JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
Hi, I have autism + adhd and chronic anxiety, so going outside is beyond stressful and sends me into full panic attacks. Even being around family in my house makes my symptoms flare up. My girlfriend's going to university in two weeks and we won't be seeing each other for a while. I hardly see them much or message them as I can't stress enough, the anxiety it causes me is insufferable. They have always been understanding and says they like the time apart as it gives them time to learn about themselves and appreciate their own company. It's me and my girlfriend's two year anniversary tomorrow and they want to see me for our anniversary and before they leave. I adore my girlfriend and crave talking to them every day but I can't. Does anyone have any tips on anxiety or anything that could help this situation? They are beyond understanding and constantly reassure me that they don't see themselves with anyone else but me and will happily stay with me through everything, but I feel terrible. I am unable to get meds at the moment and unable to text without crying and dissociating. Anyone relate or can help?

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I've been listening to a lot of Gabor Mate recently. He argues that things like adhd and anxiety are not genetic but linked to childhood trauma. He would suggest you delve into your past and "unlock the door" only then can you take steps on getting better. He has a lot of talks on YouTube if you want to check him out

• Hugs
Reactions: JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I've been listening to a lot of Gabor Mate recently. He argues that things like adhd and anxiety are not genetic but linked to childhood trauma. He would suggest you delve into your past and "unlock the door" only then can you take steps on getting better. He has a lot of talks on YouTube if you want to check him out
I appreciate it…! I'll check him out now :)

Reactions: carac
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I appreciate it…! I'll check him out now :)
I have anxiety too so there are lots of things I could suggest trying like graded exposure, meditation, you can even get a little comfort stone you carry around in you pocket. There are youtubers like therapy in a nutshell that give advice. I'm not really a fan of medication, that can help also but it sounds like you already use that. The things is until you get to the root of the problem these will all just be coping mechanisms when actually the anxiety could be an unconscious coping mechanism for something else hidden deep down.

• Love
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Well, I'm not sure if this is going to help. I know that this is going to sound cliche, but based of my experience I've seen that the more we think about things, the more it prevents us and creates anxiety. Try to not think about it, distract yourself from even thinking of it and just believe that you'll do amazing no matter what. Just force yourself to do it and before going there, try this technique: stand up, straighten your posture, imagine your a king/queen and around you are followers surrounding you who look up to you, try to shift your neck like your observing your followers from left and right and broaden your shoulders. In your mind believe that all of these people look up to you and will be emulating you. Not sure if this will work, but it might give you a bit of confidence. Im sorry if im rambling.

• Love
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I have anxiety too so there are lots of things I could suggest trying like graded exposure, meditation, you can even get a little comfort stone you carry around in you pocket. There are youtubers like therapy in a nutshell that give advice. I'm not really a fan of medication, that can help also but it sounds like you already use that. The things is until you get to the root of the problem these will all just be coping mechanisms when actually the anxiety could be an unconscious coping mechanism for something else hidden deep down.
I watched a bunch of his lectures and they were super insightful I appreciate it a lot…! And the comfort stone idea is one I'll definitely try out. I used to wear a crystal a few years ago but grew anxious of people seeing it so I stopped, but it helped subconsciously.

Reactions: carac