autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
It's ironic the way hearing pro-lifers talk about life just makes me want to end it even more.
I had a class on Tuesday (Ethics lol) and the instructor went on this nonstop rant about how "life isn't fair" and how you can go through traumatic events and still have to go to work the next day.
And I just laughed to myself because, while she was trying to give us some tough words of encouragement about surviving in the "real world" (I guess), it just highlighted why I want to ctb.
Life sucks, and there's nothing we can do about it. "Life's not fair" is one of the many phrases people like her use to justify throwing your hands up and letting everyone else suffer because you just so happened to have gotten a better deal in life. "Sucks to be you, I guess" would be a more accurate way to get that message across.
It's just really disappointing to know that out of all the realities we could've gotten, we got this one.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: TheSource, WhatPowerIs, lwlaiet8887 and 26 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You are right, after all of this "motivation" that we're receiving I still feel as if life isn't worth the struggle and life becomes less and less appealing to me over time. All of this false "hope" or "motivation" from the pro-lifers make me want to ctb even more than before.

• Hugs
Reactions: Costrecce, Prime0, Hollowman and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
People enjoy the challenge of overcoming obstacles if they are successful, and sometimes can demonstrate extraordinary capabilities in doing so. This is where the motivational mindset comes from, and all the stories of heroic journeys that always prove popular.

In practice, it will all boil down to a formula including motivation vs. the size/quantity of the obstacles and our realistic capabilities. Lacking motivation guarantees failure, and lacking the means to overcome challenges will eventually lead to an unfortunate end, too. Though it takes a heck of a lot to kill a motivated person. I think that's the main takeaway.

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン, Forever Sleep, lachrymost and 3 others
B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
life would be worth living if the social contract wasn't obliterated down to where 99% of the world is living a literal sisyphus simulator

Reactions: TheSource, lwlaiet8887, vault and 4 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Things pro-lifers—or just people who want to cheer me up—say that only serve to highlight why I want to die:

-"Life isn't fair." (As OP brought up.)
-"Everybody has to _ [whatever I'm complaining about]." / "Everybody has to do things they don't want to do."
-"Other people are able to get over that, and worse!"
-"There's always someone better/worse off than you."
-"You have your whole life ahead of you!"
-"Pain is unavoidable in life."
-"You have to focus on the positive or else you'll be miserable."
-"It's a lot of work, time, and money to get better, but you have to keep at it." / "You just have to keep going."

• Love
Reactions: TheSource, WhatPowerIs, Aloneisbestforme and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Like- yeah- that's the problem! I'm always tempted to say that or- not necessarily. Any of us could potentially die tomorrow.

I think I've heard all of those things though.

Reactions: lachrymost
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
This is the one that pushed me over the edge from periodically suicidal to planning my death 24/7.

I was about 14 at the time, and I realized that statistically I had 60+ years left. It felt like losing hundreds of feet of altitude on a turbulent flight, and then getting sick.

It is possible that this was not the effect that Ms. Tough Love Life Lesson Relative intended to have. A bit late now, though.

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
lol exactly like you're pouting out the exact reasons why I want to die. why is it so weird that I want to die

Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Things pro-lifers—or just people who want to cheer me up—say that only serve to highlight why I want to die:

-"Life isn't fair." (As OP brought up.)
-"Everybody has to _ [whatever I'm complaining about]." / "Everybody has to do things they don't want to do."
-"Other people are able to get over that, and worse!"
-"There's always someone better/worse off than you."
-"Pain is unavoidable in life."
-"You have to focus on the positive or else you'll be miserable."
-"It's a lot of work, time, and money to get better, but you have to keep at it." / "You just have to keep going."
I mean, what a crock of shit, people are really fucktarded assholes, none of that is evidence or logic explaining why life is beautiful or worth it. If anything, these excuses make existence sound like an insufferable curse, and those spouting them as equally insufferable imbeciles I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 ft pole.

If life was inherently worth it you wouldn't need to use glib phrases, religious fables, or empty platitudes, as excuses and coping mechanisms, you would just enjoy it because the suffering would either be non-existent, or substantially exceeded by joy, either because it just is that way by default, or because everyone would genuinely want to work to ensure that this outcome occurs, and you could control your circumstances so that they would be favorable to you.

Also, the "you have your whole life ahead of you" claim is exactly the problem, and could easily be viewed as a reason to CTB, as you have your entire existence to be possibly tortured to the point that you might not wish to stay alive anymore, even if you were previously happy.

That's because:

1. Bad is stronger than good, as in bad events have a greater impact than positive ones;
2. The dead can't wish to be alive to experience whatever joy life could or would otherwise have given them (unless you believe that either there is an afterlife, or that such an afterlife is worse than being alive, but I don't think there is evidenfe for that), but the living can indeed wish to be dead, because suffering is a problem, while the absence of pleasure is not unless and until someone can be deprived of it;

Life doesn't solve any problem it didn't first create, and if I created a robot functioning the same way, I'm quite sure people would say that it sucks, and that it was stupid to create it on my part. But when life does the same shit, suddenly it's not only all ok, but anyone who doesn't see stupidity and absurdity as good is defective or "sick".

Last edited:
Reactions: lachrymost and Aloneisbestforme
dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
"oh gee wow a whole life of being in miserable and in pain. how delightful" is what id think. i remember in middle school just walking and thinking about ways i could die. i wish i couldve died back then. my death wouldve had more meaning to people back then. i was so stupid, i had so so so many chances but i just didnt know how easy drugs were to get when youre within 50 miles of a large city

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Literally, pro life is the most cruel and heartless position to take and the way it's so normalized in society makes me believe there's no one except us to actually make logistical defences for our positions.

NeedPeace83

NeedPeace83

Sep 9, 2023
Venturing into the unknown with a blindfold but keep moving forward no matter what!!

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Yeah, it's just prison logic. What you'd hear in a sane 21st century society:
  • "We've automated work down to 5 hrs/week. Life must be fair!"
  • "Rationality demands we assess the positives & negatives"
  • "We abolished borders. You have the whole world ahead of you!"
  • "Pain is unavoidable in life. Until next month, when we release that pill"
  • "No one has to do things they don't want to do"

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
ppl r just incapable of understanding that ctbing is prob the best option u hv in this torment