Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I feel like everytime I used to smoke bud it would be like pushing the reset button on all of my mental progress up until that point and reverting to some sort of "starting point" or 0. Perhaps if you smoke you know what I'm saying? It's almost like you're cheating your brain for an escape in that moment from "present consciousness" for whatever reason. Regardless it wasn't constructive or helpful at all. I'm happy to be off it, if I'd kept hitting that reset button I feel like I would have never beaten the game, whereas now I'm on my way. That's the best way I can describe it...can anyone relate to this? I haven't smoked in about two months, I had a stupid accident while stoned and had to move back "home" but it's not really my home.

Reactions: starrvingstar
tetra

tetra

supernova
Jun 13, 2022
I checked the forum today specifically looking for a topic like this. I've been smoking for about 5 years now with breaks in-between that only last anywhere from a few weeks to a couple months at a time. I tried to quit a few times in the last couple of years, but the hurdle of amplified negative feelings has kept me from "beating the game". I was pretty inconsolable when I first started, and it's going to take a lot of effort to make sure that when I do get sober I won't embarrass myself by being an emotional mess. Cheating the game by keeping my brain fuzzy so often makes me second-guess and forget the words i'm trying to say. And when I do say them, they come out wrong. But it also keeps me second-guessing and forgetting how i'm feeling. Any tips to confronting and getting over emotional hurdles so I can beat the game? Meditation has been a nice habit to pick up. Turning stress into motivation has been a tricky one for me though.

Reactions: Csmith8827
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
No clue, what forced me to stop/wise up was me getting so badly injured and fucking up my life to the point where I was like "enough is enough.../this cannot happen ever again..." And so yea... I don't know what you could do about emotional hurdles...maybe another user will post something to help you out. Best of luck "beating the game."

I really understood this part:
Cheating the game by keeping my brain fuzzy so often makes me second-guess and forget the words i'm trying to say. And when I do say them, they come out wrong. But it also keeps me second-guessing and forgetting how i'm feeling.
That's exactly what smoking pot did to me for so long....

hikikomorei

hikikomorei

૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა tired
Apr 8, 2023
this is very relatable. it is cheating the game. keeping you fuzzy to stop you actually feeling and processing your emotions and problems. so they just sit there, and you don't progress. i stopped using weed this year after similar issues said here. i wish it could be enjoyable for me like it used to, but i was a foolish little teen when i started smoking so inevitably the interference with my brain development lead to it becoming a monster that gave me the stressful highs i get now.

Dec 19, 2021
When I have it, my preference is to use it once or twice a week. This keeps me from building up a tolerance to it and gives me something to look forward to. It also keeps me from becoming addicted to it. It's been almost two years now since I've smoked, however, I plan to change that soon!