T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
Is it possible to be placed in a psych ward for several years? What types of patients are kept indefinitely? I know that if I don't CTB I'll spend my life in a structure like this. Are there patients who stay 10, 20 or 30 years in psychiatry for the rest of their lives?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: todeswunsch, zeldalover, catperson and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Is it possible to be placed in a psych ward for several years? What types of patients are kept indefinitely? I know that if I don't CTB I'll spend my life in a structure like this. Are there patients who stay 10, 20 or 30 years in psychiatry for the rest of their lives?
I think in the UK, people can be stuck for a few years - though it is rare as there is also a shortage of beds. Not sure how ling they are stuck there for and how many years - just what I have read about and seen in news/documentaries

Apologies as that information is not really helpful.

• Hugs
Reactions: catperson and thewalkingdread
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
I think in the UK, people can be stuck for a few years - though it is rare as there is also a shortage of beds. Not sure how ling they are stuck there for and how many years - just what I have read about and seen in news/documentaries

Apologies as that information is not really helpful.
What is the profile of these patients? are the dangerous patients kept the longest? I wonder where the people who have to be watched indefinitely are placed ..

Reactions: catperson and Kit1
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
In America people used to be held for a long time but that practice changed. You won't be held in a hospital for years, unless it's a forensic one.

Reactions: catperson and Kit1
Eternal🌈Rainbow

Eternal🌈Rainbow

♡ ✨ ♡ 🌸 ♡ 💖 ♡ 🌈 ♡
Apr 2, 2022
That's my biggest fear and it's also a reason of why I have to leave this world, as I know I'll never be able to be a functional adult despite my potential and intelligence, and the only future that awaits me is being imprisoned, drugged, naked, humiliated and medically tortured. I need, I must escape that future.
I'm sorry you see yourself living that hypothetical future too. It's terrifying to think about.
Much love to you, and I truly hope you can avoid that hellish future.
🫂💞

• Love
Reactions: catperson, Kit1 and Tsunami
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
In America people used to be held for a long time but that practice changed. You won't be held in a hospital for years, unless it's a forensic one.
But where are the people who need 24/7 psychiatric assistance placed? Surely there are types of patients who cannot live in society?

That's my biggest fear and it's also a reason of why I have to leave this world, as I know I'll never be able to be a functional adult despite my potential and intelligence, and the only future that awaits me is being imprisoned, drugged, naked, humiliated and medically tortured. I need, I must escape that future.
I'm sorry you see yourself living that hypothetical future too. It's terrifying to think about.
Much love to you, and I truly hope you can avoid that hellish future.
🫂💞

I don't know if I'm afraid of that... what I'm afraid of is living in this society, I can't live in it. I've been trying for 30 years, and for years I've managed to escape and live from day to day. But now I've realized it's impossible, I refuse to take part in this world, to pay bills, to have to work, to have to do paperwork, I want to go home, to the house of my soul. I know I lived on another planet where the system of life was completely different (money didn't exist) and I want to go back. This society is suffocating me; for the last 6 months I've been unable to accept anything. The noise of cars, hearing people talking, receiving emails or even having to take a shower has become unbearable for me. I just want to go home...

• Hugs
Reactions: todeswunsch, RedHates, catperson and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
But where are the people who need 24/7 psychiatric assistance placed? Surely there are types of patients who cannot live in society?
State housing or homeless.

Reactions: catperson and ropearoundatree
Eternal🌈Rainbow

Eternal🌈Rainbow

♡ ✨ ♡ 🌸 ♡ 💖 ♡ 🌈 ♡
Apr 2, 2022
I don't know if I'm afraid of that... what I'm afraid of is living in this society, I can't live in it. I've been trying for 30 years, and for years I've managed to escape and live from day to day. But now I've realized it's impossible, I refuse to take part in this world, to pay bills, to have to work, to have to do paperwork, I want to go home, to the house of my soul. I know I lived on another planet where the system of life was completely different (money didn't exist) and I want to go back. This society is suffocating me; for the last 6 months I've been unable to accept anything. The noise of cars, hearing people talking, receiving emails or even having to take a shower has become unbearable for me. I just want to go home...
Oh, I see what you mean now. I agree with you on all this too.
And I know what you mean when you say you want to go home. We all will, in the end. I just hope that those of us who want to go already, are able to. Soon. And peacefully.
💞

Reactions: catperson
catperson

catperson

#live stream your last breath
Aug 25, 2023
in US or where im at after you have been to many inpatient psych wards they might consider you to go to a "residential" place where you don't have a set time but u would usually be there from 1 month to 3 months and i know someone that went to one thats 6 months or longer so yeah
I knew someone that went to one and that needed that 24/7 shit but they was just a nice and normal person its same with the psych ward in general, the majority of the people are just normal people who have issues but there are those exceptions

Last edited: