• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What are your favorite and least favorite attributes/positions of both the political left and right?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Conservative/right

Least favorite/cons:
Pro-life
Ban on abortion
Belief that life begins at conception
Decisions and laws influenced by religion/religious beliefs (especially Christianity), "all life is 'sacred'"

Last edited:
O

ObscureSunshine

Feb 20, 2024
The have always been similar imo.

However they are two sides of the same coin now more than ever.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
The have always been similar imo.

However they are two sides of the same coin now more than ever.
I like the saying, its like fast food - you go to Taco Bell, one is a crunchy taco and one is a soft taco. Different wrapping but the same ingredients and filling. Like George Carlin said, "the illusion of choice," in a two party dictatorship lol

• Love
Reactions: ObscureSunshine
O

ObscureSunshine

Feb 20, 2024
I always love a good food analogy.

Yes, exactly this!

I work in social equity.

The way people ignore me when I share that both sides sound the same because they are using the same approach, or are actually the same, is silly to put it gently.

Reactions: DarkRange55
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
From my experience all conservatives do is take away all the social benefits and gibs and don't improve anything.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Politics is all about self interest. If you make a lot of money you probably don't want to pay a lot of taxes. If you're poor, you probably want the government to help you out, to help you get more money. Everybody's after their own self interest.

Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
I'm assuming your use of liberal is in the contemporary American sense of the word, yes? As a classical liberal (moderate libertarian), I like to think I have a fairly keen sense for impartially finding faults & strengths among both sides of the aisle, so I'll take a crack at it.

Liberals:

Pros:
  • Tend to be much more creative and open-minded
  • Dominate the arts and modern academia
  • Generally place a greater value on science, empiricism, and technological developments
  • Bleeding hearts that seem to care about the socially disenfranchised and marginalized
  • Much more understanding of an individual's hardship & life circumstances

Cons:
  • Their worldview is largely compartmentalized into a false dichotomy of "oppressed vs oppressor"
  • Rabid fixation with identity politics (gender, race, religion, sexual orientation) where perceived oppression & victimhood is a valuable currency. Consequently, they feel morally justified in patronizing people that belong to "dominant social groups" (e.g. white people, men)
  • Likely to be more underhanded and surreptitious with their bigotry (e.g. benevolent racism, benevolent sexism)
  • Tend to be envious of those that are more successful or powerful than them
  • Generally more unprincipled, with their beliefs tethered by unaxiomatic systems despite their strong intuitive moral convictions
  • Pie in the sky idealism
  • Fervent supporters of political correctness
  • Far too trusting of big government to mend every societal ill
  • Tend to be more economically illiterate & believe many issues can be solved by just simply throwing more money at it
  • Their psychological disposition is generally more neurotic & temperamental
  • Very poor understanding of why people may disagree with their politics
  • Tend to be much more insulated from dissenting viewpoints
  • Seem to be chronically allergic to personal responsibility

Conservatives:

Pros:
  • Hardworking & conscientious
  • Pragmatic
  • Generally more well-versed in history, economics, finance, and business
  • Far greater sense of community & charity
  • In my personal experience, they're just generally more pleasant and friendlier to be around
  • Generally have a better understanding of liberals than the other way around

Cons:
  • Far too caught up in their old-timey conventional ways; fear of change
  • Claim to be the party of "small government", but will gladly wield the state as a cudgel when it's politically expedient for their personal interests
  • Tend to be more superficial, placing far too much importance on matters such as wealth and status
  • Can be a bit too harsh and unforgiving when it comes to crime & justice
  • Believe that order can only be maintained through rigid authority
  • Over-reliance on experience, as opposed to theories and abstractions
  • Overly-critical of democracy
  • An aversion towards globalization/internationalism in favor of blind nationalism
  • Will ardently defend social hierarchies and the status quo, insofar that it benefits them