have you ever dreamed of yourself?

• Total voters
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
i'm getting a feeling that nobody dreams of themselves (your image as you see it in the mirror)

have you ever dreamed of your own image?

we have an intimate familiarity of our image: most of us look in the mirror, at least once a day (if not more), yet our subconscious mind avoids our image; i'm not even thinking of our drivers license photo; i think that because of this unavoidable familiarity we become painfully aware of every imperfection about us: our face or our body - we don't like us ! and i think this is absolutely normal

am i wrong?

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, aSilentVoice, Xernarot and 4 others
Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
If you mean hurting myself sure but other than that no all I have is nightmares

Reactions: Rocinante and ksp
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think I've ever seen my own image in a dream- in a reflection or- out of body type thing. I experience dreams from within me- first person type perspective. I'm not even me though some of the time- in terms of realism anyway. Quite often I have amazing abilities that I don't have in real life- I can sing, speak foreign languages, run and fly in dreams.

What's even weirder is- people in dreams whom I know- like friends and family rarely look like themselves. And neither do places. In my head- I am where I used to live/work/go to school- but they don't resemble the actual places either. The only places that are quite true to life are childhood houses I grew up in. Dreams are so weird!!

Reactions: LivideLamb, Rocinante, aSilentVoice and 2 others
Lamentice

Lamentice

Sayonara
Mar 27, 2023
Yes, often, and I can't recall ever having a dream (when I'm in it) where I wasn't watching myself in 3rd person perspective. I don't remember memories in any other way but 3rd person. I only learned 2ish years ago that that wasn't normal when talking to someone about it for the first time. I don't really know why I dream and remember things that way though, I have my theories, but still who knows why ┐(´ー`)┌, could mean nothing honestly.

Reactions: aSilentVoice, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Skathon and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
But if in real life you can't see it either... I mean I don't have dreams of myself in the third person, they are all in the first person... unless you see yourself in some reflection like a mirror.

//

Però si a la vida real tampoc la pots veure... vull dir que no tinc somnis de mi mateix en tercera persona, són tots en primera.. a menys que et vegis en algún reflexe com un mirall.

Reactions: ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
If you mean hurting myself sure but other than that no all I have is nightmares
i'm so sorry you're having nightmares often - i never meant to trigger anyone, yet i managed it somehow…
i used to have nightmares as a kid, but not now: the word 'disturbing' is not enough to describe night terrors, but i hope you'll find some peace at least at night

I don't think I've ever seen my own image in a dream- in a reflection
this is the essence of my question: i think people don't see themselves in a mirror, during dreams
they don't see their own face, or their own body

I experience dreams from within me- first person type perspective
obviously we experience our dreams from the first-person perspective

i used to dream i was flying, and then falling but i'd always wake up just before hitting the ground
i was seeing the ground from my perspective, but i've never seen myself from a third-person perspective
i've never seen my face or body in a mirror, or 3rd-person perspective - ever: i think i'm weird (i know i'm weird, but i never thought about my dreams:)

Quite often I have amazing abilities that I don't have in real life- I can sing, speak foreign languages, run and fly in dreams.
i like the way you express yourself; you have a fascinating mind (and you're a bit weird too :)
What's even weirder is- people in dreams whom I know- like friends and family rarely look like themselves. And neither do places. In my head- I am where I used to live/work/go to school- but they don't resemble the actual places either. The only places that are quite true to life are childhood houses I grew up in. Dreams are so weird!!
i think you're projecting your fantasies in your dreams; i think that in our fantasies, melancholies, and nostalgics we tend to forget the negative aspects of our past - we only remember the parts that made us feel very good; the 'childhood house' doesn't include the forgotten times when we got upset (trivial or not) - our mind just chooses to ignore those

i don't dream anymore; i haven't dreamed for decades, and i like it like that
probably i still dream, but my mind chooses to forget my dreams before i wake up and i'm glad

