Would you take a randomized personality over your own?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I was self-loathing I said that to my self-help group. I would take any personality over mine. Currently, I feel better I would not agree to it anymore.
I am not sure whether this is an indicator for self-hatred. I curious about the results.

nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
If it is random I am too afraid I would end up being even worse than I am now.

• Love
Reactions: Chinchilla and ijustwishtodie
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Naw

• Love
Reactions: damienlerone03, sserafim and ijustwishtodie
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Maybe, if I get to forget my previous personality to avoid regrets then I'd do it. One of the things that really keep me stuck in place is indecisiveness and endless skepticism so it would be cool if I was more sure of what path to take regardless of whether I'm wrong or not because indecisiveness can sometimes be low intensity torture like that frog that stays in the water that's slowly heating up until it boils.

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Yeah, I'm too mentally limited, I'd want to be anything else, if I were to roll the dice I'd be anything, anyone that is not the limited me, maybe that means I'd be smarter and more energetic and emanate an attractive aura

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No. I think that having a personality that isn't just apathy sounds exhausting to live with. This is quite contradictory to say but I like being apathetic

sirciroc

sirciroc

Feb 4, 2024
No. I'm pretty funny and I'm rather kind. But sometimes I wish I was more assertive or bold. I do often wish I could temporarily be in the body of other people though just to briefly experience how they feel and live cause I often wonder why people act the way they do

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hell no, but that could be due to the fearfulness of my current personality. Too many risks involved I'd say.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No. I think that having a personality that isn't just apathy sounds exhausting to live with. This is quite contradictory to say but I like being apathetic
Actually, I think the lives of normies are way less exhausting. If you like what you are doing (living) and enjoy working etc. time really flies.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Yes, I'd rather take my chances to be normal, but even if I were the pain wouldn't go away, so it probably wouldn't matter in the end

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024
No. My personality is not the problem, this world is. My own personality never made me suicidal, the system did.

banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
As much as I deeply dislike myself I also have the benefit of being risk averse and the randomized element in this hypothetical carries too much risk lol

vile samsara

vile samsara

Feb 26, 2024
Too many variables and possible outcome, no thanks...

coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
I would rather be literally anyone else than who i am so yeah

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
KOMM

KOMM

Feb 4, 2024
I would choose a more sociable personality, if I was lucky.

Last edited: