• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Catzini1951

Dec 4, 2020
Hello. I am newly registered. I suffer debilitating depression. I am 70 years old. I have over time and illnesses accumulated a few prescribed pain pills. Can anyone tell me a quantity I would need to go to sleep and not wake up? I don't want to botch this. I have thought this thru and I am tired now. Any advice appreciated. Thank you. Catz

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Conservative political commentator Rush Limbaugh was taking up to 30 oxycodone pills daily at the peak of his addiction 20 years ago, and it allegedly caused the hearing loss which forced him to temporarily retire. Now with terminal lung cancer, he's probably taking a higher dose now than he was back then. (What difference does it make when you're dying whether you're addicted to opioids or not?)

Limbaugh's example suggests it might be very difficult to go to sleep and not wake up with prescription pain pills alone. A potentiator might be required.

Polypharmacy is what can kill when it comes to prescription medications, not usually a single drug.

Historically, Marilyn Monroe died because her quack personal physician Hyman Engleberg prescribed her BOTH Nembutal AND chloral hydrate for sleep, and then perjured himself by lying all the rest of his long life in adamantly denying ever prescribing her chloral hydrate. (That was a ballsy thing to do, considering the fact the empty bottle of chloral hydrate with his name on the label was photographed on her bedside table, along with the fact of the hard copy of his handwritten prescription for that chloral hydrate never being back in his possession. In fact, Marilyn's psychiatrist Ralph Greenson should have been prescribing those medications if anybody was. Greenson died at age 68 in 1979, Engleberg at age 92 in 2005, so Engleberg's self serving bullshit side of the story prevailed for decades. That chloral hydrate prescription order sold at auction for $1,664.00 in 2011, and the hard copy image is online for everybody to see.) Nembutal alone might be enough to kill someone, chloral hydrate might be enough to kill someone, but in Hollywood's most famous drug OD death, it took two drugs, and neither of them was an opioid.

Where you are located can effect your access to the opportunity to go to sleep without waking up. There are some right to die states and nations that might avail you of physician assisted suicide or physician administered euthanasia.

Reactions: Catzini1951
C

Catzini1951

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you Gnip. Your reply prompted me to review the qty of Oxy, Hydro, Perc, Tram I have and the total is more like 60. I have access to a med to slow my heartbeat and an anti anxiety med as well. Also, an anti nausea med because all of this sounds like an issue keeping down. Right to die States work for terminally ill patients as does Dignitas. Nembutal would be my choice, however, it sounds like sourcing is almost impossible.

Reactions: Gnip
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Sorry to tell u but pain pills rarely succeed .. U are better off researching a bit more for alternative means ...

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Well.....not the answers I hoped for but so relieved to have found this forum prior to my attempt. Thank you everyone. I will continue to search for the peaceful solution.
We cannot suggest u any methods as per the rules. U will have to figure that out by researching the resources threads .. W can only help tweak ur methods or suggest improvements ...

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Thank you Gnip. Your reply prompted me to review the qty of Oxy, Hydro, Perc, Tram I have and the total is more like 60. I have access to a med to slow my heartbeat and an anti anxiety med as well. Also, an anti nausea med because all of this sounds like an issue keeping down. Right to die States work for terminally ill patients as does Dignitas. Nembutal would be my choice, however, it sounds like sourcing is almost impossible.

Dignitas has been reported to help those who are not terminally ill. If you have not contacted them, it might be worth your while. I did not automatically assume you were not defined as terminally ill, but strictly speaking we all are terminally ill, unless we enjoy non aging biological immortality. Your choice, your right to decide when you should go. Stick around a bit, and some new idea which works for you may turn up here. This appears to be a quiet moment for you to have joined this site. Wait a bit, if you're willing to.

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
Hello. I am newly registered. I suffer debilitating depression. I am 70 years old. I have over time and illnesses accumulated a few prescribed pain pills. Can anyone tell me a quantity I would need to go to sleep and not wake up? I don't want to botch this. I have thought this thru and I am tired now. Any advice appreciated. Thank you. Catz
Hi Catz,

Welcome to SS, you'll find many a weary traveller here who shares in your tiredness. I'm sorry you are suffering but I'm glad you found your way here. As others have said painkillers can be quite unreliable which is not the news you wanted to hear I know. But have a read around the forum. Like you I wish I could just take my stashes of meds and go to sleep but I'm glad I decided against that and came here in my search for a peaceful ending. I hope you choose to get to know us whilst you're here, I've found it makes the journey a little less lonely

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
We cannot suggest u any methods as per the rules. U will have to figure that out by researching the resources threads .. W can only help tweak ur methods or suggest improvements ...

If memory serves me however, there was an excellent scene in An American Werewolf in London outside an adult movie theater where David Kessler's numerous werewolf victims suggest various ways to kill himself before the next full moon. Sanctioned Suicide may be strangled (oops, I mean constrained) by rules against suggesting methods, but garden variety movies and television shows are always cool for lots and lots of ways to do these things (and then there are all the books, magazines, comics, etc...)...