Yes, often, and I can't recall ever having a dream (when I'm in it) where I wasn't watching myself in 3rd person perspective. I don't remember memories in any other way but 3rd person. I only learned 2ish years ago that that wasn't normal when talking to someone about it for the first time. I don't really know why I dream and remember things that way though, I have my theories, but still who knows why ┐(´ー`)┌, could mean nothing honestly.
this is absolutely fascinating !!!
i never thought that someone would see themselves in the 3rd person, in your dreams
this is extremely fascinating - the human mind is an uncharted mystery
thank you - i'm glad i asked this question :)

I mean I don't have dreams of myself in the third person, they are all in the first person... unless you see yourself in some reflection like a mirror.
exactly! this is what i thought too - i thought that no one saw themselves in the 3rd-person in their dreams, but @withering.waiting experiences exactly that, and i find it amazing!

• Love
Reactions: aSilentVoice, Dead Ghost, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
I have had phases where I dream quite a lot, and I have had dreams in both a first and 3rd person perspective. It's never really something I put much thought in to be honest but it's an interesting topic. Just like Forever Sleep said, I also feel that the way I see people or places in my dream that I'm familiar with never quite look how they actually do but in the dream itself it's really convincing. When I do realize that things were a bit weird or different looking it's always after I have woken up already. It might be like you mentioned that our mind only takes specific parts of our memory to create an image of something, whether that be positive or negative ones. I think it could be either depending on the dream

Reactions: aSilentVoice, Forever Sleep and ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
I have had dreams in both a first and 3rd person perspective.
thank you!!! all the 'yes' answers are blowing my mind!

i've never, ever thought that people saw themselves in the 3rd-perspective in their dreams, and now i tend to see that it's not as 'normal' as i thought

to be honest, i never think too much about dreams, but the fact is that the mind does do something important - even if we don't understand why, or how, it processes our thoughts one way or the other
it would be very interesting to found out more details; and i mean scientific studies, and not just subjective interpretations

It might be like you mentioned that our mind only takes specific parts of our memory to create an image of something, whether that be positive or negative ones.
i'm quite sure there are scientific papers about our past fantasies and nostalgic feelings, i just don't have any links right now. but our projections in dreams are a bit different (probably affecting them, but it's not the full picture)

however, this poll proved to be quite shocking, at least to me :)

so thank you again!

Reactions: aSilentVoice and redbathingduck
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
That I can remember, I've only done it once, but I think I died in the dream and I had an out of body experience. I was floating above myself and it freaked me out enough to wake up.

Other than that, my dreams were in first person.

Reactions: aSilentVoice and ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
That I can remember, I've only done it once, but I think I died in the dream and I had an out of body experience. I was floating above myself and it freaked me out enough to wake up.
at my age (i'm definitely not young!) i never thought that my mind can open anymore; i considered myself very open-minded - especially whin it comes to autonomy, but these answers caught me by surprise (extremely pleasant surprise - full of wonder); now, i don't tend to be impressed by much, but this took me far away from my expectations:

i was expecting a poll: 100% of "no, i've never dreamed of myself from a 3rd perspective" and now it's the opposite

my hidden agenda is still the same: personal autonomy

i may not know much about dreams, but our minds should never be classified, in any shape or form - young or old, we are extremely different; and not just differences between the snowflakes, but each mind has trillions upon trillions of deferences to any other mind: autonomy can never be denied!

(sorry for derailing a bit, and thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aSilentVoice, redbathingduck and Lamentice
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
i'm so sorry you're having nightmares often - i never meant to trigger anyone, yet i managed it somehow…
i used to have nightmares as a kid, but not now: the word 'disturbing' is not enough to describe night terrors, but i hope you'll find some peace at least at night

this is the essence of my question: i think people don't see themselves in a mirror, during dreams

i used to dream i was flying, and then falling but i'd always wake up just before hitting the ground
i was seeing the ground from my perspective, but i've never seen myself from a third-person perspective
i've never seen my face or body in a mirror, or 3rd-person perspective - ever: i think i'm weird (i know i'm weird, but i never thought about my dreams:)

