S

skittle-chan

Sep 23, 2023
have you ever experienced an intense pain from seeing just random people living the life u dream of and the worst part is that these people are your friends/acquintances like they are not way better than u but they get whatever they want; attention, love, etc without even trying like you do and you are just drowning into your misery. i wonder is there a problem with me or is it sth i cannot control.

• Love
Reactions: angel444, girlwithflaxenhair0, SparkleWater and 8 others
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
Kind of.. i don't envy people living a good life, like i wanted to. in fact i wish they enjoy it and don't take things for granted, end up miserable like many. for a while i could reverse most of the misfortunes brought on me, once a threshold is crossed. you're on your own inside a timeless bubble where everyone goes and we feel stuck.

Still i hate weekends, feel deeply anguished when i see happy couples... kids playing under the joyful smile of their parents. sharing a .. life. not picking "its pieces". overall

Now i understand what the old drunks at the bar meant : "Enjoy life, you have only 1, don't fck it up, enjoy while you're still young"
Thought they were referring to "wish i had a new liver" or something like that. Last years I WAS the "old drunk" wishing people care about the simplest trivial and most undervalued aspects of life. now can't even stand being around happy people;; not because they are happy . More because it "seems my presence bothers them" or for some reason "i should partake in their happiness or at least don't look like a boring unpleasant sad sight" and of course this goes both ways

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: jussrav, Glandular, sunny ammo and 1 other person
L

Ligand

Sep 14, 2023
Almost all of the friends that I had or still have are living lives that are significantly better than mine. I had an awesome life and was going to have an even better life than most of the people I know, but unfortunately I became chronically ill. The comparison is absolutely torturous. I refuse to live a life knowing I've lost.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: outrider567, jussrav, Glandular and 2 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Yup, although you've gotta understand the bigger picture I guess. Life is deterministic in many ways especially a lot of your life circumstance, people just happen to be born in great families with "great" genetics etc. They don't know any different and didn't do anything to deserve it. To me it's a sure teller that if you want to be happy some kind of minimalist/mindset living is required, the world is absurd and that we're living in a state of naturalism devoid of spirituality or a truly benevolent higher power.

Reactions: skittle-chan and sserafim
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Yes. I have a twin brother who is like that so you can imagine what that's like. I've really started to resent NTs (fairly or reasonably or not as they still make up the majority of users in this forum).

• Love
Reactions: skittle-chan, sserafim and lwlaiet8887
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Yes! I was just thinking about how I witness others utilize the law of attraction effortlessly, unknowingly, while I and so many others struggles to make anything happen for ourselves.

Reactions: skittle-chan and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
have you ever experienced an intense pain from seeing just random people living the life u dream of and the worst part is that these people are your friends/acquintances like they are not way better than u but they get whatever they want; attention, love, etc without even trying like you do and you are just drowning into your misery. i wonder is there a problem with me or is it sth i cannot control.
I don't have a dream life but people around me are successful and I'm a failure and it makes me feel bad about myself
Yes! I was just thinking about how I witness others utilize the law of attraction effortlessly, unknowingly, while I and so many others struggles to make anything happen for ourselves.
I've heard about the law of attraction and I've tried it before…not sure if it worked though. Ugh it's not fair how some people seem to have everything and manifest their dream life/desires and get things so easily, and others like us have to struggle

Last edited:
Reactions: skittle-chan
R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
used to feel quite envious/jealous, but ive realized that most of it is stuff i can't control. trying my best to adopt a growth mindset in that i'm comparing myself only to the past me.

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

Mommy?
Mar 8, 2022
Ppl is scared, high SI

Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
It happened to me whenever I saw somebody smiling and being happy, I remembered thinking "Why can´t I be happy like them". Now I don´t get that sense of envy that much because I prefered to think that deep down alot of people, even tough they smile, have their own problems, thinking like that made it tolerable

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
Yes. Every day I see people in love and happy. I feel that I'm denied a happy life that everyone else can attain with minimal difficulty. If only I were taller and more attractive I would be drowning in love. Yet here I am, unattractive and in despair.

