• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Hey all, I wanted to ask for some help. So as much as I'm usually content now with having made my decision, the hardest part is saying goodbye to my pets. I'm crying even typing this and I do not cry often. They are the only family I really have. Now, what I am having trouble with is, what do I do to make sure they are taken care of? It's not an option for me to re-home them before I ctb because it would be beyond suspicious. I do have a friend here that I know would find homes for them, and I feel terrible to leave him with that burden...is there a way I can prepare some things for him? I was thinking of writing a "guide" for each of them, like about their personality, likes, dislikes, behaviors, training, etc. Obviously, all food and supplies would go to their new homes with them. But I was wondering if anyone had suggestions because ideally, I'd like to pave the way to rehoming them as much as I possibly can to reduce the burden on my friend. Also any advice on saying goodbye to them, how you deal with that, because damn if this isn't the hardest fucking part...Pics of the furry children in spoilers if anyone wants to see them, they are precious and deserve so much better than I can give them <3

A1FLerk.jpg
NTp8ajY.jpg
IGFhgvp.jpg

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Livinginhell, Lifeisatrap, H2H2 and 14 others
martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019

please take some time to reflect...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and Superfluous
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019

please take some time to reflect...

That's a nice song, thank you :) It's fun listening to see if I can recognize any words since I've been learning Dutch for a few years :P

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Beautiful pets.

I don't know where you're from, but @Roger had a good suggestion in his post on this thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/what-to-do-about-pets.16760/post-317190

I checked some of the other threads about pets, but didn't find anything useful. As to saying goodbye to them, it's very hard as I've just recently been through the same situation. I don't have any advice on how to deal with that unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, PatKat, LogicalConclusion and 2 others
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Beautiful pets.

I don't know where you're from, but @Roger had a good suggestion in his post on this thread:

I checked some of the other threads about pets, but didn't find anything useful. As to saying goodbye to them, it's very hard as I've just recently been through the same situation. I don't have any advice on how to deal with that unfortunately.

Thank you, I will take a look at that thread. :) I'm sorry that you're going through the same thing and I hope you are able to find good homes for your fur babies <3 It's definitely no easy thing to deal with

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
All taken care of a couple of weeks ago. She's now in very good hands:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/just-said-goodbye-to-my-cat.16193/

I hope you find good homes for them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, PatKat, Circles and 1 other person
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Ugh I just feel like such a selfish bastard because I know that even if it wouldn't be suspicious, I would still be unable to re-home them first. I feel like that finality would cause me to panic and cave and start the hospital-->therapist-->hospital repeat situation all over. I'm a fucking coward and a terrible person...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Deleted member 4993, letmeseethedeath and 2 others
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Ugh I just feel like such a selfish bastard because I know that even if it wouldn't be suspicious, I would still be unable to re-home them first. I feel like that finality would cause me to panic and cave and start the hospital-->therapist-->hospital repeat situation all over. I'm a fucking coward and a terrible person...
You're neither selfish nor a coward and your response is perfectly natural. It's the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye to the one's you love. I hope you can find a solution to your dilemma. :hug:

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Username786, Circles and 1 other person
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
You're neither selfish nor a coward and your response is perfectly natural. It's the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye to the one's you love. I hope you can find a solution to your dilemma. :hug:
Thank you, I really appreciate it <3 Another concern I have...Sam can be a jerk sometimes, and yells at people that are new. I'm worried about what to do with him regarding having the police/EMTs deal with my body. Was thinking that I could put the correction collar on him, write brief instructions on how to use it, and leave the remote somewhere for them to access it. I can't crate him because that would be cruel, he's not trained for long-term crating. I just do NOT want a situation where some idiot cop thinks he's dangerous (all 15lbs of him...) and shoots him or some bullshit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Superfluous and Circles
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you, I really appreciate it <3 Another concern I have...Sam can be a jerk sometimes, and yells at people that are new. I'm worried about what to do with him regarding having the police/EMTs deal with my body. Was thinking that I could put the correction collar on him, write brief instructions on how to use it, and leave the remote somewhere for them to access it. I can't crate him because that would be cruel, he's not trained for long-term crating. I just do NOT want a situation where some idiot cop thinks he's dangerous (all 15lbs of him...) and shoots him or some bullshit.
I think the correction collar + instructions is a good idea. To put your mind at rest, I doubt the police would be such jerks as to be intimidated by a 15lb dog barking at them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and LogicalConclusion
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I think the correction collar + instructions is a good idea. To put your mind at rest, I doubt the police would be such jerks as to be intimidated by a 15lb dog barking at them.
I hope whoever comes is a dog people. I've had home health aides who were afraid of him because he jumps while they leave because he wants to play and then I hear back later that they were afraid of him. Like come on...he's nipped at my butt/leg while I try to go out for the mail and it hurts but he's not being aggressive; his aggression issues (all food-related) are MUCH less since getting the correction collar and doing more training. Just trying to visualize all the different ways to prepare...I'm not sure where I'd leave the instructions/remote...worried to tape anything to my door in case someone sees beforehand or something. Maybe I could include it with my delayed email to the police? That might work...

