itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
So yesterday I remembered I have a private pension, it's not exactly a large amount but more than enough to cover any potential funeral costs.

My first ever post here, was enquiring about if there was a way off preventing my family from paying.

I've made sure my beneficiaries are correct and upto date.

I've scoured the policy's & Reddit and can't find anything linked to ctb & private pension. I guess that is a good sign!

Does anyone know off & or know any cases where the cause of death (ctb) has given the pension company a way of not paying to my predecessor? In the U.K that is.

I'm more than likely going to email my pension company, I'm a little concerned if there made awareness of my possible plan, could they do anything to once again block payments etc?

It'd be a massively appreciated if someone could help me, as I'm sure most of you imagine- minimising impact on loved ones is crucial for peace.

Thanks

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What kind of private pension is this? If it's a life insurance they may not pay in the case of suicide but if you have actual savings there they will be passed on to the successors. Savings are yours not sth that an insurance granted to pay in the case of death which usually exceeds the savings and what you paid into your insurance plan.

Checking the details of your contract will answer everything, everything else is speculation here.

Reactions: itsalittlecold
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
What kind of private pension is this? If it's a life insurance they may not pay in the case of suicide but if you have actual savings there they will be passed on to the successors. Savings are yours not sth that an insurance granted to pay in the case of death which usually exceeds the savings and what you paid into your insurance plan.

Checking the details of your contract will answer everything, everything else is speculation here.
Not sure why i didn't think of searching for my contract!
It's a personal plan- investment scheme, i came out of work around 2 years ago though so just had it sat there and just remembered.

That's great to know thanks for that! It makes a lot of sense to why I couldn't find a single incident off it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori