• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
Some ridiculous story about when I was in my late teens to early twenties.
I used to be somewhat very religious. I did always pray and end my prayers. With the wish that I die soon in a few years during my sleep.

After some years I did come to my senses that what I was doing is useless. But I wish that prayer or believe could give me the energy to cope at least, if I did die naturely by a cruel diseases (painful or being in a vegetative state in a hospital).

I

inutil

Apr 22, 2024
This world is not fair, some die from trivial accidents and others have difficulty dying.
Either way, you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting relief from your suffering.
I can't believe in God, when I get on the bus everything will be dark and it will be game over.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I'm envious of people who have a strong faith in God they seem to be happier over all
I have sound faith in God and the Bible, but it doesn't really make me happier in this life. In fact, the New Testament writings don't promise happiness in THIS life. Quite the contrary, actually. Jesus warned His Apostles that they would face hardship and they did. Many Bible characters even in the Old Testament such as Moses, Job, Jeremiah and Jonah prayed to die at some point.

The hope of the Christian belief at least, is not happiness but to obtain, by faith in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, a resurrection after judgment day, getting a new body without pain and aging and getting to live forever on a new earth where there is no more sin, death, sorrow and pain. (Many mistakenly think the Christian hope is "heaven" in a disembodied ghostly state, but it's actually a physical new body on a physical new earth that the Bible teaches as the "afterlife").

Believing in the resurrection, as I do, takes away the fear of what comes after death, but it doesn't take away depression and being hurt by sinful people and hurting myself with stupid sinful decisions. In fact, I also pray to die almost every day for a year now.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I have sound faith in God and the Bible, but it doesn't really make me happier in this life. In fact, the New Testament writings don't promise happiness in THIS life. Quite the contrary, actually. Jesus warned His Apostles that they would face hardship and they did. Many Bible characters even in the Old Testament such as Moses, Job, Jeremiah and Jonah prayed to die at some point.

The hope of the Christian belief at least, is not happiness but to obtain, by faith in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, a resurrection after judgment day, getting a new body without pain and aging and getting to live forever on a new earth where there is no more sin, death, sorrow and pain. (Many mistakenly think the Christian hope is "heaven" in a disembodied ghostly state, but it's actually a physical new body on a physical new earth that the Bible teaches as the "afterlife").

Believing in the resurrection, as I do, takes away the fear of what comes after death, but it doesn't take away depression and being hurt by sinful people and hurting myself with stupid sinful decisions. In fact, I also pray to die almost every day for a year now.
I'm not religious but I to believe in a afterlife and can't wait to go home

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I am a Christian and I admit that I have asked God for death on a few occasions. Even, if you look in the bible, some prophets also did it but clearly God will not give it to you.
I don't think I believe in god anymore but I'm just curious why god won't give you death if you want it?

Reactions: karmaisabitch
Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023

I think many people believe once they become a Christian everything will be perfect. Like you said, happiness is not the point of life or the reason for living. It accepting Christ and being in relationship with Him, and helping our fellow people.

S

sukiduki

Mar 24, 2024
i don't really believe in god, but i'm not sure. i still pray just in case- and i also pray to pass in my sleep. i pray to god, the universe, the spirits, any gods or anything out there.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I think many people believe once they become a Christian everything will be perfect. Like you said, happiness is not the point of life or the reason for living. It accepting Christ and being in relationship with Him, and helping our fellow people.
Exactly! I'm annoyed when I see other Christians commenting on mental health videos on YouTube or elsewhere selling Christianity as like a quick fix snake oil cure for every problem in THIS LIFE. They are actually worldly people who care more about fixing family, nation, business, health and outward image (fake smiles and joy).

So when unbelievers give this "Jesus thing" a try and they DON'T get their health and wealth fixed, then they are disappointed and give up on faith.

But what they forget is that the Bible is so clear about how THIS life and world is corrupted with sin, pain and death that the whole point of Jesus coming to earth was to redeem us from it and give us NEW life (after judgment day). In the meantime Christians (especiallybthe strong) are supposed to help the poor and suffering, and warn people of judgment day. Even Jesus suffered like other humans while doing His earthly ministry. So why wouldn't we all suffer? I'm not looking to fix my life, I'm looking to get NEW life.

Realizing this means that my faith has never been shaken, despite my life turning to shit. Although I DO look forward to getting my new resurrection body after the end of the world.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Yeah my sister brainwashed my niece, and so when she asked me if I believe in God, I didn't lie to her, and I said and tried to explain why. My sister was putting her to bed and she started to cry because my sister has taught her that people who don't believe in God don't go to heaven. And my mom has told me I will go to Hell if I kill myself. Thanks family...

silas0

silas0

Apr 26, 2024
Human beings trying to figure out what's going on behind the scene is like a computer icon trying to figure out what's outside the screen. We're stuck in space-time dimensions

L

LaughingGoat

Student
Apr 11, 2024
It's amazing some of the common experiences people share with one another. I was also raised religious and became atheist by mid-teens but the literal last times I prayed/talked to god would be at night asking for death.

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
Exactly! I'm annoyed when I see other Christians commenting on mental health videos on YouTube or elsewhere selling Christianity as like a quick fix snake oil cure for every problem in THIS LIFE. They are actually worldly people who care more about fixing family, nation, business, health and outward image (fake smiles and joy).

