• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How much does outer appearance influence the choice of a partner on average?

• 0-20%

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 20-40%

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 40-60%

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 60-80%

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 80-100%

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Seemingly I already posted a thread like that. But here I will add a poll.

I think it is for me personally (for my own preferences) it is like 1/3 of the decision (the outer appearance). Sometimes more and sometimes less. I already had a crush on a transwoman. With outer appearance I always fear the halo effect. One sees the person in a better light just because one connects good looks with positive character traits. It is sort of superficial. Maybe I am overthinking this. I want to be deep and judging by the surface seems shallow. The extremely attractive woman I met was recently pretty unfriendly towards me despite I did a lot for her.

So in general for an average person (maybe you could argue whether men or women judge more by the outer appearance) how much of the decision for a partner (not hook up for example) makes up the outer appearance in percent?

I am curious on the results of this poll.

On average I would say 40-60%.

To clarify it: The poll is about the average Joe and Jane. But a comparison with your own value system would be interesting to add in the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
the "on average" part is confusing me.
whats my opinion or other peoples (the average in general)

for me its zero
The poll is about the average Joe and Jane. But a comparison with your own value system would be interesting to add.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I mean, I think it can play a huge role, but losers can't be choosers. We all might be attracted to the person who looks like a model, but we will settle for less.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm not really sure..I mean nobody likes to wake up next to Gargamel/ Gargamella.

But i do know 'taste' in people can change a bit getting older. Yes looks are important, but even more important for my personally is that someone takes care of himself. Personal hygiene, brush those teeth, comb that hair ( if you have it ofcourse) wash yourself especially in sweaty places.
And what really truly disturbs me in another person is loudly burping or farting.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021