• Hugs
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I don't know what to do about mine either. I want him there when I ctb. I don't wan to be alone. My brother said he might take him.

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Yes, I know :) All Germanic languages, but Dutch and German aren't very mutually intelligible so it's fun for me to try and recognize similarities

I don't know what to do about mine either. I want him there when I ctb. I don't wan to be alone. My brother said he might take him.
Same, it'd be really difficult if I was alone. I hope your brother is able to take yours <3

B

Bjsnode28

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Yes, I know :) All Germanic languages, but Dutch and German aren't very mutually intelligible so it's fun for me to try and recognize similarities

Same, it'd be really difficult if I was alone. I hope your brother is able to take yours <3
Have you made a plan for notifying someone before you do it? I'm only asking because I'm in the same situation. I live alone with my dog. I plan to use a gun but there's no guarantee that someone will call the police if they hear a loud bang. I'm worried about her being alone without care after I go. It's making me feel very selfish to be honest!
I found this article about a similar situation. I couldn't get through it without crying.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and LogicalConclusion
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Have you made a plan for notifying someone before you do it? I'm only asking because I'm in the same situation. I live alone with my dog. I plan to use a gun but there's no guarantee that someone will call the police if they hear a loud bang. I'm worried about her being alone without care after I go. It's making me feel very selfish to be honest!
I found this article about a similar situation. I couldn't get through it without crying.
I'm typing up e-mails that will be delayed/writing notes and such for my friend. I know he'll take care of them and find them good homes, but feel terrible about the burden I'm leaving him with...don't have any family here, he and I moved here together to get away from trauma. Leaving almost everything to him, though, to sell or donate or keep, whatever he wants, except some things are to be given to others. I think I just have to accept that there's nothing I can do to make things up to him, but hopefully giving him everything I have will make a dent in that debt.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
B

Bjsnode28

Student
Apr 19, 2019
I'm typing up e-mails that will be delayed/writing notes and such for my friend. I know he'll take care of them and find them good homes, but feel terrible about the burden I'm leaving him with...don't have any family here, he and I moved here together to get away from trauma. Leaving almost everything to him, though, to sell or donate or keep, whatever he wants, except some things are to be given to others. I think I just have to accept that there's nothing I can do to make things up to him, but hopefully giving him everything I have will make a dent in that debt.
That's a good idea, but I am afraid that it won't be delayed or it wouldn't be sent. I wonder if there's a way to schedule a text message. I feel it would have better success than sending an email through a 3rd party and it end up getting caught in the spam folder. I don't want the slightest chance that she'll be left alone. Also will a dog do anything to your body when you're gone? I have all these weird fears that go through my mind

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
It's a hard thing to say, bu I do feel that if you have pets/kids, there is sometimes a level of selfishness involved in CTB

Reactions: LogicalConclusion and Lifeisatrap
B

Bjsnode28

Student
Apr 19, 2019
It's a hard thing to say, bu I do feel that if you have pets/kids, there is sometimes a level of selfishness involved in CTB
I agree with you 100 percent