So when unbelievers give this "Jesus thing" a try and they DON'T get their health and wealth fixed, then they are disappointed and give up on faith.

But what they forget is that the Bible is so clear about how THIS life and world is corrupted with sin, pain and death that the whole point of Jesus coming to earth was to redeem us from it and give us NEW life (after judgment day). In the meantime Christians (especiallybthe strong) are supposed to help the poor and suffering, and warn people of judgment day. Even Jesus suffered like other humans while doing His earthly ministry. So why wouldn't we all suffer? I'm not looking to fix my life, I'm looking to get NEW life.

Realizing this means that my faith has never been shaken, despite my life turning to shit. Although I DO look forward to getting my new resurrection body after the end of the world.
This is all true. I remember going to an Easter Service and the beautiful, wife of an assistant pastor got up to give a testimony and everything was perfect. It left me feeling so sad for the new people there, as this is not what really happpens. And we do lose many to the faith because of it.

Amen! No matter how bad things get, I have my faith.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
This is all true. I remember going to an Easter Service and the beautiful, wife of an assistant pastor got up to give a testimony and everything was perfect. It left me feeling so sad for the new people there, as this is not what really happpens. And we do lose many to the faith because of it.

Amen! No matter how bad things get, I have my faith.
Yeah, Jesus' 12 apostles came from poor hard backgrounds, and when they started following Jesus their lives became even HARDER. Many were eventually executed which they were totally happy about. Paul famously was imprisoned, beaten, stranded and robbed (2 Corinthians 11:23-28) and had some kind of issue that God did NOT heal (2 Corinthians 12:7).

Jesus Himself said He didn't even have a pillow to lay his head at night (Luke 9:58). Throughout the New Testament texts, believers are taught just to endure in patience (for the next life, not to get "blessed" in THIS life like so many western Christians want), but in no wise do these texts downplay suffering.. in fact they acknowledge suffering (Paul openly said he would rather die and go be with God, but that he had love for his followers who still had things to learn from him - Philemon 1:23). Paul taught people to empathize and weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15), and NOT display a fake happiness.

I seriously suspect that if modern American Christians met Paul, the apostles and Jesus Himself, they would say that they are not blessed and that they should pray more and believe more. That is why American Christians INVENT fantasies of persecution, to feel like they are like the apostles (when they freak out about gay wedding cakes etc.)

Reactions: divinemistress36
G

Guy089001

Apr 23, 2024
I've tried that. It depends on what you pray to I figure, and what you mean by what you say. Some are answered the very next day and I can't bypass all of them because it didn't work for me. Maybe the point isn't to demean everyone that does it collectively but pay closer attention to where, why, how, and for what reason it works at all

PINKIESISU

PINKIESISU

Apr 21, 2024
Some ridiculous story about when I was in my late teens to early twenties.
I used to be somewhat very religious. I did always pray and end my prayers. With the wish that I die soon in a few years during my sleep.

After some years I did come to my senses that what I was doing is useless. But I wish that prayer or believe could give me the energy to cope at least, if I did die naturely by a cruel diseases (painful or being in a vegetative state in a hospital).
Every night I do this

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I am a Christian and I admit that I have asked God for death on a few occasions. Even, if you look in the bible, some prophets also did it but clearly God will not give it to you.
God won't give it to you bc there is no god who could fullfil that wish or this god is sadistic and enjoys seeing you suffering, not easing your pain that makes you suicidal in the hope that you commit suicide to punish you in hell forever to enjoy your suffering even more. That doesn't make sense in any case!

No offence, that's what I think. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want and what makes them comfortable. I respect that.

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
God won't give it to you bc there is no god who could fullfil that wish or this god is sadistic and enjoys seeing you suffering, not easing your pain that makes you suicidal in the hope that you commit suicide to punish you in hell forever to enjoy your suffering even more. That doesn't make sense in any case!

No offence, that's what I think. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want and what makes them comfortable. I respect that.
I respect your opinion. You are not aggressive or intolerant about it.

I do not really believed in a god like in Christianity, etc. BUT I thought that praying would allow many things to come true. Like magical thinking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I respect your opinion. You are not aggressive or intolerant about it.

I do not really believed in a god like in Christianity, etc. BUT I thought that praying would allow many things to come true. Like magical thinking.
No, there is no need to maintain an adversarial stance when it comes to sharing opinions :)

what do you mean by magical thinking?

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Student
Apr 10, 2024
In my entire life, I've never had one prayer answered by God. In fact, I'm much more likely to get the opposite of what I pray for.

I've been praying for years to die in my sleep. Still here.

Protection from Satan should be a prayer that God likes and grants (according to the Bible). God repeatedly lets Satan burn my life to the ground.

Why does God give great people horrible diseases that end their lives in unimaginable suffering over the course of years?

Why do evil people prosper and live lives of utter joy?
. In the meantime Christians (especiallybthe strong) are supposed to help the poor and suffering,
😂😂😂. Yeah, ok. Then there are very few Christians in the world. Most of them are thrilled to take all your money.

Last edited:
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I still throw up a prayer to die before I go to sleep, just in case someone out there is listening. Frustrating that the best way to go is the most random and unpredictable.