• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
There appears to be some disharmony in the camp recently. Older members saying the place is not what it was, newer members posting disrespectful replies, blah blah, yadda yadda so on and so forth. Its a forum, a public meeting place for open discussion.

Having been around the internet for longer than I care to remember, I have seen many forums, chat rooms, social sites, come and go. The one thing they all have in common, just like Facebook [I fucking hate that place] are the option to promote content. What does that mean exactly?

It starts with any kind of ranking system, which this place has and so do many many others. The more you post, the higher your rank goes. Does a high rank automatically mean you deserve the respect of others? A high rank does not mean that the content you or I add is of any real worth or quality. Play the "word games" and your rank increases very rapidly, for writing one or two words. Some members, me included, post fairly long diatribes about anything and everything, most of it just opinion, not fact. Some post very good quality threads that are interesting and informative, yet they are not high ranking members.

Then we have the real promotional issue, the LIKE! The site also, like many, has a ranking system for likes/hugs/wow/loves etc. Most likes? Its under members, check it out. Some people, rightly or wrongly, turn the place not into a forum, but a popularity contest. I have seen it in many places online. Its nothing new or ground breaking. We all have a ego and for the most part, we like to be liked. Some people take it a step further though, for whatever their reasons. They have to be the most popular person in the place. To others, it does not matter how "popular" they are amongst their peers. We are all different, thats what makes forums so successful, its about diversity. I am a hugger, I like to think that we all deserve more love and empathy in our lives, so I add hugs to those I perceive as hurting.

This place belongs to us all. We all, old and new, deserve to have a place we can come and share our thoughts and emotions. It will get rough sometimes as peoples opinions will differ. Someone pointed out to me, in my very early days here that I came across as judgemental. I have tried to curb that and have more respect for others opinions. I know the people and type of thread that are going to trigger me, so I steer clear for the most part. This tends to be a place of transition, lots of coming and going. I doubt I would ever forge a lifelong friendship in a place like this. Some do.

So the moral of this story is: Just do your thing. Try to respect the opinions of others, try to be empathetic to your fellow sufferers. Dont ask inane questions when someone is trying to say their goodbyes. Try not to "highjack" threads. Say what you want to say and move on. Making any thread a battleground is pointless and self defeating. Dont Attack others just because you dont share the same opinion. If it triggers you, dont respond, there is much much more to read than one thread that triggers you. If someone really pisses you off, theres a ignore button, use it.

The admins are working hard, in the face of mounting pressure against sites like these, to keep this place going, the least we owe them is to show a little love and understanding of why this place exists. Pro choice means just that. Lets CHOOSE to make this place a decent place for all of us to feel safe whilst we fight our demons and not each other.

Toodle Pip

• Hugs
Reactions: Donewith_, AtomicNewt, Soul and 6 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I'm a firm believer in the Ignore button. None of us are here for conflict. Well I'm not, anyway.

I'm here for the German Underwear Tree Farm pics, obviously. :wink:

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: AtomicNewt, crimea_river, kuddelmuddel23 and 13 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I'm a firm believer in the Ignore button. None of us are here for conflict. Well I'm not, anyway.

German Underwear Tree Farm?

Reactions: Circles and SinisterKid
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
German Underwear Tree Farm?
oh you'll know it when you see it, my friend... and then you'll see it every time you close your eyes, if you're lucky.
There appears to be some disharmony in the camp recently. Older members saying the place is not what it was, newer members posting disrespectful replies, blah blah, yadda yadda so on and so forth. Its a forum, a public meeting place for open discussion.

Having been around the internet for longer than I care to remember, I have seen many forums, chat rooms, social sites, come and go. The one thing they all have in common, just like Facebook [I fucking hate that place] are the option to promote content. What does that mean exactly?

It starts with any kind of ranking system, which this place has and so do many many others. The more you post, the higher your rank goes. Does a high rank automatically mean you deserve the respect of others? A high rank does not mean that the content you or I add is of any real worth or quality. Play the "word games" and your rank increases very rapidly, for writing one or two words. Some members, me included, post fairly long diatribes about anything and everything, most of it just opinion, not fact. Some post very good quality threads that are interesting and informative, yet they are not high ranking members.

Then we have the real promotional issue, the LIKE! The site also, like many, has a ranking system for likes/hugs/wow/loves etc. Most likes? Its under members, check it out. Some people, rightly or wrongly, turn the place not into a forum, but a popularity contest. I have seen it in many places online. Its nothing new or ground breaking. We all have a ego and for the most part, we like to be liked. Some people take it a step further though, for whatever their reasons. They have to be the most popular person in the place. To others, it does not matter how "popular" they are amongst their peers. We are all different, thats what makes forums so successful, its about diversity. I am a hugger, I like to think that we all deserve more love and empathy in our lives, so I add hugs to those I perceive as hurting.

This place belongs to us all. We all, old and new, deserve to have a place we can come and share our thoughts and emotions. It will get rough sometimes as peoples opinions will differ. Someone pointed out to me, in my very early days here that I came across as judgemental. I have tried to curb that and have more respect for others opinions. I know the people and type of thread that are going to trigger me, so I steer clear for the most part. This tends to be a place of transition, lots of coming and going. I doubt I would ever forge a lifelong friendship in a place like this. Some do.

So the moral of this story is: Just do your thing. Try to respect the opinions of others, try to be empathetic to your fellow sufferers. Dont ask inane questions when someone is trying to say their goodbyes. Try not to "highjack" threads. Say what you want to say and move on. Making any thread a battleground is pointless and self defeating. Dont Attack others just because you dont share the same opinion. If it triggers you, dont respond, there is much much more to read than one thread that triggers you. If someone really pisses you off, theres a ignore button, use it.

The admins are working hard, in the face of mounting pressure against sites like these, to keep this place going, the least we owe them is to show a little love and understanding of why this place exists. Pro choice means just that. Lets CHOOSE to make this place a decent place for all of us to feel safe whilst we fight our demons and not each other.

Toodle Pip
Ok wait I'm confused. I don't see how number of posts equals "rank", there is no superiority, no prize or status for posting on free web forums, my god.
You know how I constantly complain that in NT society everything has to be a competition, that so many people are suicidal because they think their life is a competition with others? THIS is exactly the kind of thing I mean.

A lot of posts only makes me think someone has too much time on their hands (guilty myself).
I pay more attention to people who post least, because their words carry more importance somehow, they don't waste what they have to say just babbling carelessly, like me.
And I figure they have more important things in their life than this, if they post rarely.

I do like Liking peoples' comments though. I know it's like giving people fake-dopamine hits but, whatever, it's a cheap way to be nice to people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul, SinisterKid, inconsequential and 2 others
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I honestly feel like the ranking system here is not being abused. Other places are much worse.

Reactions: Soul, SinisterKid, inconsequential and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I honestly feel like the ranking system here is not being abused. Other places are much worse.
I usually last about 24 hours on new forums because everybody thinks the rules are different for noobs but I refuse to comply. I like it that the admins and mods don't interfere much here. I should definitely be censored more than I am, just for my own good, but, oh well. They aren't babysitters. :heh:

• Love
Reactions: SinisterKid
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I'm too afraid to google that shit.. really way way too afraid.. but my mind wants to know.

As far as the topic goes. you soon learn what posts to ignore and what posts to read. just like anything really. but on a whole this place is better that most of the internet as far as i can tell.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, SinisterKid and not_a_robot
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I'm too afraid to google that shit.. really way way too afraid.. but my mind wants to know.

It's a joke about the profile pic and member title of someone here.

Reactions: Circles
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Every generalised forum is going to have roughly the same distribution of people. And the large majority is invariably going to disappoint. It just stings more here because the place encourages you to put your guard down.
oh you'll know it when you see it, my friend... and then you'll see it every time you close your eyes, if you're lucky.
I tried looking it up, and couldn't find anything. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad...

• Love
Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
lol. It's a terrifying farm in Germany where the Underwear grow on trees that keep sexy men prisoner, on leashes, to water them. Some bizarre human servitude to plants, probably just a harmless Vegan Cult, really.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, SinisterKid, Empty Smile and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Like any form of social media the novelty wears off after a while and it becomes repetitive. I've no doubt many are here with good intentions and are genuinely suffering, but like any other site there are those whose motives are questionable. How do I know? because I've seen it on more than one occasion.
I used to interact with many on here who have either ctb (which takes its toll) or are no longer active. Quite a few of those disappeared after the @Vaughn fiasco, I'm sure some of the older members will recall that one.
I got what I came here for, it's served its purpose in that respect and I'm grateful to many for the interaction we had, so thanks
@Misanthrope
@therhydler
@TiredHorse
@iHeartRockArt
@Jupiter
@Chinaski
@Crest33
@Eden2k
@Passingby
@Circles
@brighter
@ReadyasEver
@Empty Smile
And thanks to anyone else who I might have missed.
Ciao

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 15dec, wiIIow, H2H2 and 7 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
Like any form of social media the novelty wears off after a while and it becomes repetitive. I've no doubt many are here with good intentions and are genuinely suffering, but like any other site there are those whose motives are questionable. How do I know? because I've seen it on more than one occasion.
I used to interact with many on here who have either ctb (which takes its toll) or are no longer active. Quite a few of those disappeared after the @Vaughn fiasco, I'm sure some of the older members will recall that one.
I got what I came here for, it's served its purpose in that respect and I'm grateful to many for the interaction we had, so thanks
@Misanthrope
@therhydler
@TiredHorse
@iHeartRockArt
@Jupiter
@Chinaski
@Crest33
@Eden2k
@Passingby
@Circles
@brighter
@ReadyasEver
Ciao
Can't believe you forgot me.... That does it, you're off my friends list.

• Love
Reactions: crimea_river, Circles, SinisterKid and 2 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
@Misanthrope
@therhydler
@TiredHorse
@iHeartRockArt
@Jupiter
@Chinaski
@Crest33
@Eden2k
@Passingby
@Circles
@brighter
@ReadyasEver
@Empty Smile
Ciao
Damn just when I'm feeling the same, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Well please don't be a stranger if you ever feel like coming back. I'm so sorry to see you go and I'm grateful for having met you and all the interactions we've had with @JustAboutDone made this place feel like a new home to me. Please with all my sympathy take care and whatever happens I hope you have a swift journey ahead.

Peace and Love good Sir. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Donewith_, 15dec, not_a_robot and 3 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
@Misanthrope
@therhydler
@TiredHorse
@iHeartRockArt
@Jupiter
@Chinaski
@Crest33
@Eden2k
@Passingby
@Circles
@brighter
@ReadyasEver
@Empty Smile
Ciao
I'd really hate to see you go. I've enjoyed reading your threads and posts.

You know we'll always be here(well, maybe) if you decide to come back.

Peace my friend.

Reactions: 15dec, wiIIow, H2H2 and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I will probably keep coming back just because suicidal people are the only ones masochistic enough tolerate me. It does get a bit sad watching people go. I've been watching the N threads to see who gets theirs and I've been so happy for them but then I had a crash this morning when I realized those people are going to disappear soon. I know anyone could go at any time, but I think the expiration dates got to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: RM5998, Empty Smile, SinisterKid and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I never said it was a system that is abused, just that it exists and where it exists, it is possible to abuse it.

A members rank increase/changes with every 100 messages made from what I can see. The members area also "ranks" users with regard to likes and messages. Some people I know from other places online see that as some form of personal challenge/competition that they must top those "ranks" by hell or high water. So it does indeed make it a competition, in their minds. We see no reward in that, but sadly, some do, its status or something, I dont even begin to understand the mentality behind it, I just know it exists. I think Johnny gets what I am aiming at.