M

Mysterymeat

May 24, 2019
Hey all, I wanted to ask for some help. So as much as I'm usually content now with having made my decision, the hardest part is saying goodbye to my pets. I'm crying even typing this and I do not cry often. They are the only family I really have. Now, what I am having trouble with is, what do I do to make sure they are taken care of? It's not an option for me to re-home them before I ctb because it would be beyond suspicious. I do have a friend here that I know would find homes for them, and I feel terrible to leave him with that burden...is there a way I can prepare some things for him? I was thinking of writing a "guide" for each of them, like about their personality, likes, dislikes, behaviors, training, etc. Obviously, all food and supplies would go to their new homes with them. But I was wondering if anyone had suggestions because ideally, I'd like to pave the way to rehoming them as much as I possibly can to reduce the burden on my friend. Also any advice on saying goodbye to them, how you deal with that, because damn if this isn't the hardest fucking part...Pics of the furry children in spoilers if anyone wants to see them, they are precious and deserve so much better than I can give them <3

A1FLerk.jpg
NTp8ajY.jpg
IGFhgvp.jpg
. I'm happy I'm not the only one with this issue. Part of the reason I'm comfortable ending my life is because one of my fur babies just died and I'll take any chance to see him again in peace. But I still have 2 I have to say goodbye to. In my case, I give instructions as to who should adopt them (parents and friends).

What I suggest you do is to make a summary of their personalities, health history, vet info, likes/dislikes. Their are many resources out there to find new homes. Maybe you can search for them and decide which ones you would suggest to use. You can even create a posting that they need to be rehomed with all their info in it and leave the account info to your friend. Ask in your note that under no circumstances they end up in a shelter and to give them a good home as your only wish. That's what I say.

I don't know how you say goodbye. I can't do it. Sorry I can't help you there. Feel free to PM me any time. Best of luck to you and the fur babies!
That's a good idea, but I am afraid that it won't be delayed or it wouldn't be sent. I wonder if there's a way to schedule a text message. I feel it would have better success than sending an email through a 3rd party and it end up getting caught in the spam folder. I don't want the slightest chance that she'll be left alone. Also will a dog do anything to your body when you're gone? I have all these weird fears that go through my mind
There are apps that will send scheduled texts and emails.

• Hugs
Reactions: LogicalConclusion and Lifeisatrap
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I'm worried about that, too...I think it would take several days for that to happen, so as long as someone like the police is notified then I don't think it would be a problem.

. I'm happy I'm not the only one with this issue. Part of the reason I'm comfortable ending my life is because one of my fur babies just died and I'll take any chance to see him again in peace. But I still have 2 I have to say goodbye to. In my case, I give instructions as to who should adopt them (parents and friends).

What I suggest you do is to make a summary of their personalities, health history, vet info, likes/dislikes. Their are many resources out there to find new homes. Maybe you can search for them and decide which ones you would suggest to use. You can even create a posting that they need to be rehomed with all their info in it and leave the account info to your friend. Ask in your note that under no circumstances they end up in a shelter and to give them a good home as your only wish. That's what I say.

I don't know how you say goodbye. I can't do it. Sorry I can't help you there. Feel free to PM me any time. Best of luck to you and the fur babies!

There are apps that will send scheduled texts and emails.
Thank you <3 I'm so sorry for your loss :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Superfluous
Livinginhell

Livinginhell

Should be Existinginhell
Aug 13, 2018
My dog is the only reason Im still here. I know comfortably where my other dog would go, but my youngest is terrified of everything, like shakes when he's out walking or hides under the bed if he hears a strange noise or somebody new comes into the house. I'm the only one who can calm his fears and make him feel safe. Plus I don't want him to think I've abandoned him. It's so hard.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Bärchen, Superfluous, thedutchguy and 1 other person
S

Sancti

May 30, 2019
I've read that your pets might eat you after you pass, so if you're not down with that make sure to have them in a separate room or something.

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I've read that your pets might eat you after you pass, so if you're not down with that make sure to have them in a separate room or something.
Thank you, I did some looking into it and you are right. I was hoping that it would take a day or so, but according to this article that is not really the case. I'll have to keep them in the other room. Am working on ideas for homes for them to give my friend an easier time hopefully. But yeah, here's the article:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/pets-dogs-cats-eat-dead-owners-forensics-science/