• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Are there pro-suicide sites?

I would not put SS in that category because its much more about choice than being pro.

I hear about sites - such as Kiwifarms, but when I read them, I don't see much on suicide - a few things, but not something that would make it a pro site

Am I misreading things?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I don't think there are sites explicitly pro suicide. Anti natalism leaning subreddits or website do tend to have pro suicide views though

Reactions: steppingoff
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Kiwifarms is definitely not pro-suicide. Some angrier members will hope their pet "lolcow" dies, and suicide is sometimes discussed when part of a newsworthy topic, but discussions on suicide methods are explicitly banned and the site owner has stated that it's not an appropriate forum to discuss them or suicidal ideation. Some members think freedom of autonomy dictates that people should be allowed to CTB if they choose, others think suicide is selfish/weak/dramatic, others just feel bad for people who CTB. YMMV, I'm not sure whether it's lifefuel or ropefuel not to read about all the people who live these batty, insane, degenerate, filthy, unstable lives and still have far more will to live than I do lmao.

It's tough to find other pro-suicide sites, not just because search engines deliberately refuse to index them, hard to find hosts, etc. but many smaller ones are also locked behind registration and verification to avoid negative press. I agree that antinatalists forums/subreddits tend to be pro-suicide but I find them a little whinier than places like SaSu and often more focused on hoping other people die/being bitter at people with happy lives than about CTB.

Depression forums on Reddit are hit-or-miss, some are touchy-feely pro-life and others validate or at least empathize with suicidal thoughts. You'll also find some NEET/Foreveralone forums that are quite frank about the likelihood of committing suicide once their parents or guardians die, whether because of no further support system, sadness, or just no longer having to live for anyone. Few methods to be found in these places though. Reddit even bans looking up the term CTB and just redirects you to a hotline resource.

Wish I could give concrete site names but they are elusive. I hear you though, I appreciate SaSu but I never like limiting myself to just one forum.