• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nihilism44

nihilism44

trying my best
May 2, 2021
I'm wondering about propofol as a option for ctb..
To give some background, propofol is used as an anesthetic in both human and vet med. Surprisingly, It is not a controlled substance. The DEA does not monitor usage of propofol AT ALL. It would still be difficult to obtain, but not nearly as difficult as a controlled substance. Nembutal is a schedule 2 controlled substance. 99% of the time, N is ONLY used in vet med for euthanasia(in America), so it is heavily monitored, and both very illegal and pricey to obtain. Propofol causes lack of consciousness and respiratory depression, similar to N. The downside is that it would have to be injected intravenously (which is almost impossible to do without another person present, as you would lose consciousness before being able to finish injection) and I believe it to be extremely short-acting, so I don't think you can use an IV-Drip? I'm just not completely sure of the ins and outs of how death would occur with it. It seems like it would be extremely peaceful if it worked. Anyone with a pharmacy/human med background able to chime in?

Last edited:
Reactions: I should go and little helpers
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
To give some background, propofol is used as an anesthetic in both human and vet med. Surprisingly, It is not a controlled substance. The DEA does not monitor usage of propofol AT ALL. It would still be difficult to obtain, but not nearly as difficult as a controlled substance. Nembutal is a schedule 2 controlled substance. 99% of the time, N is ONLY used in vet med for euthanasia(in America), so it is heavily monitored, and both very illegal and pricey to obtain. Propofol causes lack of consciousness and respiratory depression, similar to N. The downside is that it would have to be injected intravenously (which is almost impossible to do without another person present, as you would lose consciousness before being able to finish injection) and I believe it to be extremely short-acting, so I don't think you can use an IV-Drip? I'm just not completely sure of the ins and outs of how death would occur with it. It seems like it would be extremely peaceful if it worked. Anyone with a pharmacy/human med background able to chime in?

I don't have the background you're looking for but it sounds like it might be hard to use alone? Maybe it could be combined with another method as backup?

intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021

Re: availability, if you're in the US, you're far more likely to get vet. N than propofol.

Reactions: Sides, Sunset Limited and little helpers
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
funny how I logged back on to Bluelight after YEARS and that place is still alive?! I left the forum thinking everyone has fucking died.

anyways. I checked on Bluelight. the conclusion is you'll wake up if you're doing self-administration. there do be the rare lethal risk unambiguously named "propofol infusion syndrome". but apparently this shit is extremely short-acting and the rare occurrence of the syndrome doesn't happen until after 3 hours of infusion. besides the fact that propofol injections are kind of a pain in the ass to prepare (has to be an emulsion).

so, I don't think it's gonna achieve death.

Reactions: nihilism44
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
funny how I logged back on to Bluelight after YEARS and that place is still alive?! I left the forum thinking everyone has fucking died.

anyways. I checked on Bluelight. the conclusion is you'll wake up if you're doing self-administration. there do be the rare lethal risk unambiguously named "propofol infusion syndrome". but apparently this shit is extremely short-acting and the rare occurrence of the syndrome doesn't happen until after 3 hours of infusion. besides the fact that propofol injections are kind of a pain in the ass to prepare (has to be an emulsion).

so, I don't think it's gonna achieve death.
Sorry, that's not true. The toxicity of propofol is related to its blood concentrations. An infusion that can maintain a blood concentration of 30µg/ml will cause the airway to collapse. The propofol infusion rate required for this is probably 8-9 times the upper maintenance limit of 20mg/min. An infusion of this dose causes profound hypotension and circulatory collapse within minutes. Remember the nurses and doctors died with boluses of 50-100mg just to get some sleep. A fast bolus of 200mg probably will kill you without ventilation support and healthcare professionals. Of course, this dose may vary according to the person's body weight, drug addiction and health parameters.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Escapee, archipelago, nihilism44 and 1 other person
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
Sorry, that's not true. The toxicity of propofol is related to its blood concentrations. An infusion that can maintain a blood concentration of 30µg/ml will cause the airway to collapse. The propofol infusion rate required for this is probably 8-9 times the upper maintenance limit of 20mg/min. An infusion of this dose causes profound hypotension and circulatory collapse within minutes. Remember the nurses and doctors died with boluses of 50-100mg just to get some sleep. A fast bolus of 200mg probably will kill you without ventilation support and healthcare professionals. Of course, this dose may vary according to the person's body weight, drug addiction and health parameters.

@nihilism44 listen to this guy. I apologize for the misinformation.

• Love
Reactions: nihilism44 and Sunset Limited
nihilism44

nihilism44

trying my best
May 2, 2021
How quickly would a fast bolus of that dose kill you most likely? Is there a risk of waking up, aware, but paralyzed and unable to breathe? That's my worst fear. Like I said before, I'm only familiar with the pharmacodynamics in animals due to my job, so I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

Reactions: I should go
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

Jul 29, 2019
How quickly would a fast bolus of that dose kill you most likely? Is there a risk of waking up, aware, but paralyzed and unable to breathe? That's my worst fear. Like I said before, I'm only familiar with the pharmacodynamics in animals due to my job, so I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
A quick bolus can kill you, but it's still a gamble. I'll do it by infusion. I will put 4000mg of propofol in an IV bag, infuse it with two IV accesses.

Reactions: Escapee and Euthanza
KONIJATOR133

KONIJATOR133

Jan 17, 2022
A quick bolus can kill you, but it's still a gamble. I'll do it by infusion. I will put 4000mg of propofol in an IV bag, infuse it with two IV accesses.
Would be a Quick infusion of 25ml (250mg) be enough ?

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

Jul 29, 2019
Would be a Quick infusion of 25ml (250mg) be enough ?
Although rapid boluses are dangerous, they do not offer a guarantee for CTB. It depends on your age, health parameters, weight, airway, drug addiction. Health professionals have died with far less, but still, there is no guarantee.

Last edited: