Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Santa Claus

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
As of this post, Christmas is a ways away, but I am still curious to know. Who do you like more? Explain your reasoning.

As for me, I will choose Santa because he was kind enough to give me exactly what I wanted for Christmas, but Jesus never answered my prayers :(

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: 3/4Dead, Forever Sleep and Blurry_Buildings
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Santa, because he's real

#keepbelieving

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: LongForWordlessSong, 3/4Dead, Downdraft and 6 others
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I personally find Santa Claus to be kinda creepy. He seems to enjoy young children sitting in his lap just a little too much. So I would have to go with Jesus.

If you rearrange the letters in Santa you get Satan. Coincidence? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim, ForsakenDial, Homo erectus and 3 others
dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
Richard Ramirez

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, Oliver and Malaria
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
didn't vote. they don't exist

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Shadowpriest, Blurry_Buildings, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Not traditionally religious (TST) but voted Jesus. We believe he was very real (not the son of any god though). He was also a heathen and opposed those in power at the time. Were he born today and held the same beliefs, modern 'Christians' would do everything to discredit him at the least.
Modern mainstream religions are so sickeningly twisted.

• Informative
Reactions: Tears in Rain, the_fail_man and Malaria
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I only voted Jesus Christ cos Santa is a capitalist pig. I have no love for either of them 😠.

• Wow
Reactions: broth0100, Melly and Malaria
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Not traditionally religious (TST) but voted Jesus. We believe he was very real (not the son of any god though). He was also a heathen and opposed those in power at the time. Were he born today and held the same beliefs, modern 'Christians' would do everything to discredit him at the least.
Modern Jesus would declare all of established christianity heresy and call most of the church goers filthy hypocrites just like he did at the jewish temples lol

But definetely Santa. Does Jesus circumnavigate the globe every year in a magic reindeer sled? I didn't think so.
Also last time I checked the North American Aerospace Defense Command doesn't have a Jesus tracker.
^(my well spent tax dollars at work damnit)

Reactions: Malaria and MindFrog
whiteclaudia

whiteclaudia

cute + well adjusted
Mar 23, 2024
baphomet.

this thread reminds me of how my mom got in trouble as a kid for telling a classmate that "god isn't real, he's like the easter bunny." the girl started crying because she was sad the easter bunny wasn't real.

• Informative
Reactions: Malaria
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Santa Claus is based on a real person. Jesus likely was too. The problem is the flamboyant mythologies that evolve over subsequent centuries, in all cases designed to manipulate people to submit to church authorities.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Malaria and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Santa has only ever given me a DVD for the movie Ice Age. At least Jesus might have had some effect on my luck in Gacha games or finding shiny Pokémon.

Reactions: 3/4Dead, Homo erectus, sserafim and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel more empathy for Jesus. I mean- both are given supernatural powers but at crunch time, God just leaves his son to be brutalised and crucified. Why couldn't he have just died a peaceful death and appeared in ghost form to his followers to prove resurrection? Unless God actually was Jesus and sacrificed himself I suppose. I've never really wrapped my head around that bit. But yeah- I feel bad for Jesus. He does all that publicity work for his Dad and then goes through the most horrific death and his Dad barely raises a finger to help.

Reactions: _Broken_alice and Malaria
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Probably santa though I don't know much about either of them to decide for certain

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Goat…hmm seems like Satan to me 👀

In my view, Satan is absolutely an archetype that we all have within us. We all have the capacity for in a relationship to- evil!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Malaria and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

In my view, Satan is absolutely an archetype that we all have within us. We all have the capacity for in a relationship to- evil!

Ngl Lucifer is hot

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: 4am and Malaria
the_fail_man

the_fail_man

Failure, Outcast, Diseased - The True Leper
Mar 9, 2024
This ^

Reactions: Malaria and Homo erectus
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I'm a big Christology nerd, so Jesus.

also I have a fear of breaking and entering...

Reactions: DarkRange55 and Malaria
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I'm a big Christology nerd, so Jesus.

also I have a fear of breaking and entering...
At one point I was in a phd program for theological seminary of divinity

• Wow
Reactions: 3/4Dead, sserafim and Malaria
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
That's really cool!
One of my degrees was in philosophy but I ultimately ended up with an advanced degree in physics then went into finance in the end. But I've had a few degrees/majors and moved around in industries.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
At one point I was in a phd program for theological seminary of divinity
I stayed at this place in England last summer called Sarum College. It was in Salisbury. I think it had divinity and theology classes
One of my degrees was in philosophy but I ultimately ended up with an advanced degree in physics then went into finance in the end. But I've had a few degrees/majors and moved around in industries.
How did you end up going into finance?

Last edited:
  • Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I stayed at this place in England over the summer called Sarum College. It was in Salisbury. I think it had divinity and theology classes

IFRC thats a theological center so that makes sense. One of my great-great grandfathers was a very high-level theologian and translated a well regarded version of the Bible. I don't want to give more info and details about him just for my own anonymity haha
I stayed at this place in England over the summer called Sarum College. It was in Salisbury. I think it had divinity and theology classes

God commanded it 😉
I think a few people have asked me that on this forum 🤔 maybe I should answer that in that one AMA thread I have about family offices/private wealth management…

I did some work for the government of Japan and the US during post-doc studies but thats another story for another time…

Last edited:
  • Informative