AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
you have no knives, all the door handles are angled, you have no ligatures (not even shoelaces) and nurses check on you sporadically.

how do you CTB in this situation? hypothetically. asking for a friend.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: GasMonkey, đ–Ł‚đ–Ł‚đ–Ł‚., scorchie and 4 others
M

maxatcu

Jul 15, 2023
I was in a psych-ward for a few hours once.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AllFoxedOut
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
I understand your frustrations but anything other than fantasizing will potentially extend your stay

much better to play better, get out, and get your full autonomy back so you can make better decisions in this vein

• Hugs
Reactions: Nihilist Christian, enough of this, Mx_Pathetic and 7 others
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
not sure there are many options left in this situation. i hope that your stay doesn't extend too long, and that you're being treated respectfully <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: enough of this, Praestat_Mori, AllFoxedOut and 1 other person
snailpeachpie

snailpeachpie

but here i blur into you
Jun 28, 2023
Any suspicion that you're trying to harm yourself will land you even longer in their custody, eventually, they could go as far as to take away your full autonomy. the best option is to pretend that you're better and get released so you don't have to worry about a barely-efficient method in a highly monitored environment. Good luck to you <3

• Hugs
Reactions: .seethroughme., enough of this, GasMonkey and 3 others
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
yeah guys you're probably right. thanks. I'll be sure to let my friend know ;3

not sure there are many options left in this situation. i hope that your stay doesn't extend too long, and that you're being treated respectfully <3

I hope not as well. they originally said 5 days but that's been indefinitely extended. I didn't even get to see a doctor today about it.

the nursing staff and stuff are kind though. so, thank you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, Praestat_Mori and 90starve
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
This got me thinking about some news that i saw online of a woman who choked herself by stuffing some sort of paper towels or cloth down her throat so suffocated her, ill have a look to see if i can find it but it was just a idea i had in mind

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut and Praestat_Mori
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
I hope not as well. they originally said 5 days but that's been indefinitely extended. I didn't even get to see a doctor today about it.

the nursing staff and stuff are kind though. so, thank you.
oh dear, crossing my fingers for you - at least you are being treated well :)

• Hugs
Reactions: enough of this, AllFoxedOut and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
OMG!!! this is horror! And any animal would have got a free relieving shot if it was treated this way .... humans are such cruel creatures doing so much harm to their own species. It's disgusting!

Dunno how to ctb in such a situation the ones causing this situation should face death penalty! And probably for those "pro-lifers" this would be a real punishment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: monday? and AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
found this of someone who choked using paper towels,

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/...-after-stuffing-paper-towels-down-her-throat/

other methods I've seen people in psych wards use is ingesting poisonous substances, suffocation with plastic bags and using some sort of material to make a homemade tourniquet.
I dont have access to anything poisonous, plastic bags or anything to make a tourniquet out of but i do have paper towels in the bathroom. it was an interesting article, thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I dont have access to anything poisonous, plastic bags or anything to make a tourniquet out of but i do have paper towels in the bathroom. it was an interesting article, thank you!
anytime. also if it was me then i guess i'd try the swb method but guess they dont let you take baths in a phych ward, probably only showers similar to being held at the cop shop

Reactions: AllFoxedOut and Praestat_Mori
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
anytime. also if it was me then i guess i'd try the swb method but guess they dont let you take baths in a phych ward, probably only showers similar to being held at the cop shop
you are correct, swb is impossible. just a fixed, curved (so you can't anchor anything to it) shower head

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I would check to ensure you know your rights. I did some reading when you posted previously and it seems that they can lock people up by force under some circumstances, but it might be possible to appeal.

• Informative
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I would check to ensure you know your rights. I did some reading when you posted previously and it seems that they can lock people up by force under some circumstances, but it might be possible to appeal.

thank you for the research on my behalf! it is possible to appeal but I think the specifics of my circumstance would be fruitless. some of my behaviour in hospital hasn't been indicative of someone "well" either.

I think I'm better off just faking getting better as best i can and avoiding another meltdown.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally don't think it's the best idea even trying to ctb in there, I imagine trying anything could very easily lead to failure and much more suffering. Unfortunately suicide just isn't straightforward especially if one is cruelly trapped in the prison that is the psych ward, those places sound horrible to me.

Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Aqui no Brasil também há internação psiquiátrica involuntária. Passei por 3, cada um de 3 meses. E não pretendo ser internado novamente.

• Hugs