i like the way you express yourself; you have a fascinating mind (and you're a bit weird too :)

i think you're projecting your fantasies in your dreams; i think that in our fantasies, melancholies, and nostalgics we tend to forget the negative aspects of our past - we only remember the parts that made us feel very good; the 'childhood house' doesn't include the forgotten times when we got upset (trivial or not) - our mind just chooses to ignore those

probably i still dream, but my mind chooses to forget my dreams before i wake up and i'm glad

i never thought that someone would see themselves in the 3rd person, in your dreams

exactly! this is what i thought too - i thought that no one saw themselves in the 3rd-person in their dreams, but @withering.waiting experiences exactly that, and i find it amazing!
Actually- most of the time, my dreams are full of anxiety. When I dream about childhood homes- people are usually trying to break into them! It's not idealised at all- it's REALLY scary! Seeing as this is a reoccuring dream I have- I thought I'd try to find out a possible meaning. One interpretation is that ALL the people we dream about aren't actually other people but facets of ourselves. The fact that I'm trying to keep these people out might mean that there are parts of myself that I am avoiding facing. The advise this particular article had was to try and make the effort to lucid dream in response to this- to try and actually meet these people. It only actually happened once- not from lucid dreaming but nothing particularly bad happened as I remember. We just talked... What preceded that was terrifying though- this dark liquid that looked like blood was oozing under the door! Like I said- not at all idealised childhood stuff! More like a Hitchcock thriller! Most of the time, I just run about the house tryng to lock all the doors and hide...😬

It's weird that so many people do dream about flying. I also dream that I'm falling- I think I sometimes sort of partially wake up in a dream and realise that I can't fly- which maybe encourages me to doubt myself and fall. I've never hit the ground hard though- it's always been a gentle landing. I've heard that falling dreams come from a response to turning suddenly during the night and your brain kind of inventing a reason why you feel startled but I don't know.

I'm always just amazed by the detail we dream in. It does kind of reinforce the idea that we only use a portion of our brain's power in waking life. I have a fairly good imagination but I simply can't create the level of detail and immersiveness that I do in dreams in a daydream. It really must be a whole other area of the brain we tap into when we are asleep. I guess our waking bodies are like babies in a way- they need so much taking care of to survive. I guess our day time brains are mostly occupied with that.

Reactions: ksp, aSilentVoice and redbathingduck
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
Actually- most of the time, my dreams are full of anxiety
this was a completely unexpected turn: when you mentioned the 'childhood house' i thought you meant a comforting memory, when in fact, your perception was full of anxiety…

this is what i meant in my other post 'what-is-it-like-to-be-you' (qualia) - it's extremely difficult to explain our subjective reality (or subconscious); for dreams it might be possible the describe them in details to someone else, but you might need to write an entire book completed with a back-and-forth multiple reviews to make another person get a glimpse of your visions; and this effort is necessary only to explain one particular dream - what would it take for you to explain your complete life experience from 3 to 4 years old to now?!? to include all your negative memories (i'm not even thinking of forgotten sufferings, which your brain chooses to ignore because of too much trauma)

When I dream about childhood homes- people are usually trying to break into them! It's not idealised at all- it's REALLY scary!
sorry to force you to think about them (i'm an idiot, as usual). but you have a very good grasp of your own psychology (and self-analysis)

It's weird that so many people do dream about flying. I also dream that I'm falling- I think I sometimes sort of partially wake up in a dream and realise that I can't fly- which maybe encourages me to doubt myself and fall. I've never hit the ground hard though- it's always been a gentle landing
another important difference: for me, i see the ground approaching - and it can be quite terrifying, but after waking up after such a dream i only felt mildly disturbed, and i was able to forget about it very quickly

my old nightmares were truly horrifying - not gore, but it scared me to my core for some reason… i'm unable to explain why it was so traumatic: an infinite black-and-white field of wireframe mesh with a perspective towards the horizon - completely silent (extremely creepy silence). my nightmare is quite simple, in image below (except it was all black); an extremely dark, endless, silent night:
14107872 7CAB 4E9D 891F 582BFBF64707
(on top of that - i hate noise, i love silence and solitude - go figure…)

but it's interesting that you jump to self doubt: "…which maybe encourages me to doubt myself…" - another factor contributing to your insecurities maybe?

