Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I really hate pro lifers, I made a burner Twitter account to argue with them and their stupid ass agenda but it's really getting to me. I make proper arguments and they just keep repeating the same shit all over again or point out some bs non related thing. Their views just can't be changed, I wanna delete the Twitter account but then I feel like I'm just letting them say what they wanna say and all the lies they're spreading. I don't know if I should keep "fighting" or just ignore it all together. Everytime I see another sickening tweet from them it makes me stressed out and I kinda feel like they're controlling me which disgusts me but I also wanna stop them from spewing lies about out forum

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Disappointered and 8 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I used to do that but quit. My mental health is far more important than dealing with some random toxic haters.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Deleted member 94, 262653 and 8 others
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I would try to point out some hard solid evidence they cannot change or refute try to make them see through my eyes and if they are too stupid to see the truth then I would give up

Reactions: Nymph
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If it's stressing you out so much, it's better to try to ignore them.
You won't get them to change their minds, no matter how good your arguments are or how valid your points.
Most of them are close-minded, have little idea about mental illness, and lack compassion and understanding.
Many of them may even be trolls or NPCs who get off on riling up suicidal people.
They're not worth your time.

Reactions: Deleted member 94, Disappointered, Nymph and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Don't feed the trolls unless you know how to make them feed you first. Part of dealing with a troll is knowing how to make them grasp for anything relevant and then leave them hanging so that they're left in a state of confusion and curiosity. Checkmate bitches.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i wouldnt bother if its messing with you mentally, thats why i hang out here less

Reactions: Deleted member 94 and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I would try to point out some hard solid evidence they cannot change or refute try to make them see through my eyes and if they are too stupid to see the truth then I would give up
That's what I did! But then they straight up ignored it. I posted a bunch of screenshots(with people's name crossed out unlike what prolifers do) and they ignored it
Don't feed the trolls unless you know how to make them feed you first. Part of dealing with a troll is knowing how to make them grasp for anything relevant and then leave them hanging so that they're left in a state of confusion and curiosity. Checkmate bitches.
Lol
If it's stressing you out so much, it's better to try to ignore them.
You won't get them to change their minds, no matter how good your arguments are or how valid your points.
Most of them are close-minded, have little idea about mental illness, and lack compassion and understanding.
Many of them may even be trolls or NPCs who get off on riling up suicidal people.
They're not worth your time.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I just feel like they manipulated me so much that now it's hard to stay off of it and not fall into their trap;-;

• Aww..
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I kinda feel like they're controlling me which disgusts me but I also wanna stop them from spewing lies about out forum
They are in a way controlling you and to be honest who cares.
even if this site goes down and cannot be backed up we will gather somewhere else.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
They are in a way controlling you and to be honest who cares.
even if this site goes down and cannot be backed up we will gather somewhere else.
I don't wanna be controlled by those pro life assholes tho, how do I forget about them and get those disgusting ppl out of my head ;-;;-;

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I don't wanna be controlled by those pro life assholes tho, how do I forget about them and get those disgusting ppl out of my head ;-;;-;
look at some cute anime girls or listen to some music.
Tell me a genera you like and I may suggest something

• Love
Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
I wouldn't worry about them -- I echo the previous sentiments to stop interacting. They are so obviously the B Team with piss-poor political strategy. Folks with real political power or knowledge of effective grassroots movements would never be as ham-handed as they are. They seem to think they are powerful because they are parents. I mean, what? They seem to have little understanding of law, legislative process, and the international nature of the internet. It's silly. Responding only gives them more credibility; it's counterproductive.

And speaking of counterproductive -- how many of us *found* this website because of their attempts to use the media? And now they shared a screenshot with someone's detailed suicide plan? They are literally feeding this website. Like I said, it's silly.

Take care of your mental health. Ignore them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, Nymph and hoping to lose hope
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I did the same but honestly fighting with them is pointless. They treat us as mentally disabled and they can't use (or maybe don't know) arguments other than 'go to psych ward'. It's best to ignore them.

Reactions: Deleted member 94, esse_est_percipi and Nymph
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Try to only worry about things within your control.
You cannot control what goes on in pro-lifers' heads, or what they write.

The way to get them to stop controlling you is to stop caring about what they say.
The way to stop caring about what they say is to accept that things are as they are, and cannot be otherwise.

Letting them affect you so much implies that you have some doubts about the validity of your own beliefs.
If you know that 2 + 2 = 4, then a troll or demagogue coming along and telling you that 2 + 2 = 5 using sophistry and emotional appeals, would leave you unaffected and tranquil.

• Love
Reactions: 262653 and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Try to only worry about things within your control.
You cannot control what goes on in pro-lifers' heads, or what they write.

The way to get them to stop controlling you is to stop caring about what they say.
The way to stop caring about what they say is to accept that things are as they are, and cannot be otherwise.

Letting them affect you so much implies that you have some doubts about the validity of your own beliefs.
If you know that 2 + 2 = 4, then a troll or demagogue coming along and telling you that 2 + 2 = 5 using sophistry and emotional appeals, would leave you unaffected and tranquil.
Yeah it's hard to stop caring tho:( I'll try though I guess. I hate how they try to affect me and my mentality. They're so damn toxic and try make me feel bad
There's not much I can do besides that-just try and not care

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Why engage? Just like how you can't understand their perspective, they will never understand yours. And neither of you ever needs to change your mind.

I guarantee you that most of the people using the term pro-life are either 1) trolls who just want to make fun of the mentally ill, or 2) well-meaning people -- usually those who have a personal experience with suicidal ideation -- who only want to help you, albeit in a very pushy and unneccessary way.

