people" I'd be seen as unreasonable or crazy... but am I entirely wrong? Considering the type of stuff that does indeed happen there.

I've never been to a psych ward, but I'd rather slit my throat and die in agony than end up there. I'm suffering enough as it is in the comfort of my own home, if I were to be committed, I genuinely believe that it would break my mind completely and drive me to madness. In my case my issues aren't even related to mental illness but psychiatric damage so it'd be even more counterproductive. This little paragraph is slightly off-topic though.

Back to psych wards in general, I constantly think about all the people who end up there for one reason or another. It hurts me to think about all the abuse and dehumanization a lot of them go through, the fact that their pain and struggles will remain invisible and unheard of, the possibility of them suffering for years or decades and passing away in misery.

I have a friend who's been in and out of mental hospitals and wards, she's doing great (not thanks to those places lol she just managed to get away without lasting damage and has put a lot of work and effort to have a better life) but she's told me about the different things she's heard of and witnessed. So many teens go in with a single more minor issue, come out with a whole spectrum of them, end up taking drugs, or on the streets, or completely disabled, or commit suicide. I had another online friend who told me about how she used to be a part of a support group for autistic people years ago and she ended up witnessing one of her friends from there being killed in front of her eyes. He was having meltdowns and they ended up injecting him with so many drugs that he ended up overdosing. His family never got justice either.

I'm terribly jealous of the people who are unaware of the horrors of psychiatry and I'm appalled by the cruelty we're capable of as humans.

Edit: I'm sorry that I forgot to mention this but I'm also sorry that you had to go through that, it was still a very unpleasant experience. I also hope that you're able to feel better as soon as possible.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, maidens, R_N and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They certainly sound like horrible prisons to me that just cause more suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and maidens
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
People who force "meds" on others should be forced to take them as well.

That would be justice. Eye for an eye.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and maidens
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
It's always the wrong people at the wrong job. When I was younger I had the chance to attend a nurse school for two weeks to see how I like it and what do you know, various of the worst girls and bullies (especially ones who had ridiculed me all my childhood) were there as students. My former friend who was also a student there was even forced to quit attending because she couldn't take it anymore. Why do these people with no empathy choose such a line of work, I'll never understand.

• Love
Reactions: maidens
N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023
Psych wards are a form of incarceration. All they do is prevent a person from killing themselves. Life is still going on while you're in one, so when you get out you have a bunch of stuff to catch up on. Any person should be offered lethal injection or a lethal dose of medication no questions asked. We shouldn't have to live a life we don't want and never asked for.

• Love
Reactions: maidens