I've heard that falling dreams come from a response to turning suddenly during the night and your brain kind of inventing a reason why you feel startled
I'm always just amazed by the detail we dream in. It does kind of reinforce the idea that we only use a portion of our brain's power in waking life. I have a fairly good imagination but I simply can't create the level of detail and immersiveness that I do in dreams in a daydream. It really must be a whole other area of the brain we tap into when we are asleep. I guess our waking bodies are like babies in a way- they need so much taking care of to survive. I guess our day time brains are mostly occupied with that.
that's interesting; but i think that we are too far from understanding dreams properly, just as we are too far from understanding intelligence unfortunately…

as a side note: i'm preparing a long post for your old thread: Where do morals come from?
i'm late, but i have a good excuse: usually i don't post unless i have something interesting to say
(it will take me some time to type it up…)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: aSilentVoice and Forever Sleep
Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022

No your ok you didn't trigger me lol I was just just saying and it's ok I have grown use to it its not even a shock anymore I don't wake up screaming or anything just wake up like yet that was another horrible night

ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
you didn't trigger me lol I was just just saying and it's ok I have grown use to it its not even a shock anymore I don't wake up screaming or anything just wake up like yet that was another horrible night
maybe you got used to it, but it really pisses me off (but at least you don't find them too disturbing)

Reactions: aSilentVoice
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I've looked in the mirror in dreams before. Also one time I saw myself in a dream and it turned out I had traveled back in time. that was a cool one

Toy

Toy

Let me out.
Mar 12, 2023
I have dreamt about myself in a 3rd-person perspective, it feels surreal. You're floating outside of yourself and watching everything that unfolds and yet you can't control this "you" that you're spectating. Most of the time, it takes place in my nightmares for me. I also have looked in the mirror inside of my dreams but again, this takes place in nightmares usually as well, so the sight in the mirror is usually nowhere near pleasant. It feels very strange looking at everything you're doing inside of a dream from an outside view.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I'm only able to see myself in my dreams. Most of them are in third person.

ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
I've looked in the mirror in dreams before. Also one time I saw myself in a dream and it turned out I had traveled back in time. that was a cool one
just because i never saw myself in my dreams i assumed that everyone was the same - another lesson to never assume anything, about anyone!

traveling back in time is a complete unknown to me - we can't really understand what our subconscious chooses to highlight from our waking wishes; maybe you were attempting to fix a previous action that is affecting your daily life even today; maybe you're still hanging on to a forgotten regret that would have changed the course of your life in unexpected way, but these are just speculations

but we do need a lot more studies to even start to understand the power of our minds :)

I have dreamt about myself in a 3rd-person perspective, it feels surreal. You're floating outside of yourself and watching everything that unfolds and yet you can't control this "you" that you're spectating. Most of the time, it takes place in my nightmares for me. I also have looked in the mirror inside of my dreams but again, this takes place in nightmares usually as well, so the sight in the mirror is usually nowhere near pleasant. It feels very strange looking at everything you're doing inside of a dream from an outside view.
wow!!! every unexpected answer fascinates me! especially when i understand how difficult it may be for you guys to explain strange sensations - i wish there was a way to see your experience…

I'm only able to see myself in my dreams. Most of them are in third person.
i can't believe how wrong i was: out of 20 answers, 14 saw their face or body in their dreams! 14!!!

my initial logic might make sense - to my case, but it obviously doesn't explain other experiences

it just goes to show how some logic doesn't apply to other people - we also need a lot more knowledge, and a lot more subjective perspectives

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: aSilentVoice, Toy and guayabas
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
just because i never saw myself in my dreams i assumed that everyone was the same - another lesson to never assume anything, about anyone!

traveling back in time is a complete unknown to me - we can't really understand what our subconscious chooses to highlight from our waking wishes; maybe you were attempting to fix a previous action that is affecting your daily life even today; maybe you're still hanging on to a forgotten regret that would have changed the course of your life in unexpected way, but these are just speculations

but we do need a lot more studies to even start to understand the power of our minds :)
I actually process a lot of trauma in my sleep. i have ptsd nightmares and my psychiatrists always offer to prescribe meds to get rid of them but I always turn it down. one of the reasons emdr is helpful for ptsd is bc it emulates sleep and when you sleep your cortisol levels are reduced, making it easier to address trauma. I've been able to change nightmares into peaceful dreams. I've been able to wake myself up from a nightmare by guiding my terrified dream self through meditation and opening my eyes. And I've been able to confront my now dead abusers in nightmares by screaming at them all the things I wish I could have screamed. One time I spit on one of them and it was so cathartic.

the time travel was a nice dream, I felt compassion for my former self and admired her in a way that I couldn't at that age. I just let her continue on her way without interrupting. It is fun to imagine what I would say to my former self if I got a chance though. I often wonder if she would even listen. I think in some ways she would really admire the current me, but in other ways she would be a judgemental bitch lmao

Last edited:
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
I actually process a lot of trauma in my sleep. i have ptsd nightmares and my psychiatrists always offer to prescribe meds to get rid of them but I always turn it down. one of the reasons emdr is helpful for ptsd is bc it emulates sleep and when you sleep your cortisol levels are reduced, making it easier to address trauma. I've been able to change nightmares into peaceful dreams. I've been able to wake myself up from a nightmare by guiding my terrified dream self through meditation and opening my eyes. And I've been able to confront my now dead abusers in nightmares by screaming at them all the things I wish I could have screamed. One time I spit on one of them and it was so cathartic.
wow!!! thank you for the details and insight ! (maybe others will find them helpful)
the time travel was a nice dream, I felt compassion for my former self and admired her in a way that I couldn't at that age. I just let her continue on her way without interrupting. It is fun to imagine what I would say to my former self if I got a chance though. I often wonder if she would even listen. I think in some ways she would really admire the current me, but in other ways she would be a judgemental bitch lmao
very nice! and - lolol !!! :pfff::pfff::pfff:

• Love
Reactions: guayabas
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
wow!!! thank you for the details and insight ! (maybe others will find them helpful)

very nice! and - lolol !!! :pfff::pfff::pfff:
I just want to be clear that I support anyone taking meds to address their nightmares. I know the ptsd nightmares I have that I'm not able to turn positive are downright traumatizing at times. I've just had so many cathartic ones that it's been worth it to me personally. everyone's different :)

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I have dreams in first person and third person and dreams where I'm not there at all.

Reactions: aSilentVoice, Skathon and ksp
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I forgot all of my dreams to aging .

Reactions: aSilentVoice, rationaltake and ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
I have dreams in first person and third person and dreams where I'm not there at all.
another one! amazing!
not only that, but you're providing a new view as well !

this thread completely changed my perspective: now i feel weird(er) - i am not normal!!! (so refreshing:)

I forgot all of my dreams to aging .
lol :pfff:

i'm glad i don't dream anymore (or at least i don't remember my dreams)

Reactions: aSilentVoice, epic and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I wonder how much dreams have been influenced by films and tv. I have dreams which are in film format with music and voice overs. No credits though.

• Yay!
Reactions: guayabas, aSilentVoice, Skathon and 2 others
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
I wonder how much dreams have been influenced by films and tv. I have dreams which are in film format with music and voice overs. No credits though.
Don't skip the credits there is always extra content at the end.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake and aSilentVoice
Skathon

Skathon

Oct 29, 2018
traveling back in time is a complete unknown to me
Huh... I am always able to go back in time in my dreams, although within the same timeline/setting.

I wonder how much dreams have been influenced by films and tv.
It seems to depend on the media consumed most often (whether it's in first, second or third person, as well as whether it's interactive or not).

