W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, unfortunately, it's true.
If you're not part of the "beauty standards of this society" , everything is harder. Even having lots of subscribers on YouTube lol.

• Love
Reactions: death137, Scribble Fan and Journeytoletgo
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I personally wouldnt call it a "privilage" to be treated poorly.

"Pretty" or not is both a case of being treated like shit and neither in a good way.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Holy shit that was hard to watch, annoying.

• Yay!
Reactions: Life_and_Death
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Yes, unfortunately, it's true.
If you're not part of the "beauty standards of this society" , everything is harder. Even having lots of subscribers on YouTube lol.

So why do people gas light people and ignore the issue in society? Of course average and above average humans won't care because it doesn't affect them however for the below average and then the objectively ugly it matters because they live it. This is why I'm glad future tech will be available for genetic engineering to select favorable characteristics so unborn children do not have to be born to suffer 70+ years and then be tortured and socially excluded. Who wants to live like that? A life of unfulfilling and misery

yeah she didn't say much there lol just reinforcing the privilege exist

• Love
Reactions: death137, UseItOrLoseIt and WornOutLife
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
This is why I'm glad future tech will be available for genetic engineering to select favorable characteristics so unborn children do not have to be born to suffer 70+ years and then be tortured and socially excluded. Who wants to live like that? A life of unfulfilling and misery
i dont understand. youd rather change yourself in order to get negative attention instead of demand the respect you deserve just for being human? people shouldnt be treated differently and much like how a colored person sat in the back of the bus* nothing is going to change unless 'you' change it. *(if i recall, at the very least most will know who im talking about and will probably correct me even though ive read it several times, im sure it will sink in at some point but the point is still there.)

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
How was that girl ever not pretty? Was she overweight? That aside, I started noticing this when I stopped dressing like a tomboy - though that was also a lot of homophobia lifting, to be sure.
i dont understand. youd rather change yourself in order to get negative attention instead of demand the respect you deserve just for being human? people shouldnt be treated differently and much like how a colored person sat in the back of the bus* nothing is going to change unless 'you' change it. *(if i recall, at the very least most will know who im talking about and will probably correct me even though ive read it several times, im sure it will sink in at some point but the point is still there.)
Eh, it's very hard to turn a preference for pretty people off. You basically have to make a conscious decision to reverse discriminate. It is natural for ulterior motives and motivated reasoning to work their magic. That's why those terms exist and are well understood. Maybe I'm just a defeatist asshole, but I'd rather give my kid as many advantages as I could afford to give them.
You annoyed with the girl or the message or the reality she's describing?

Last edited:
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Yep pretty privilege is real. Anyone who says otherwise is a big liar.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo