johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
What things should be done prior to CTB'ing?

-Throw out all unnecessary items (if you live alone you could even pack up all your items, clothes, etc. so it's easier for the family or whoever ends up collecting your stuff. If you don't live alone then you can't really do that without it looking super suspicious)
-Leave a paper with all financial info if you have money to leave behind
-Turn off/encrypt or destroy computer/electronics you don't want others looking through

What else?

Reactions: sif, Sanguinius, TheGoodGuy and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Leave any instructions as to what to do with your body eg funeral, notifications etc

Reactions: killing me softly, goxua, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
Leave any instructions as to what to do with your body eg funeral, notifications etc
Do you know if the person left a note just saying "i want to be cremated", would the police hold onto that as evidence, or allow the family to see it? I read on suicide bereavement forums about a family who weren't able to see the note the person left for a month or something because the police were holding it, due to being evidence or whatever.

Maybe the note that person left was blaming the family or something bad, who knows.

Reactions: sif and Cyanide
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
That's a really good point; hopefully someone will come through with an answer. In the U.K. most suicides go to an inquest and any notes etc would indeed be part of evidence

Now I'm panicking!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Dead Meat, ReadyasEver and 4 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
Do you know if the person left a note just saying "i want to be cremated", would the police hold onto that as evidence, or allow the family to see it? I read on suicide bereavement forums about a family who weren't able to see the note the person left for a month or something because the police were holding it, due to being evidence or whatever.

Maybe the note that person left was blaming the family or something bad, who knows.

In that case, scheduling an email to be sent later automatically would be a safe option. I was planning to use Boomerang, but I think it's not the most efficient option. I will try LetterMeLater soon to see if it works better. I will also leave a written letter.

Reactions: goxua, sif, LoNatural and 1 other person
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
Here's a brief thread about delayed e-mails:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/delayed-email.10106/#post-182119

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I can recommend boomerang for delayed emails. I did some experiments and all emails arrived in time, not even one minute too late. You also can turn off your machine after you scheduled the emails, they will be sent out. I don't know about the privacy concerns I've read in other threads but I'm gonna ctb in a hotel and this extension is gonna get all my suicide notes out to important people. I'm also gonna notify the police this way. If you know you're gonna die anyway, I don't see the problem.

Reactions: Smilla, sif, NumbItAll and 2 others
johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
I can recommend boomerang for delayed emails. I did some experiments and all emails arrived in time, not even one minute too late. You also can turn off your machine after you scheduled the emails, they will be sent out. I don't know about the privacy concerns I've read in other threads but I'm gonna ctb in a hotel and this extension is gonna get all my suicide notes out to important people. I'm also gonna notify the police this way. If you know you're gonna die anyway, I don't see the problem.
what is your method in a hotel?

Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I don't know about the privacy concerns I've read in other threads but I'm gonna ctb in a hotel

I shouldn't care about privacy concerns since I'm going to be dead, but still I can't stop thinking about that :/

Reactions: TheCrow and sif
LoNatural

LoNatural

Dogpill Theorist.
Sep 27, 2018
-Spend all of your money, unless you personally know someone who needs it. Don't let the state have it.

Reactions: goxua, sif, Pineapplecrown and 3 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I know one that no ones mentioned yet!
If you have a date set, make sure the day before the one you CTB is the best one of your existence. Eat your favorite food, watch your favorite show once more. I'm not asking you to change your mind, I'm asking you to enjoy your last day. That's what I'm going to do as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Boxoftools, ReadyasEver and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I know one that no ones mentioned yet!
If you have a date set, make sure the day before the one you CTB is the best one of your existence. Eat your favorite food, watch your favorite show once more. I'm not asking you to change your mind, I'm asking you to enjoy your last day. That's what I'm going to do as well.

Ah! This is lovely ❤️ You're right 21N :-)

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Boxoftools, Dead Meat and 4 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Ah! This is lovely ❤️ You're right 21N :-)

If I may recommend something, 'The Americans' is a good show on Netflix about Russian spies in the US in the 80's. It's well acted and gets pretty tense at points. I recommend it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Boxoftools, locusdelicti and 2 others
C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
How about debit, credit cards. Will you destroy them too?

johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
How about debit, credit cards. Will you destroy them too?
I would think to leave a paper for whoever you want to get any money you have after, with all of your bank login info, card info, etc. Destroying them is pointless unless you think someone would steal them after you die and use it to make purchases.

For example if I died, i think my parents would need a death certificate to give to the bank before they could access the account and take my money (unless they logged in as me and did it)

Reactions: crova
locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
If you have animals, I'd recommend you state your preference as to who takes care of it/them. Also please don't forget to put out several days' worth of food and water and have a means for them to go outside if they need to if you plan on CTB from home.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Deleted member 4993 and Sanguinius
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
All of what the OP listed are excellent. A couple further details of what I did (and will do again if I again find myself heading for the bus stop):

• Paid off my credit cards online
• Made sure my monthly bills were paid
• Pre-paid for my cremation
• Wrote out a list of all financial accounts, user IDs, and passwords
• Wrote out and had notarized and witnessed an "official" (DIY but legal form) will
• Wrote up a "For Sale" flier for my car, so it could just be posted at the local mechanic
• Personal letters, for those I wanted to communicate with
• Filled a box with mementos that I wanted to have cremated with me

Having all my bills paid ahead of time seemed a good way to make it easier on my family to have time to be in the house and collect their thoughts without worrying about the power being shut off.

Last edited:
Reactions: killing me softly, goxua and Smilla
VoloFataliDoce

VoloFataliDoce

The World Is Quiet Here
Jan 23, 2019
I have a notarized will, power of attorney, a page of final arrangements,copies of my financial statements, and my car title in a folder on my desk. My bank accounts have a TOD beneficiary on them and my car is paid off with a beneficiary listed on the title as well. I have a good friend who will get everything and I've done about as good of a job as I can at making sure they get it with as little trouble as possible and without having to go through the court process. These papers should be very easy to find when the time comes, but I may just give it to them beforehand and tell them to safeguard it "just in case". The only thing they should need to access everything is a death certificate - I'm sure they can scrape up the $20 if they need to.

Before I CTB I'll reset my computer to default settings and erase all of the data, won't bother leaving any online login info - they don't need it. I've left plenty of money to pay for a funeral (although I did mention in my final arrangements papers not to bother unless they felt it would help them grieve properly) and any legal expenses they incur. I'll need to clean up the house, and I'll probably need to get rid of as much junk as I can to make it easier for those I leave behind. I have bills paid up for a month in advance, so they won't need to rush to make the next payments. The important stuff is already taken care of, so if I do act on impulse one day it'll be alright.

I do have biological family who will not be happy that they aren't getting anything. They shouldn't expect to, since I haven't spoken to them in almost a decade, but they are the type of people who will throw a fit and cause as much trouble as possible. That's why I have beneficiaries set up on my car and bank accounts - they don't go through probate and there is no room for arguing that the beneficiary shouldn't receive it. I think the best I can hope for is that my blood relatives don't find out I'm gone for quite a while after my death, but I can't control every facet of my death so I just have to do the best planning I can.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Nothing really...
No longer my problem. All debts are paid off bar mortgage, and don't care about the rest anymore.