Reactions: rationaltake, ksp and aSilentVoice
A

aSilentVoice

a quiet place
Dec 8, 2022
When I dream, I always view myself in 3rd person. Most of my irl memories are like that too (3rd person). Is that unusual or normal for memories?
Things / I often look a bit different or weird in my dreams as well. And I'm often a kid or teenager again. Wonder what that might say about my subconscious. 😄 (For reference, I'm 28.)
In 1 of my only positive dreams, I was an idealized version of myself. Happy, healthy, pretty, beautiful/long hair, and guys actually wanted to dance with me.
Most of my dreams are nightmares though. Usually I, and sometimes my little brother, are in danger. And there are certain recurring ones that I'll get. I'm on the 2nd floor and the stairs are in fire. I'm so depressed and desperately searching for a way to off myself. At little on the nose at times.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
Huh... I am always able to go back in time in my dreams, although within the same timeline/setting.

It seems to depend on the media consumed most often (whether it's in first, second or third person, as well as whether it's interactive or not).
many times, in real life, we simply can't escape our memories; but in dreams (when i do remember them) i'm always in the present, and always from my own perspective (i'm not aware of my body or my face, just my surroundings). sometimes i see very strange places and unusual situations that i don't encounter in daily life, or movies…

When I dream, I always view myself in 3rd person
it never occurred to me to ask others about this 3rd person perception - i found my perspective was way too common and usual, and normal; i considered myself extremely boring and uninteresting, but this thread made me very happy!!! i feel like i shouldn't be allowed to be this happy - this much happiness should be illegal in this forum :pfff:

i am finally ABNORMAL!!!

23 people have 3rd person dreams, and only 8 people experience 1st person dreams - i am special !! :ahhha:

Most of my irl memories are like that too (3rd person)
this is very strange to me - to live your life remembering only a 3rd perspective - extremely odd; in fact it is so strange that i can't even fathom this view in my wildest imagination - i love it !
Is that unusual or normal for memories?
after all these detailed descriptions in this thread, i've learned my lesson: the word "normal" should not exist in our dictionaries!!! the human mind is well beyond or comprehension

so no: don't seek out your 'normality' - i treasure my new found abnormality :devil:

Things / I often look a bit different or weird in my dreams as well. And I'm often a kid or teenager again.
i'm almost positive you won't be able to explain your subjective experiences to me, but at least you gave me an idea of how strange our minds are :) so thank you!
Wonder what that might say about my subconscious. 😄 (For reference, I'm 28.)
^^^ THIS is very important - neurologist, psychiatrists, and psychologists really need to conduct a lot more studies, and not only about our subconsciousness, but also about our consciousness - this is the final frontier in our lives!
In 1 of my only positive dreams, I was an idealized version of myself. Happy, healthy, pretty, beautiful/long hair, and guys actually wanted to dance with me.
absolutely fascinating - your subconscious mind is talking to you, and we have no idea what it's saying (very sad too…); obviously about your longings and your desires, but more importantly - your idealization might be contributing, or generating, some depression on some level?
Most of my dreams are nightmares though. Usually I, and sometimes my little brother, are in danger. And there are certain recurring ones that I'll get. I'm on the 2nd floor and the stairs are in fire. I'm so depressed and desperately searching for a way to off myself.
i don't know about this, but i want to guess that our minds are using our dreams (and nightmares) as ways to find coping mechanisms for our recent experiences - both good or bad
At little on the nose at times.
🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: aSilentVoice and rationaltake
Skathon

Skathon

Oct 29, 2018
but in dreams (when i do remember them) i'm always in the present, and always from my own perspective (i'm not aware of my body or my face, just my surroundings). sometimes i see very strange places and unusual situations that i don't encounter in daily life, or movies…
Mine are never set in this world/reality (otherwise they would be nightmares), therefore I rarely have any recollection of it while being asleep. I do, however, often have false memories, especially while playing a character.
I'm also able to... "communicate" with whatever creates those dreams. It becomes dormant, acting only as a memory archive, once I awake. I wish it was animate/had its own conscious instead of being saddled with me...