• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
gave up on SN but i'm feeling pretty optimistic about partial. i'm left alone with no one in the house for about an hour everyday, between 2/3-4pm. should be plenty of time to achieve partial. i have been practicing with a necktie. i tied the lig up and tied a slip knot to make a noose, then put the noose over my head. at first, i put the noose as high up as possible because i thought the carotid arteries were right under the jaw. i leaned forward and put pressure on the neck, but i got the head-exploding feeling, which i'm fairly certain is the result of the jugular vein being compressed. i read a thread on here where someone said their sweet spot was at the base of their neck so i put the noose there and leaned into it. instantly, i got very dizzy and got a whole body tingly feeling, especially in my face. i didn't see my vision going black but i'm pretty sure if i had kept going i would've fainted in a few seconds. i did not keep going because my sister was in the next room. i think that is right though, and when i attempt i think i will position the noose the same. however, i am unsure about the necktie and the point of hanging. i'm not too concerned about being found, since the megathread says half an hour should be plenty, and my research elsewhere shows some people die within a few minutes. i'm just worried the tie will break, the knot will come undone, or the point of hanging will fall down. i will give some background. right now, i am practicing in my bathroom. my shower is not a shower with a curtain rod. it has a real shower door. when the door opens there is a metal frame on top and on the sides. the sides are installed into the wall. it is pretty old and i'm not sure how sturdy it is, but it doesn't seem too bad. i am attaching my ligature to the top of the shower frame, and so far i have not had any problems, but i am worried it will fail. and the necktie. i read a thread on here where the poster hung himself with a necktie and the necktie broke. so i am worried about this happening. i tied the necktie to the shower frame and pulled down as hard as i could, and it did not budge. however, this was not my full weight. i am using partial, so i am not purposely putting my full weight on the tie, but once i go unconscious i'm not sure if my full weight will go on the tie. i would think my feet would still be touching the floor but i am not sure. i know after going unconscious the body tends to seize or flail around, so if this happens i am not sure if the tie can withstand this. so far it has seemed pretty sturdy when i put my weight on it and pulled on it really hard, so it might work. my other options for hanging are a nylon dog leash (round leash, not flat, but really short so it might be hard to tie the noose and have enough length to secure it, plus the mega thread says not to use nylon) and a rubber extension cord (not sure how sturdy or if i will be able to compress arteries properly). any tips are appreciated. i am fairly confident in my plan right now but i would like more peace of mind it will not break and fail before i follow through.

Reactions: lobster salad
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
anyone? please…

Reactions: lobster salad
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
anyone? please…
I don't think anyone would feel confident enough to offer advice on what you're asking - I think you'd have to be there, to gather any kind of opinion on this. All you can do is give it a try by putting as much weight on it as you can and also pull and tug on the tie to mimic flailing around, and see what happens.

Reactions: Mentalmick
N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
Even the slightest research on partial will tell you that an hour is likely not enough time. If you choose to do it in such a tight time-frame you are just trying to get caught.

Rethink your plan and your motivations.

user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Even the slightest research on partial will tell you that an hour is likely not enough time. If you choose to do it in such a tight time-frame you are just trying to get caught.

Rethink your plan and your motivations.
what? the megathread says it should take around fifteen minutes, but to give yourself 30 minutes, just to be extra safe. i thought an hour would be plenty.
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

Death occurs after about 15 minutes, but to be sure have half an hour.

Last edited:
N

neonnightlights

Jun 27, 2021
I have a bit of info from Reddit about how much weight a necktie can hold though it depends on the material and it's usually not much, if you happen to have a silk necktie that would be your best bet.