Its not to say it happens here, just that it is possible that some see it in those terms, or potentially see it that way. Its not having a pop at anyone, just a mere form of observation about forums in general and how they seem to function.

Reactions: Empty Smile
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I never said it was a system that is abused, just that it exists and where it exists, it is possible to abuse it.

A members rank increase/changes with every 100 messages made from what I can see. The members area also "ranks" users with regard to likes and messages. Some people I know from other places online see that as some form of personal challenge/competition that they must top those "ranks" by hell or high water. So it does indeed make it a competition, in their minds. We see no reward in that, but sadly, some do, its status or something, I dont even begin to understand the mentality behind it, I just know it exists. I think Johnny gets what I am aiming at.

Its not to say it happens here, just that it is possible that some see it in those terms, or potentially see it that way. Its not having a pop at anyone, just a mere form of observation about forums in general and how they seem to function.
Those are crazy people though. If anything the rank should go by likes. I would give everybody else so many likes I'd keep myself ranked dead last. Court Jester has no royal title.
I would probably make it a personal game to keep myself ranked last. I'm just weird like that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SinisterKid, Empty Smile and inconsequential
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Those are crazy people though. If anything the rank should go by likes. I would give everybody else so many likes I'd keep myself ranked dead last. Court Jester has no royal title.

I thought it was based on likes for around two weeks. I am a derp who likes pretty colors.

• Hugs
Reactions: Empty Smile, not_a_robot and SinisterKid
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018

I don't pay attention to the ranking thing. I don't even know where I'm at, or if I'm even on the list....

Now I know in a few minutes, curiosity will get the best of me and I'll have to go look!!

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and SinisterKid
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I don't pay attention to the ranking thing. I don't even know where I'm at, or if I'm even on the list....

Now I know in a few minutes, curiosity will get the best of me and I'll have to go look!!
I see it when I'm looking up members to annoy and it's never even anyone I recognize. I think I'd be embarrassed. It would be like mocking me for spending too much time here.
Like. Who watched 80 hours of tv this week, it's YOU!

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and SinisterKid
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
The conversations you have with people in PMs are the most important IMO. Even if you struggle to find someone to talk to you can always post a topic asking or find a topic where someone else has asked, there are plenty around.

I feel bad that this probably affects people on the fence the most. For people that are really ready to go these likes and popularity mean little to nothing. Some will even just see this forum as a utility.

Reactions: Tortured_empath and SinisterKid
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
I see it when I'm looking up members to annoy and it's never even anyone I recognize.

Great, so now I have to worry that you'll see my name in there and you'll start stalking...... I mean, annoying me?

• Love
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Many many moons ago, I was a member of a radio station forum which had a similar system to the one here. Fights used to break out about the quantity of posts some people were making. It was worse than a kiddies playground sometimes. A few of us got that fed up with it all, we started our own place up where we could just chat. Some days it was fun to watch, other days it was just tiresome.

I have way too much time on my hands. Just waiting for my bus. This place is just my latest distraction which helps me in my daily battles with life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sideswipe, not_a_robot and Empty Smile
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Great, so now I have to worry that you'll see my name in there and you'll start stalking...... I mean, annoying me?
No I just mean Its right next to the search bar when I'm looking someone up to PM

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

Jul 13, 2018
No I just mean Its right next to the search bar when I'm looking someone up to PM
Oh bummer... I like when people annoy me. It takes my mind off this miserable life I suffer from!
< Billy no Mates, no one PMs me :pfff:
Would you feel better if I pm you? I can't promise it would be educational or anything.. lol

• Love
kuddelmuddel23

kuddelmuddel23

Expert Level Tree Farmer
Jun 13, 2019
@Empty Smile @blanketyblk
Hi there! :heh:

• Love
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot, Empty Smile and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Some kind soul just sent me a PM, I am not a social pariah after all :haha:

• Love
Reactions: Empty Smile and RM5998
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I think it was a flyer about the evils of weed, or maybe just someone pointing out that I am virtually brain dead :wink:

Reactions: Empty Smile