Remember that thinking this way is not normal. A great majority of the world will never, ever have mental or physical illness so severe that they end up rationally deciding to take their lives. Trying to convert people who find the idea of pro-choice justifiably shocking is just pointless. They will never know what it's like to be in this situation, they think you are only going to be sad for a moment, just like when they feel sad. All you can do is be assured in your beliefs, block them, and ignore it. If they wanted to learn, they'd do it themselves.

HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
I'll say the same as I've said on another post,

I find it hysterically hypocritical that there are pro-lifers here in disguise that are screenshotting articles (that they manipulate to go in their favour) from here. The same people are bashing us for how "evil and disgusting" we are as human beings because apparently it's atrocious behaviour to say farewell to somebody ending their life.
What they can't seem to fathom is that they are making the situation for some members here far much worse.

Members here now feel bullied, cornered, outed and vulnerable. Unable to open up about their feelings or speak about what's on their mind just in case it's used as click-bait in their battle to paint or names red.

Just what you want to make someone who is suicidal feel like.

Fucking idiots the lot of them.

Also, the irony in saying we post methods of suicide here. While screenshotting said methods and showing it to the world.

Truth is, I had NO IDEA what SN was until their advertising.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Deleted member 94, Weather and 3 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I wonder if they've ever stopped to think about whether their crusade to get this site shut down using harassment, bullying and gaslighting has actually caused some people to feel even more lost and depressed, even increasing their risk of ctb?

Would they even care? Theirs seems to be a scorched earth policy, so I doubt it.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Deleted member 94, 262653 and 2 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
What is there to even fight? Why upset yourself with something that doesn't concern you? If you are pro-choice, then that's just about where your philosophy ends. You can choose to end your life and you support that right in others. No one is stopping you. No one is stopping anyone from killing themselves. What you're disagreeing with is someone elses opinion. This isn't some fight for freedom.

You people are all bonkers.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I wonder if they've ever stopped to think about whether their crusade to get this site shut down using harassment, bullying and gaslighting has actually caused some people to feel even more lost and depressed, even increasing their risk of ctb?

Would they even care? Theirs seems to be a scorched earth policy, so I doubt it.
Yeah, that's exactly what's been happening to me. I'm definitely gonna reduce the time I spend on there
What is there to even fight? Why upset yourself with something that doesn't concern you? If you are pro-choice, then that's just about where your philosophy ends. You can choose to end your life and you support that right in others. No one is stopping you. No one is stopping anyone from killing themselves. What you're disagreeing with is someone elses opinion. This isn't some fight for freedom.

They are fighting and gathering people to take SS down, this isn't just about the philosophy but about them destroying this place where I feel safe at. I can't open up like this anywhere else. I love SS, I know they might now have much power now to take it down but in a few years they could
Can I see the argument?
All of it is on Twitter, just search for sanctionedsui (SS official Twitter)

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Lick their tears. It's better they walk away mad instead of walking away thinking they won.

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, that's exactly what's been happening to me. I'm definitely gonna reduce the time I spend on there

They are fighting and gathering people to take SS down, this isn't just about the philosophy but about them destroying this place where I feel safe at. I can't open up like this anywhere else. I love SS, I know they might now have much power now to take it down but in a few years they could

All of it is on Twitter, just search for sanctionedsui (SS official Twitter)

Is this the arugment

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Is this the arugment

Nah, he's one of the prolifers but there's many people. I interacted with some of the ppl. You're on Telegram right? Dm me there (Cyber Faerie) and I can dm you what I mean if you're still interested.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020

I think it's important to distinguish so-called pro-lifers, who absolutely have a right to hold the opinion that suicide is always morally wrong or whatever they believe, from the fixthe26 people and other groups, who are actively trying to get this site shut down and are using dishonesty, manipulation and bullying to do so.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Disappointered, Nymph and 1 other person
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I think it's important to distinguish so-called pro-lifers, who absolutely have a right to hold the opinion that suicide is always morally wrong or whatever they believe, from the fixthe26 people and other groups, who are actively trying to get this site shut down and are using dishonesty, manipulation and bullying to do so.
They've been ominously silent for a few days. It was cute how they were trying to intimidate me, even though I told them I am suicidal. Do they really think that people who have nothing left to lose hold any type of fear? Interacting with them does not upset me in the least, I've been around worse people both online and IRL. They are amateurs. Keep raging impotently, fuxers, I've got plenty of popcorn.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, Nymph, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
They've been ominously silent for a few days. It was cute how they were trying to intimidate me, even though I told them I am suicidal. Do they really think that people who have nothing left to lose hold any type of fear? Interacting with them does not upset me in the least, I've been around worse people both online and IRL. They are amateurs. Keep raging impotently, fuxers, I've got plenty of popcorn.
How do I obtain your power

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
How do I obtain your power

Everytime I see another sickening tweet from them it makes me stressed out and I kinda feel like they're controlling me which disgusts me but I also wanna stop them from spewing lies about out forum

Sounds like you need the AA Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

It can be applied to all types of things not just addiction. However, if you are focused on giving a few people attention that are getting none from their intended audience, then maybe you have an addiction?? Don't be on the defensive. :blarg: I'm purposely over-extrapolating just to make a point. I want to make it very clear that you have the choice to validate them or not.

You can't make them stop. And they will see these posts and laugh that you are being affected. Don't give them that gratification. They aren't worth it. They know they are in a losing battle and they are pitifully HODL-ing (Hanging On for Dear Life.)

Reactions: 262653 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga