• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
Were they sweet or bitter apricot kernels?

I mean you could still just be some person on the internet who wants to discourage this method of suicide (or suicide in general) for some reason

I indeed could be. Some were sweet and some were bitter. It was a mixture. Some of the powder was bitter, some was just awkward

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
As much as I'd hate to give in if it turns out that cherry pits or apricot kernels really could kill you and people just make it seem like they can't to discourage that method, from everything I've looked up online I haven't been able to find any cases where it worked, although there are apparently cases of toddlers dying from cyanide-containing plants so who knows

Edit: And apparently they vomit a lot, fuck

That's also just from an obscure Turkish medical journal which was contested somewhat, so who knows

Last edited:
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
As much as I'd hate to give in if it turns out that cherry pits or apricot kernels really could kill you and people just make it seem like they can't to discourage that method, from everything I've looked up online I haven't been able to find any cases where it worked, although there are apparently cases of toddlers dying from cyanide-containing plants so who knows

Edit: And apparently they vomit a lot, fuck

That's also just from an obscure Turkish medical journal which was contested somewhat, so who knows

Yeah. Most of these suicide methods are unrealistic. It's not a situation to just get apple seeds and apricot kernels and then die by downing an excess of them. If that were the case, it would be a very popular suicide method and heard on in the media lots. There is a lot of bullshit on the Internet. They say that 60 to 70 percent of information online is not factual, which is in itself a fact. If you want to commit suicide, you need to actually try to die. Dying is NOT an easy process. The human body is very tolerant and resistant.

Reactions: autumnal and Indieblue
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Yeah. Most of these suicide methods are unrealistic. It's not a situation to just get apple seeds and apricot kernels and then die by downing an excess of them. If that were the case, it would be a very popular suicide method and heard on in the media lots. There is a lot of bullshit on the Internet. They say that 60 to 70 percent of information online is not factual, which is in itself a fact. If you want to commit suicide, you need to actually try to die. Dying is NOT an easy process. The human body is very tolerant and resistant.
What about a gun in the mouth? Or anti-emetics with cyanide?

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
What about a gun in the mouth? Or anti-emetics with cyanide?

Many people survive shootings themselves in the head. While there is a good chance it's very lethal, one of my friend's uncles (his family is very suicidal by genetics) shot himself in the face near his mouth and survived. He hit his brain, but only damaged part of it. He was revived in the hospital with his facial structure completely destroyed, jaw destroyed, bad brain injury, can't talk at all, etc. So while shooting yourself can be lethal with a good chance, there is always the chance of failure.

Cyanide, sure, but where are you going to get cyanide from?

Reactions: highlyvolatile and BPD Barbie
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Is it better with Benzos? Cyanide with Benzos no pain?
My phone underlined the question!

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
Is it better with Benzos? Cyanide with Benzos no pain?
My phone underlined the question!

Just to let you know, cherry pits don't actually contain cyanide. They contain amygdalin, which mixes with something in your stomach to create cyanide. Probably why eating cherry pits and apple seeds doesn't actually kill you

Reactions: autumnal and snake_eater
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Many people survive shootings themselves in the head. While there is a good chance it's very lethal, one of my friend's uncles (his family is very suicidal by genetics) shot himself in the face near his mouth and survived. He hit his brain, but only damaged part of it. He was revived in the hospital with his facial structure completely destroyed, jaw destroyed, bad brain injury, can't talk at all, etc. So while shooting yourself can be lethal with a good chance, there is always the chance of failure.

Cyanide, sure, but where are you going to get cyanide from?
That's only because they revived him

So you are a pro-lifer after all

Worse than that, you might be someone that enjoys making people kill themselves through the miserable means of hanging

I'd also say that shooting yourself in the face near the mouth is a lot different than shooting yourself with a gun in your mouth

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
That's only because they revived him

So you are a pro-lifer after all

Worse than that, you might be someone that enjoys making people kill themselves through the miserable means of hanging

I'd also say that shooting yourself in the face near the mouth is a lot different than shooting yourself with a gun in your mouth

Yes, but people get revived all the time. I am not pro-life at all (which is the reason I am in a legal situation). Hanging is not miserable and is probably the best way to go in my opinion. It's easy, simple, and has a high lethality. And it's clean. Shooting yourself is no easy task; what if you're reflexes kick in and then the bullet goes in an unintended direction?

Reactions: autumnal
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Yes, but people get revived all the time. I am not pro-life at all (which is the reason I am in a legal situation). Hanging is not miserable and is probably the best way to go in my opinion. It's easy, simple, and has a high lethality. And it's clean. Shooting yourself is no easy task; what if you're reflexes kick in and then the bullet goes in an unintended direction?
I've tried partial hanging, it was agonizing

Hanging is no easy task either, and you can still be rescued

Plus, if nobody resuscitated gunshot suicide victims I would imagine they'd still die eventually

Also the gun suicide success rate is like 90%, whereas I feel like hanging has to fail constantly
"The lowest lethal dose for an adult 60 kg is 0.57 mg / kg body weight, which is about 40 apricot kernels."