S

skittle-chan

Sep 23, 2023
Yes. Every day I see people in love and happy. I feel that I'm denied a happy life that everyone else can attain with minimal difficulty. If only I were taller and more attractive I would be drowning in love. Yet here I am, unattractive and in despair.
Yeeees exactly. I also start questioning myself like why can't i be as happy, as attractive and intelligent like them. And the funniest and most painful thing in this that in reality we are not worse than them in anything but still we do not have what they have and we are still unhappy and drowning in misery that we created ourselves hehe

Reactions: HappyForever?
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I had my dream life for many years, then she died--Since Jan 2022, my life has been upended, nothing to look forward to anymore, nothing

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Glandular, skittle-chan and jussrav
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Almost all of the friends that I had or still have are living lives that are significantly better than mine. I had an awesome life and was going to have an even better life than most of the people I know, but unfortunately I became chronically ill. The comparison is absolutely torturous. I refuse to live a life knowing I've lost.
I feel you - same for me. Shortly after the diagnosis I was really envious of all the healthy people around me. As I went on this journey to make my final exit I became more emotionally balanced. Now I feel happy for everyone who is healthy and happy. I know and accepted that it is over for me so there is no point in being envious anymore. It sometimes still hurts thinking about all the lost opportunities, not being able to live the life I wanted, but these times are rare know. I will escape my hell once the pain gets too bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: outrider567, skittle-chan and Ligand
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I dont realy have a dream life tbh, but seing people having genuine smile and enjoying life make my day a bit better every time.
Knowing everybody arnt living the same miserable life as me is lowkey heart warming

jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
I had my dream life for many years, then she died--Since Jan 2022, my life has been upended, nothing to look forward to anymore, nothing
Same
I have also become ill and my life now is pure torture and yes I want to ctb every second.

• Hugs
Reactions: Glandular, skittle-chan, outrider567 and 1 other person
jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
O God this is how I feel wish I was dead aswell

• Hugs
Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
I've recently been looking at photos of some of my former friends. My life has changed a lot over the years, and unlike them, for the worst. They are all very social and hang out with their other friends meanwhile I don't get to experience any of it. The same thing is true with my family. It feels like everyone gets to have love and fun as well as travel. Everyone except me. The worst part is that they manage to do it without effort. I have tried to make friends and change my situation, but it never works. My brain doesn't function normally so regular interpersonal relationships are impossible. It's unfair but I try to not have any envy towards them but it's hard not to.

• Hugs
Reactions: jussrav and skittle-chan
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Life is completely meaningless. They are all going to die and soon cause life is so short. After death a human ceases to exist forever. They won't remember anything of their so called good life , nothing that they did will matter. will that or they matter in 200 years , 1000 years? no . 1 trillion years? no way.

They're just going to end up old with painful athritis or dementia require assistance with daily tasks or in nursing homes. not me I'll be not existing. who is better of then them in old age or me in non-existence?

Reactions: skittle-chan, Trakehner and sserafim
jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
I've recently been looking at photos of some of my former friends. My life has changed a lot over the years, and unlike them, for the worst. They are all very social and hang out with their other friends meanwhile I don't get to experience any of it. The same thing is true with my family. It feels like everyone gets to have love and fun as well as travel. Everyone except me. The worst part is that they manage to do it without effort. I have tried to make friends and change my situation, but it never works. My brain doesn't function normally so regular interpersonal relationships are impossible. It's unfair but I try to not have any envy towards them but it's hard not to.
I am the same i got long covid twice and still suffering. I uses to be a correctional officer now I cant seem to get a supermarket job. Its so sad to see my life like like this. I dont go on holidays when asked I make a mistake and not go. My whole family wtc seem to do things without effort whilst I am struggling to function. I wanted a career a family but I am too ill.

DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
I can relate to this. I am a writer and I see many writers in writing communities that are new and have massive success. After a few years, I gave up improving and continued writing how I was used to. Still, when I see writers who do better than me, it hurts, even writers who write for more time than I do. It seems so effortless to them, I put in so much effort and no results, only to hear the "Just struggle more, it will pay off, trust me bro" line.