suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
Hi there, I posted a few months ago regarding my friend who had passed from SN. I'm trying to find some closure on his final moments.

For some background:

We used to be best friends since childhood but had a very very bad falling out, we had lived together and then split harshly.
He moved in with two roomates after, I lost contact with him, but an old mutual friend contacted me after he died.

After putting some puzzle pieces together I found out he had used SN, as he purchased it when we still lived together, he showed me, and had talked me through his method for a few hours.

Police ruled it as an accidental choking as far as I heard, but only his parents got the toxicology report and they've kept it to themselves for obvious reasons. However he was suicidal most of his life, had multiple near death experiences and seemed to be done with life.

I'm 100% positive it was SN, given our mutual friend told me he found the bottle I described in his room, alongside a scale, a spoon, and a glass, all covered with bits of white powder.

He had thrown up throughout the night before his death and was found in a choking position on the floor. He was found 2 days after his death.

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has a link to the symptoms of SN up to death, like vomiting or seizures, as well as how the body looks and seems postmortem after SN? I tried to find some on here but it got garbled through all the other SN posts.

Since I never got to see his body, and we knew each other 10+ years, I suppose my grief is wanting to put sensations and visuals to his final moments so I can understand what he went through.

Thanks to those who read this far and thank you if you're able to find anything. Take care

Reactions: MourningDove
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
sn death is quite peaceful, especially compared other methods.
putting aside the vomiting and choking, sn death bodies will have a blue color, but that's really about it

MourningDove

MourningDove

Oct 19, 2023
symptoms of SN up to death, like vomiting or seizures, as well as how the body looks and seems postmortem after SN?
Anyone feel free to correct me, but from what I've researched from NIH there's a couple of things I read
Peripheral Cyanosis - Blue/Purple discoloration of the hands/fingers
Hypoxia - lack of Oxygen in tissue
Dysrhythmias - abnormality in the hearts rhythm
Orthostatic Hypotension - decrease in blood pressure resulting in faintness/light-headedness/dizziness. Confusion, or blurred vision probably as well

From hypoxia alone, they'd show signs of confusion, restlessness, and difficulty breathing
To put it simply from what I've read, they'd experience one if not more of the following: altered level of consciousness, dizziness, vomiting, nausesa, and headaches
Not to say that they would be fully conscious by the time these symptoms start to appear, due to lack of oxygen to the brain presumably.

Afterwards, the only real specific qualities the body would possess during the decomposition process is mostly having a blue-ish color
Just searching for Sodium-Nitrite case photos will show you the visuals afterwards.
Please correct any if not all of this if needed :-)
I wish you the best of regards friend

Reactions: Sweetsinking
S

Sweetsinking

Jul 30, 2023
As far as i know, blue. The main thing with sn is it depletes your body of oxygen. It's also not a method that causes physical mutilation like a train jump, so nothing horrific. All i know with the vomiting is that drinking it tastes like shit, and i know bodies try to purge whatever makes it feel sick.