Eating the right amount of kernels seems like the hardest part, even if you had an antiemetic

I guess I could overkill it, crush 100 of them (or even 200, or more), and swallow them all

SN seems reliable though

Edit: If you really are in a legal situation I apologize

Last edited:
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Makes you wonder what is really in those suicide pills that were used way back in the day. Supposedly it was cyanide and it was fairly instant

Reactions: highlyvolatile and LittleJem
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
I've tried partial hanging, it was agonizing

Hanging is no easy task either, and you can still be rescued

Plus, if nobody resuscitated gunshot suicide victims I would imagine they'd still die eventually

Also the gun suicide success rate is like 90%, whereas I feel like hanging has to fail constantly
"The lowest lethal dose for an adult 60 kg is 0.57 mg / kg body weight, which is about 40 apricot kernels."

Eating the right amount of kernels seems like the hardest part, even if you had an antiemetic

I guess I could overkill it, crush 100 of them (or even 200, or more), and swallow them all

SN seems reliable though

Edit: If you really are in a legal situation I apologize

Yeah I guess suicide is definitely not a one-size-fits-all type of deal. Partial hanging seems to work the best for me, and it is understandable it may not be the best for you. My apricot kernel powder didn't do anything to me (neither did antifreeze nor caffeine pills, which just tortured me and made me puke out my organs for six days). However, maybe apricot kernels could indeed work for you even though it doesn't work for others (like myself). Apricot kernels don't actually have cyanide in them, anyway; it's just amygdalin.

Where I live (in Canada), hanging is the most common form of suicide and was even used back when we had capital punishment. I have never experienced with SN before and don't know anything about that.

And I genuinely am in a life-destroying legal situation. I'm only 18 (almost 19) and my life is already destroyed over very stupid reasons. It really sucks. What is making you suicidal if I may ask?

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
This is interesting, my dog ate a couple of cherries the other day so I googled if they were safe for her, and it brought up the cyanide poisoning.

dioxide

dioxide

Dec 6, 2019
I chewed several cherry pits when i was kid, like 4 o 5 and they did absolutely nothing, probably just pain to guts for a few hours.

I guess the chemical process that bring pure cyanide into cyanide hydrogen that has high toxicity, is quite more complex, it requires a biosynthesis made first removing all the water at molecular level, and then adding some specific acids (they are in the chemical table).

I guess that some chemistry student may get poison from fruit seeds, but anyone else can get only belly ache and diharrea.

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
"Estimates state that eating 50 to 60 apricot kernels could deliver a lethal dose of cyanide. Cyanide poisoning can occur at much lower levels, however."

I wanna say the minimum lethal dose of cyanide is given as 200mg

But 1.5 grams is generally considered the "painless" amount

1.5g is like seven and a half times 200mg, so let's just say:
7.5 × 50 kernels = 375 kernels

7.5 × 60 kernels = 450 kernels

Maybe if you ground them up first you could eat a bowl of them?
I calculated it and it takes eighteen cherry pits to become mildly lethal. What I want to know is how to make it a more potent death potion.
Just use a ton of them?

Last edited:
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
"Estimates state that eating 50 to 60 apricot kernels could deliver a lethal dose of cyanide. Cyanide poisoning can occur at much lower levels, however."

I wanna say the minimum lethal dose of cyanide is given as 200mg

But 1.5 grams is generally considered the "painless" amount

1.5g is like seven and a half times 200mg, so let's just say:
7.5 × 50 kernels = 375 kernels

7.5 × 60 kernels = 450 kernels

Maybe if you ground them up first you could eat a bowl of them?

Just use a ton of them?

I doubt it'd work. The cases on those news websites are either not entirely truthful, or just people with some genetic fuck up

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Also, from Reddit:

"
Here is the math

TL;DR:

The lowest known adult fatal dose of hydrogen cyanide was estimated to be 50 milligrams.
Cherry pits contain about 3% amygdalin which yields 0.17% HCN
29.4 grams of cherry kernels x 0.17% HCN = 50mg of cyanide
One cherry pit weighs about 1 gram, so you're going to have to eat about 30 crushed cherry pits to die a horrible death.

