S

slumberinflowers

Jul 4, 2023
I suffer from depression, anxiety and panic disorder as well as PMDD = Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've suffered from PMDD since I was a teenager but now at 24 it's gotten to an all time worse. During this time I'm more prone to committing suicide due to the extensive pain and overbearing thoughts due to past traumas. I honestly don't know how much longer I can deal with this for, I don't want to impulsively ctb because that could lead to further suffering. I'm honestly at a stand still, every single month I have to deal with this along with everything else.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Larysa, Sannti, toofargone6969 and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be really tiring and dreadful what you have to go through, I find it awful how people have to suffer so much in this existence. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: slumberinflowers
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I feel your pain. I didn't realize I had PMDD until very recently after several people asked and pointed out a pattern. Being conscious is so more more unbearable than usual. I have to restrain myself to be still otherwise I'll impulsively attempt, fail, and end up in a worse situation than before. It sucks feeling like I have zero control over my my mind and my body. I feel like I'm babysitting myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: hiddenbpd, spinningmyself, slumberinflowers and 1 other person
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
I almost posted about PMDD recently as I have it, my sister, one of my nieces. It is absolutely horrific - I feel for you @slumberinflowers

Both of my prior attempts coincided with the onset of my period.

🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: spinningmyself and slumberinflowers
vaspertine

vaspertine

Nov 22, 2022
I also have Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and it's honestly hell and I think is the main reason why I feel so suicidal. I will be having a good day and then suddenly my brain will start enacting a plan to immediately end my life - it's so exhausting and scary.

What has helped me - and there is limited research on it but my doctor is willing to try literally anything at this point to help
me feel even slightly better - is a hectic antihistamine (because some studies think that PMDD is a sensitivity to progesterone released in the luteal phase of your menstrual cycle which causes a histamine response), called a H2 blocker, which is easily accessed with a prescription. But you can also try H1 blockers like any antihistamine like claritin or zyrtec which you can get for relatively cheap at any pharmacy/drugstore, and they also should have some sort of an impact (see: this post )

The good thing about antihistamines is that there's not really any side effects so it's pretty low risk to take them and see if they do anything 🌞 but also would chat to your doctor about H2 blockers and do some research/read some studies online to take to your doctor as well which might help?

• Hugs
Reactions: spinningmyself and slumberinflowers
S

slumberinflowers

Jul 4, 2023
I feel your pain. I didn't realize I had PMDD until very recently after several people asked and pointed out a pattern. Being conscious is so more more unbearable than usual. I have to restrain myself to be still otherwise I'll impulsively attempt, fail, and end up in a worse situation than before. It sucks feeling like I have zero control over my my mind and my body. I feel like I'm babysitting myself.
thank you for responding. I feel every word of what you said - It's unbearable honestly.
I also have Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and it's honestly hell and I think is the main reason why I feel so suicidal. I will be having a good day and then suddenly my brain will start enacting a plan to immediately end my life - it's so exhausting and scary.

What has helped me - and there is limited research on it but my doctor is willing to try literally anything at this point to help
me feel even slightly better - is a hectic antihistamine (because some studies think that PMDD is a sensitivity to progesterone released in the luteal phase of your menstrual cycle which causes a histamine response), called a H2 blocker, which is easily accessed with a prescription. But you can also try H1 blockers like any antihistamine like claritin or zyrtec which you can get for relatively cheap at any pharmacy/drugstore, and they also should have some sort of an impact (see: this post )

The good thing about antihistamines is that there's not really any side effects so it's pretty low risk to take them and see if they do anything 🌞 but also would chat to your doctor about H2 blockers and do some research/read some studies online to take to your doctor as well which might help?

Thank you so much for the advice, I'll definitely look into it. I'm glad you have such a good doctor willing to assist you. The doctors I've been to in the past have just given me the pill and basically said there's nothing else they can do. I'm definitely going to do some more research with all that you've sent me.
That must be really tiring and dreadful what you have to go through, I find it awful how people have to suffer so much in this existence. But anyway best wishes.
Honestly it is. thank you for your response
I almost posted about PMDD recently as I have it, my sister, one of my nieces. It is absolutely horrific - I feel for you @slumberinflowers

Both of my prior attempts coincided with the onset of my period.

🫂
So sorry you're all having to go through it too. It's terrible that we must endure so much pain on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I have this too. I thought it was from my Mirena so i removed it and my symptoms got 10x worse. Biggest mistake of my life. I really feel for you though, it's very upsetting to be at war with your body. Being a woman is a huge struggle with the hormonal fluctuations we have to deal with on top of everything else. The above advice is good and worth giving a shot. Much less risk than messing with birth control. I also have heard of a supplement called OAA I think? Oxalic acid or something. Its supposed to help a lot.

W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023

OTC H2RA: Famotidine
OTC H1 blockers: zyrtec, claritin (both selective), diphenhydramine (non-selective)

both H1 and H2 receptor blockers are available OTC (although only pepcid is on market since ranitidne was discontinued). I'd advise trying diphenhydramine otherwise known as benadryl since it's less selective so it hits more receptors that may help improve symptoms. Be ware of drowisness.

• Love
Reactions: vaspertine