• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019
I've ended up in a psych ward. It's laid back compared to some. I have laces and string from my trousers but no where to hang myself. Can I strangle myself with them? Would it work?

Reactions: Hotsackage, sunny.sativa and Ivenocare
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I've ended up in a psych ward. It's laid back compared to some. I have laces and string from my trousers but no where to hang myself. Can I strangle myself with them? Would it work?
How did you sneak your phone in? I've always had everything taken especially my shoe laces.

Reactions: Egddios, LastFlowers, NoOneKnows and 2 others
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
My condolences.
Thought police has you.
:notsure:

Reactions: NoOneKnows, LivingLies, Ivenocare and 1 other person
F

fister

Apr 11, 2019
Night Night could work for you but please try to wait until you are discharged because if you get caught your situation will be worse.

Reactions: Egddios, PatKat, Halo13 and 2 others
LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019
I'm sorry, what's night night. I just want to leave I'm done, completely done
How did you sneak your phone in? I've always had everything taken especially my shoe laces.
We are allowed our phones here ... it's not very high security , I'm surprised

They check on me a fair bit too

They check on me a fair bit too
I'm not allowed the charger lead

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NoOneKnows and Halo13
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
That must be a really laid back psych ward, when I was admitted/ admitted myself they didn't even let me bring my credit cards in because they were "sharp objects" I could cut myself with

Reactions: Egddios, Halo13, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I'm checking in tomorrow. We can't take in anything but clothes and money to fund the vending machines.

LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019
That must be a really laid back psych ward, when I was admitted/ admitted myself they didn't even let me bring my credit cards in because they were "sharp objects" I could cut myself
I'm checking in tomorrow. We can't take in anything but clothes and money to fund the vending machines.

Just got my phone, clothes and some toiletries .... no sharps, chargers , deodorants, tins/cans etc .... every thing is checked anyway before it's given to me. My chargers stay will staff/nurses which is by the by... and off topic

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
When I was sectioned for jumping off a bridge I could have my headphones and my phone. The hoodies in my blouses usually went in unchecked too. Even managed to get some otc medication to calm myself down when my boyfriend was visiting. I could even have my whole art set and paint and draw there, the only thing they expected me to hand off to them was the pencil sharpener. Everybody had their phones. I snuck razors in my wallet once. 2 people hanged themselves there the last 15 years as of my knowledge. Crazy right?
I thought its normal, then BAM! Someone out there in a ward with nothing but clothes on their back :o

Last edited:
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
Partial suspension can work with a lot of objects... A lot... Be aware with what you access with your phone dude!

• Wow
Reactions: NoOneKnows and LivingLies
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
It's much easier to do it once you get out.

Reactions: Egddios, LivingLies and Schizotypal
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
At my psych ward, they stripped me of my pull-strings and shoelaces. Eventually, after a stunt I tried to pull with my long sleeve shirt, they were forced to put me in a hospital gown to ensure my safety.

Not sure where you're at, but their security is shit.

Best of luck. :)

Reactions: LivingLies
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Wait until you get out. Then use SN, N, or exit bag.

Reactions: MartEU, LivingLies and throwaway_2620
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Are you guys from Europe? Cause from what I've heard most of their hospitals let you have phones and shit while in the US you're basically not allowed anything even though if you already had a couple stays at prison you basically already know could hurt yourself with anything if you're crafty enough anyways.

Reactions: Egddios and LivingLies
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yea they wouldn't even let me have floss.
Are you guys from Europe? Cause from what I've heard most of their hospitals let you have phones and shit while in the US you're basically not allowed anything even though if you already had a couple stays at prison you basically already know could hurt yourself with anything if you're crafty enough anyways.
From the US.
Definitely feels like you are going into a prison. Some sympathetic staff stated this themselves when I was getting the whole bodily shake down. (Humiliating) if anyone has watched that movie "Unsane", it's pretty accurate. Including the milking of insurance companies.
Probably the only thing that seemed inaccurate was the fact that they kept both genders of patients in the same room, with no staff in there, and even had a patient restrained while others were free..in that same room.
The times I went, some people had to have their own rooms, most were sorted by gender, anyone in constraints had to be locked in a separate room and there were always staff checking on you every 5-10 minutes, within the same vicinity.
Only the last place I went to seemed to have the entire staff hiding behind a glass wall.

I hid a piece of broken glass inside a tube of chapstick once, I couldn't be that trapped and not have an escape.
Never to harm anyone else though.
Even plucked pills I needed for my acne then inside a tiny hole of a scrunchy. (They wouldn't allow me to take them.) this was something I did beforehand in case I was ever put in the ward again..and welp, what do ya know.
Now this wasn't the first time, when I had no clue what I was in for.
Usually people still find a way, however.
Some try to escape, bash their heads against walls, find a way to undo the structures surrounding them and make dangerous contraptions, take advantage of ignornant staff.
If they let you use certain items, sometimes they forget to take them back from you.
Sometimes an incident has to occur with an item deemed harmless before they remove it forever out of the safe zones. Usually you will find these in the arts & crafts area most places have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isabelx
LivingLies

LivingLies

Mar 12, 2019

I'm in the uk

MartEU

MartEU

May 26, 2019
Yea, when I was admitted to a psychward after an OD/Psychose I got to keep my phone, my charger, they even let me have my keys and everything, nothing was checked I think.
They let us have lighters too, some people try to set themselves on fire so that was wild.
I was super happy with how I was threated but this place was more like a crisis center so that might have been the reason it was so chill.

sweet17sour29

sweet17sour29

turning teeth
Feb 22, 2019
Does anyone here in NZ have experience with psych wards?

P

Pj.nuffield

May 26, 2019
Does anyone here in NZ have experience with psych wards?
I spent a week in 1 (involuntary low security) & it was okish. The worst part was not knowing anyone,not wanting to be around strangers,not wanting to be there,being watched constantly. You get the idea. The best part was I had my own room.