UPDATE (2019-06-04): /u/MrMerati reached out and pointed out that the cherry pit amygdalin content cited on that page is (probably) wrong [Bolarinwa et al.]. So with new values of 0.27% (≈0.016% HCN by mass) for black cherries and 0.4% (≈0.024% HCN by mass) for red, we get the following lowest lethal amounts:

50mg / 0.016% = 312.5g ≈ 313 black cherry pits.
50mg / 0.024% = 208.3g ≈ 209 red cherry pits"

And that's just to get like 50mg

So you'd theoretically need 30 times that much, or 9,000 cherry pits

Although, the 1.5g cyanide painless dose is for potassium cyanide/KCN so I'm not sure how that changes in regard to hydrogen cyanide

This guy dissolves gold with however many cherry pits this is, which I can't tell by eye:

Edit: The 9,000 cherry pits number seems way off, maybe it would be in the 1,800-2,000 range, which is still impractically high

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and MsMaudlin
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
Also, from Reddit:

"
Here is the math

TL;DR:

29.4 grams of cherry kernels x 0.17% HCN = 50mg of cyanide
One cherry pit weighs about 1 gram, so you're going to have to eat about 30 crushed cherry pits to die a horrible death.

UPDATE (2019-06-04): /u/MrMerati reached out and pointed out that the cherry pit amygdalin content cited on that page is (probably) wrong [Bolarinwa et al.]. So with new values of 0.27% (≈0.016% HCN by mass) for black cherries and 0.4% (≈0.024% HCN by mass) for red, we get the following lowest lethal amounts:

50mg / 0.016% = 312.5g ≈ 313 black cherry pits.
50mg / 0.024% = 208.3g ≈ 209 red cherry pits"

And that's just to get like 50mg

So you'd theoretically need 30 times that much, or 9,000 cherry pits

Although, the 1.5g cyanide painless dose is for potassium cyanide/KCN so I'm not sure how that changes in regard to hydrogen cyanide

This guy dissolves gold with however many cherry pits this is, which I can't tell by eye:

Cherry pits don't contain cyanide. They contain amygdalin

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
So, I read this article about a man getting hospitalized for eating the seed inside the cherry pits. He got hospitalized for consuming two of them and almost died.

I did some research and it's true. Cherry pits are not lethal when swallowed if they are not damaged. If they are cracked open, the cyanide inside becomes poisonous as soon as it touches air.

Having that in mind, one could possibly ctb if he has consumed enough cherry pits to take him down.

I did some research about the dose of the pits that need to be taken and this came out:

As per lostallhope.com, cyanide poisoning has a high mortality rate, but is also very painful.

Thank you for reading. If I got anything wrong feel free to tell me.

I've always loved cherries, now another reason to love them!

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

Feb 23, 2020
Yes but your stomach breaks amygdalin down into cyanide

I'm not sure how the crushed cherries dissolved the gold then, though

True but who knows if the stomach actually breaks down all of it, too. So many factors

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
Assuming it is feasible for you to provide an answer, could you elaborate on how long it takes to die by cyanide and how painful it appears to you? For example, if it takes 5 minutes to die but is very very painful, I'm sure a lot here would consider this a very good method.
Look up the pdf of Final Exit and read the cyanide part

It also seems with like the right dose (1.5g apparently), you fall to the ground almost immediately

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
PPH gives cyanide a 5/10 for peacefulness. Unfortunately, any rating is going to be arbitrary and the authors might not have had first hand experience.

Seems like cyanide is very quick which makes me question why its peacefulness rating (both in the pph and here) are low. Surely a method that kills with some pain in under 10 minutes is still somewhat peaceful?
I think more importantly than the dying in under 10 minutes is that you go unconscious somewhat early, you're definitely not awake the whole 10 minutes

It seems like (from what I can gather), if you take an smaller but still lethal dose of cyanide you are awake for longer, and I think you can still like walk around and throw up

N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020

So hydrogen cyanide's minimum lethal dose is 50mg, and potassium cyanide's lethal dose is more like 200mg, for whatever that's worth

And for reference again, a "peaceful" dose of potassium cyanide is 1.5g

Not sure what a peaceful dose is for hydrogen cyanide, I'm tempted to say like 350mg-400mg just to be in proportion to how potassium cyanide dosage seems to work, but I don't actually know

JusReallyTired

JusReallyTired

Feb 26, 2020
I have already tried this. I bought almost 50 apricots from the grocery store and spent the whole afternoon digging out kernels. I crushed them in a blender, swallowed the powdered apricot kernels down with a slushy and some apple juice, and it did nothing.
It likely didn't work because the chemical in the kernels must react with the enzymes in your stomach or mouth to make cyanide. If you had a full stomach and had a slushy and apple juice, less of the kernels will be exposed to this enzyme as all that stuff will be sitting in your stomach, decreasing the amount of cyanide produced. For this method to produce a lethal amount of cyanide (or at least be more effective), one should eat the blended kernels on an empty stomach, and not stretch the 'kernel mush' too much.

Reactions: TheSuicidalEccentric
N

NotWhatIExpected

Jan 27, 2020
I kind of wonder if the "cyanide via amygdalin from seeds and pits" piece of information was always a head game to mess with the suicidal (or I guess the homicidal), or if there was some other reason it's talked about so much

Reactions: TheSuicidalEccentric